How can I backup the 2.4.3 Go App on my iPad Air 2
1813 20 2016-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

Hey everyone,

I was fortunate to have had auto updates shut off yesterday.  I'm still at 2.4.3.   My iPad is relatively new and has never synced up to my desktop computer with iTunes, until last night.  Is there a way that I can backup the Go App or this so called .ipa file on the iPad in case I accidentally update it by mistake in the future.   Last night I did hook it up to the computer and did a full backup of the ipad using iTunes.  However, I would like a way to know if there is a way to back up the single app itself.   It's an iPad Air 2.  I believe it has iOS 9 on it.

Thanks for the help.
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The current update is 2.5 and I don't know why you wouldn't want it or (2.4.4 Beta)
I don't know how to save it but if you search the internet there's lots of websites that show you how to do it.
2016-1-12
Use props
countrysidegard
lvl.2

United States

Yea not sure why you would want to be geofenced to the MAX and bombarded with bugs. Just act like the rest of the ppl and do as dji asks please bahahaha.....
2016-1-12
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-13 05:31
The current update is 2.5 and I don't know why you wouldn't want it or (2.4.4 Beta)
I don't know how ...

> " I don't know why you wouldn't want it"

Hahahaha! - Are You Serious!!!!

NOBODY WANTS 2.5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..Now I'm sure you are an intelligent enough to figure out why!!!
2016-1-12
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

You may not be able to go back with iOS 9. Apple implemented app thinning which does not seem to keep physical copies on the computer.

If it does exist and you are using OS X the look for it in your home folder under Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications.

I did a complete backup to a different computer yesterday. All 99 apps were backed up, but the Mobile Applications folder was empty. The apps are "backed up" as pointers to the app store which only has the latest version of any app. There was no rolling back for me.
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-1-13 07:02
> " I don't know why you wouldn't want it"

Hahahaha! - Are You Serious!!!!

Looks like there's already tons of people who are on 2.5. Why Not?
2016-1-12
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-13 07:12
Looks like there's already tons of people who are on 2.5. Why Not?

Ken, Im Surprised that you are so Naive!..... Have you been living on Mars?
DJI Introduced 2.5 without giving users any indication of what was "Really" Lurking in it!!!

The people who are on 2.5 have got it "Accidentally" through Auto-update......, And Now THEY ALL Want to Roll Back to 2.4.3 !!!... (Hence the title of this, and many other Posts)

2.5 is Major screwing up the ability of end users to use their machines - Havant you been reading all the Forum Posts???

Look at this post:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-39534-1-1.html

And this one:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-39545-1-2.html

And HAVE YOU SEEN THIS GEM????...here DJI Have Pissed of a Company that use their fleet of quads to do Business!!:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-39588-1-1.html

These are JUST a few... There are Many, Many, Many other posts with the same issues!!!

2016-1-12
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-1-12 18:28
Ken, Im Surprised that you are so Naive!..... Have you been living on Mars?
DJI Introduced 2.5 w ...

You know the next standard response is:

Out of the many thousands of Phantoms that we sell every day, the people complaining here are only a tiny fraction.....
2016-1-12
Use props
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

Hi Ken,

I don't want to upgrade to 2.5 because I don't want any part of this Geo fencing.  I can understand these yellow zones encircled around cities with airports but take a look at my area.  There are several counties marked as yellow.  Looking at the map, at least 4-5 full counties. For what reason I do not know.  So for a person to have to request permission everytime they fly from their backyard just isn't an ideal solution. Quite frankly it takes the fun out the hobby.  I live approximately 50 minutes from the nearest airport.  Not sure what I'm gonna do at this point.  I'm enteraining the thought of just putting it on ebay and getting out of the hobby if DJI is gonna enforce this geofence thing.  For the couple months that I've own my P3P, I've never preplanned a flight.  I've just spontaneously got in the car and drove looking for places to film.
WI Map.png
2016-1-12
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

tpetersen97 Posted at 2016-1-13 08:02
Hi Ken,

I don't want to upgrade to 2.5 because I don't want any part of this Geo fencing.  I can un ...

I was planning to buy a couple of extra P3 batteries in Dec/Jan, but im not going to because I really don't know yet if ill be putting ALL my Kit (including a P3P and P2) up on ebay! - or return it for a refund under fair trading laws in Aus.
2016-1-12
Use props
rcdad2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7159 ft
United States

This one is going to be available in March. And it is 100% free of DJI's seriously flawed geofencing.

http://en.aee.com/Drone/Inform.aspx?id=10000093
2016-1-12
Use props
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-1-12 18:13
I was planning to buy a couple of extra P3 batteries in Dec/Jan, but im not going to because I real ...

You're in the same boat as me then.  This subject has really bothered my the last 2 days.  If you looked at my attachment, you'd see why I'm so concerned.  This yellow zone is huge.  This seemed like a once fantastic hobby.  I'm 44 years old.  I shouldn't have to ask permission to fly everyday.  I know where I should and should not be flying.  I will be closely watching over the coming days. Selling it all is certainly not out of the question.
2016-1-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

rcdad2@yahoo.co Posted at 2016-1-13 11:15
This one is going to be available in March. And it is 100% free of DJI's seriously flawed geofencing ...

Maybe, but it is seriously deficient in features compared to the Phantom. Only has a 1080p camera, uses WiFi control meaning quite limited range. And who says it will work as advertised when released, many proposed quads don't.
2016-1-12
Use props
rcdad2
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-13 08:49
Maybe, but it is seriously deficient in features compared to the Phantom. Only has a 1080p camera, ...

It's an AP10pro with a gimbal. I had the 10pro it works the same as the phantom 2. I bought the p3a but now with what is going on I'm not sure it was the right decision
2016-1-12
Use props
rcdad2
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-13 08:49
Maybe, but it is seriously deficient in features compared to the Phantom. Only has a 1080p camera, ...

It's an AP10pro with a gimbal. I had the 10pro it works the same as the phantom 2. I bought the p3a but now with what is going on I'm not sure it was the right decision
2016-1-12
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

All .

After searching around a bit, The closest I have come to backing-up 2.4.3 for iPad is via a Software tool called "iMazing"

It still does not extract the actual .ipa file itself, BUT makes a backup copy of the File, that CAN be restored by using the same Software tool.

I have made a Backup and stored it on my PC - which the tool names as "DJI GO 2.4.3.imazingapp" But I have not yet restored back to my iPad, because Im scared just in case something happens and deletes the currently working 2.4.3 app on my Ipad.

The link (and instructions) to the tool are here: http://support.digidna.net/hc/en ... e-Apps-and-App-Data

In the meanwhile i will keep searching to find how we can extract the .ipa fully.

2016-1-12
Use props
hqcariello
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6095121 ft
  • >>>
United States

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-1-13 00:51
All .

After searching around a bit, The closest I have come to backing-up 2.4.3 for iPad is via a  ...

Same here. iMazing saved the app for me.
2016-1-14
Use props
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

Was there a charge for this iMazing software?   I'm interested.  I have 2.4.3 on my Air 2.  Fortunately I had the auto update shut off.  But if for some reason I had to do a factory restore,  I'd like to have a backup image out there so I could restore it as it is now.   I have iOS 9.0.2 by the way.   Would like to know if this iMazing works for the IOS as well.
2016-1-14
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

tpetersen97 Posted at 2016-1-15 10:26
Was there a charge for this iMazing software?   I'm interested.  I have 2.4.3 on my Air 2.  Fortunat ...

Yes it works on IOS 9.x.

Yes the SW has a Timed trial, after which one will need to buy it. - But its not tooooo expensive around $35 i think.

Basically you download and install the Imazing SW on your PC/Laptop. Then connect your Ipad to the PC, via the lightning/USB cable, with the SW running. Imazing then "sees/reads" the apps on your Ipad and makes a backup.

(See the instructions in the links on my post above)

I have NOT Yet Restored (because i's scared of testing if my Ipad is already working) but as the developers of the sw say - it should work.
2016-1-14
Use props
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

^^  Thanks for the information.  I'm getting the software now.  I'm like you,  I won't restore unless I absolutely have to in fear that a test won't be successful.  It will be nice to have a little piece of mind in feeling that it will work though. I read up on it and it does seem to be perfect for the job.
2016-1-14
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

tpetersen97 Posted at 2016-1-15 12:52
^^  Thanks for the information.  I'm getting the software now.  I'm like you,  I won't restore unles ...

Yes - Just make a Back-up using the Free trial, and then Only pay for it, in the future,if you need to restore the backup.

In that way you will not have to part with any money right now.
2016-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules