Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-12
Use props
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

I would hope something will be done soon.  This geofencing thing isn't sitting to well with me.  If you look at my area, you'd see why.  It's one thing to have yellow around airports but they have a portion of my state zoned in yellow.  Probably 4 to 5 counties.  Much too inconvenient.  

WI Map.png
2016-1-12
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

2016-1-12
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Communication is a good thing...
He indicated he was tied up at CES, o.k, i get it but why did they not release this then? Likely because It would have killed them worse than it is now. They could have marketed the hell out of what all the right reasons were, how it works and so on, but they did not. There are hundreds if not thousands of Phantom users still trying to figure out why their Phantoms will not fly and have no idea why....This was a chicken $hit maneuver to release this without details and after the fact...Nonetheless, hopefully they get it sorted to a reasonable state soon.
I went from a couple of red dot airports to a virtual complete yellow blanket and no way in hell will i subscribe to calling in or asking for permission every time i want to fly. Not going to happen!
I was totally cool with Airports and Government buildings being protected and i do not expect to be able to fly around them or at least not with limitations, i get it..But damn, the whole area i live in is near yellow and i am in the country and now in an area where permission is required..No Go!
Fenced In.JPG
2016-1-12
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Davphys Posted at 2016-1-13 09:53
I think all of this will be addressed sooner rather than later. I have no doubt DJI heard everyone ...

Appreciate your sharing though DJI had better get someone of stature to chime in and soon!
2016-1-12
Use props
khendrix2
lvl.2

United States

So this isn't really a "Message from DJI Regarding Issues". It's a message from a user who had a conversation with Brendan this evening. Where is the REAL "Message from DJI Regarding Issues"? If Brendan has time to have individual conversations with users, why can't he post something more recent than before the sneaky 2.5 app update? This is absolutely unacceptable.
2016-1-12
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

Davphys Posted at 2016-1-13 09:53
I think all of this will be addressed sooner rather than later. I have no doubt DJI heard everyone ...

Davphys - Well done for taking the step and getting through to speak to Brendan!

I Sincerely hope that we see some comms coming from DJI and better Geofence implementation as I feel we all have a Vested Interest in ensuring that DJI DONT Stuff-up!   .... I for example have invested a lot of money in their current platform, and More Importantly I want them to be successful in the future because I think they have a GREAT product line-up that works really well right now, .. and that can only mean that future products will be Phenomenal!...  But with how Geofence is being currently being implemented, they are going about it the wrong way...,

I feel that a lot of us are NOT Against GeoFencing... I it makes the product, we love so much, safer and may help to alleviate the perceived "Bad Image" that Drones suffer from. Im sure that It will also appease the authorities (CAA, FAA etc..) and release the pressure that DJI may be under from them.

HOWEVER - There can be a BAD implementation or GOOD implementation of a GREAT thing... And currently I think GeoFence is being BADLY implemented by DJI, on a Great Idea and Fantastic Product Line-up!

I Sincerly hope Brandan helps to Quickly "Put Things Right"!
2016-1-12
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

2016-1-12
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

I have a feeling most of the HUGE yellow area's are for beta testers only and will be reduced and many of them maybe even removed before 1.7 goes public. Doubt that DJI is about to attempt suicide. Lack of communication I think.
2016-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules