Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 ideas
850 5 2016-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
logan.mitchell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33793 ft
United States

Hi my name is Logan, I have phantom 3 pro and just wanted to discuss some of my ideas for the p3. I am very satisfied with the p3 but I have a few ideas that I think could send it to the top.

First I would like to start off with the gimbal control. With the gimbal it's easy to get a smooth tilt with changing some settings. I'm not sure about anyone else but every time I fly the p3 it's just as auxilarating as the last. With that being said, aside from even flying I am a very shaky person and this really makes my shots suffer from using the gimbal wheel along with flying. It doesn't give me the cinematic video that I'm looking for so I thought it would be cool if they made it where you could change the gimbal control to the right stick when flying in waypoint mode. I think this would give it a lot more control and more of a video game feel. Of course they would have to have the controls revert when taken out of waypoint mode for safety reasons and you also have the RTH that works pretty good in my opinion. I know you can change the stick layout but not the gimbal and I'm sure they could implement it there.

My next idea is that they should make a profiler where you could save different camera settings for different shots like daytime, nighttime, and cloudy. Also it would be cool to see this integrated for places you fly regularly and have different obstacles so you could save different height and distance boundaries. They could even have a setting to automatically keep the settings when you fly in those locations if you wanted.

Last I thought it would be neat if they made handles for the phantom to be used like a ronin. While it may seem goofy, think about the technology in the camera and gimbal. Why waste it? I can assure you it wouldn't be as good as the ronin but it could prob work. Especially if your on a budget and can't afford a ronin on top of a phantom 3.

Please let me know what you think and give me some of your ideas!
Happy flying! -Logan

2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Thanks for your suggestions !
2016-1-11
Use props
americanrawlins
lvl.3

United States

Hey Logan they do make handle/straps for you to use as just a camera. It does look pretty funny but it's still nicer than most video cameras!!!!
2016-1-11
Use props
logan.mitchell
lvl.1
United States

americanrawlins Posted at 2016-1-12 14:10
Hey Logan they do make handle/straps for you to use as just a camera. It does look pretty funny but  ...

Really where can I find them? Thanks!
2016-1-12
Use props
terrylewis
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

logan.mitchell Posted at 2016-1-13 03:07
Really where can I find them? Thanks!

http://bymac.org/new/home/19-elephantom.html

Or get an OSMO :-)
2016-1-12
Use props
logan.mitchell
lvl.1
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-1-12 13:27
http://bymac.org/new/home/19-elephantom.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD64ZU1YXq8&feature=y ...

Incredible that is exactly what I was looking for thank you so much for posting!
2016-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules