1525 4 2016-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know if there is any plan to make something to provide external power to the Osmo?  Something that will allow us to just plug it into a wall outlet?  I'll take even a rumor!
2016-1-12
Use props
mhertenberger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 591650 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

This is one of the more serious omissions from the Osmo, specifically since the battery life is rather poor. Would love to find out more about a possibility to provide external power - many camera manufacturers provide a power cord with an adapter for the battery bay. Could work for the Osmo, too.
2016-1-13
Use props
mhertenberger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 591650 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

This is one of the more serious omissions from the Osmo, specifically since the battery life is rather poor. Would love to find out more about a possibility to provide external power - many camera manufacturers provide a power cord with an adapter for the battery bay. Could work for the Osmo, too.
2016-1-13
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not heard of it, but it is a GREAT idea. I always wanted to hook up the osmo to my PC or laptop and have it powered by USB.
2016-1-13
Use props
subsoniq
lvl.1

Norway

Combining a battery power cord that gives constant powersupply combined with a control over pan and tilt in timelapse mode will defenitely open up a whole new market segment for the osmo.

Giving the possibility to make 2 axis smooth (hopefully also ramped motion) movement when making long timelapses puts the Osmo in as a serious competitor to the timelapse 3 party motion manufacturers, and definitely worth alot more to serious film-makers as they dont have to bring a DSLR and a timelapse moving head for doing those shots anymore!
2016-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules