Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote not charging correctly?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ryano305
lvl.1

United States

I got my P3A today and the remote was dead out of the box.  I plugged in my remote to charge it and the first white LED just continuosly flashed.  I thought they were supposed to flash up through the all four when it was charging.  Not sure what it means when only the first white LED only flashes constant
2016-1-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Be patient, out of the box the remote can take 6 hours to charge. When it begins only the first led flashes, that's normal.
2016-1-12
Use props
Ryano305
lvl.1

United States

Thanks Geebax.  I've read so much but couldn't find anything on that.  Any recommendations on what to do with the phantom right out of the box.  I know i have to charge the remote and batteries.  I guess I then need to update the firmwares?  Anything else?
2016-1-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Ryano305 Posted at 2016-1-13 13:08
Thanks Geebax.  I've read so much but couldn't find anything on that.  Any recommendations on what t ...

Well, most here would say not to upgrade anything at present with all the uncertainty going on regarding the geofencing trial. Upgrading can be a difficult process unless you do it properly anyway. If you do want to, follow the tutorials on it here. Many people end up thoroughly frustrated when an upgrade fails.

I would leave the aircraft as it is until you have a few flights under your belt before doing any upgrade. First thing I would suggest is making sure every connects properly, if you get an upgrade message, just ignore it for the time being. Once it is all connected, and you have the aircraft, remote and phone/tablet connected and working, try using the simulator to try out your flying skills. You have to have the aircraft powered on to use the simulator, but best to leave the props off.

Once you are happy you can fly it, take it outside in good weather conditions and perform the compass calibration routine. Again watch a tutorial about this. Then you are ready for your first short flight. Keep it short, don't go very high.

Just build up confidence from there. Good luck.
2016-1-12
Use props
Ryano305
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-12 21:39
Well, most here would say not to upgrade anything at present with all the uncertainty going on reg ...

Thanks for the help Geebax
2016-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules