DJI Dropsafe question
1393 2 2014-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
claus
lvl.1

Denmark

I am considering the DJI Dropsafe for my S900/GH4 setup.

I can see that the estimated dropspeed at 7.8 kg. is around 6m/s, which in my calculations equals to dropping the rig in free fall from a height of around 1.8 meters. If It lands soft it can be ok to save a lot of the equipment.

What I would like to know, is if the landing gears will or can be set to lower in case of deployment of the Dropsafe system? This would secure the gimbal and camera better, and I would much rather buy new landing gear than a new Zenmuse + GH4 + lens. What is the size of the parachute? (m2 or diameter)

This is rather important to my buying decision..

2014-12-31
Use props
freddiebd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1891184 ft
Switzerland

Considering that Dropsafe usually occurs during a failsafe or loss of propulsion I am sure that DJI have implemented this functionality into A2 in order to satisfy many users.
2014-12-31
Use props
project41
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I would look outside of drop safe for the parachute system, drop safe is dependant on the flight controller, i am looking into using an independent system that is separate from my radio and flight control system that can be activated from a separate tx system that will cut power to all motors and deploy the parachute system. This will enable recovery in a possible fly away situation
2015-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules