2994 42 2016-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zcholla
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226020 ft
United States

Not A Speck Of  Posted at 2016-1-30 13:18
Yes, it's quick, but there's a downside (in case I haven't already mentioned): that means it draws ...

Ok good to know. I'm heading to Scotland in March and will need a portable charger while out.
Any recommendations on a portable charger?
2016-2-1
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

zcholla Posted at 2016-2-1 10:05
Ok good to know. I'm heading to Scotland in March and will need a portable charger while out.
Any  ...

Sure, my charger of choice is the Goal Zero Yeti 400. I also have solar panels to charge it, but if you're around AC outlets each evening, that's not necessary.

As I mentioned somewhere else on these boards, the Yeti 150 seems like a nice, less expensive alternative, but since it delivers less than the 100W required by the DJI AC adaptor / charger, the circuit trips all of the time. (I know because I got this one first.) It will work however with 12V inverter / adapter.

I am not affiliated with that company. Really, anything that has a similar rating (300-400Wh, 30Ah+) plus delivers 100W+ will do.

TRAVELING NOTES: I just re-read your post re: Scotland. The Yeti 400 is large and heavy (12v car battery size / weight) and expensive @ $400+US. If during your travels you are staying at hotels with AC outlets, you would probably be better off with 3 (or more) DJI batteries, which you could easily charge each night one at a time. Also, if driving a car, combine that with a relatively inexpensive 12V inverter / adapter, like this one for ~$27US (~£24). I haven't used mine yet so I'm not positive how quickly it charges, but the specs indicate it should be fast (300 watts continuous DC to AC power and 700 watts of instantaneous power with 2 AC outlets and 2 USB charging ports).
2016-2-1
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

zcholla Posted at 2016-1-24 02:19
Wow that's much faster than i thought! I figured at least an hour or more.

Phanton 3 Standard or Advanced battery charger takes about one hour or more. Only P3P battery charger is faster.
2016-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules