Calling Out the Admins
1325 13 2016-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wsaund
lvl.2

United States

Morning all,

I have seen a lot fo people calling out the admins on the forum. Understand that they are here solely for forum support and responding to assist in the best way they can. They do not have anything to do with new software, firmware, hardware, or any other changes that DJI implements. Getting angry at them and holding them accountable for these related issues is unnecessary. The admins here have provided a lot of support and helped a lot of people on here. That is their job.

I agree that with the new DJI GO update was misleading and that they should have disclosed about the geofencing, but you can't blame the admins and they have nothing to do with that. They may not have even know about it in development and when it was released at the exact time.
2016-1-12
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-12
Use props
wsaund
lvl.2

United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-1-12 12:19
Agreed !,
I'm just appalled with DJI China !, ignorant, dishonest and flaky company with 0 "ZERO" ab ...

I agree, I wouldn't call it dishonest though. They did not lie, just withheld information, and that I feel is misleading to us (the consumer)
2016-1-12
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-1-12
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

What he said!
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Morph1 Posted at 2016-1-13 01:19
Agreed !,
I'm just appalled with DJI China !, ignorant, dishonest and flaky company with 0 "ZERO" ab ...

Sorry about your bad experience . Could you please give me more information so we can look into this ?
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

We appreciate understanding of the issue! We will keep working hard for our customers!  
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Morph1 Posted at 2016-1-13 01:19
Agreed !,

I am sorry if DJI let you disappointed... what exactly was your case about? Is there anything i can help you with?
2016-1-12
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

Hi DJI Tim & Patrick

The users in the above thread are talking about GO 2.5 having the Geofencing which was not mentioned in any release notes, or bullet points that accompanied the update.

So Dishonesty due to being mis-lead about what was/was not included.... i.e it was dishonest not to tell the users.

We know that this was beyond your control, (so not blaming you) but the people/developers etc. responsible for actually/physically releasing (DJI China) it should have clearly stated that it was included....,  

Users updated automatically/Not Knowing it was there, and the update affected them in a bad way, and hence the disappointment!
"Flakey" becaust that is what software is called when it is not properly released (i.e incorrect release notes, or buggy sw)

2016-1-13
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-1-13
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

2016-1-13
Use props
Boolean
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83363 ft
United States

All,

The word I think everyone is looking for is "Subterfuge."  It is not a lie but it is not the whole truth: things have been left out.

Strategy and Diplomacy; Trickery

2016-1-13
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Welcome to the club of those that DJI has failed to mention issues/feature changes to.

If you hang around long enough, they'll do it again. Wait until a new Phantom is released and they fail to tell you that you need to turn off the VPS because of a bug/new feature.

In the beginning, there were numerous fly-aways with the DJI standard line, no bird, no warranty. It wasn't until Healthy Drones came along to decipher flight logs to show what really happened.

When big Wang failed to show at the 2015 CES show and acknowledged that the P3 wasn't as good as it should have been, thousands of consumers got turned into beta testers for DJI.

MY rule of thumb after all of the firmware/software updates, DON'T DO IT. LET SOMEONE ELSE play guinea pig. You've been warned.
2016-1-13
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

My goodness - people certainly have anger issues!

One has to wonder if y'all are protesting the 100's of other companies you do biz with who all don't tell you every whisper from the C-Suite or engineering team....

Complaining has turned into an art form..

Let me get this straight. DJI - which is outselling their rivals 10 or 20 to 1, is doing so because they are such a bad corporation. Customers must be idiots for deciding to do with this brand over the others..in that case, right?

You can never keep everyone happy but if the Amazon reviews and total sales...and the general satisfaction with DJI birds means anything, they are keeping most that way.

The whole GEO thing is not being done to make y'all complain or to control you. It is being done to try and satisfy the FAA so they allow DJI to stay in business and you and I to use these things.

If the FAA and general public and authorities are happy, DJI would be happy, Unfortunately, a lot of idiots have spent the last year bragging about their 5 mile missions beyond line of sight and forays into stadiums, etc.

Well - that's enough for now. My suggestion for those who are very angry is to sell your birds as opposed to hatching conspiracy theories.
2016-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules