Shared videos/photos and the ethics of using them for your benefit ?
936 6 2016-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

A topic that might bring up some interesting thoughts about the shared content on this and other public areas. I remember a couple days ago one of the DJI guys.. maybe Tim showed us some examples of a wedding spread he did, very nice work.... and I have recently seen these pictures on a website advertising aerial photography services here in Florida (havent decided whether to publicly share the site yet) and was just wondering what you guys thought of this type of marketing "behavior"? I bring this up as a thought for those of us who would share our passion and with pride post some of our work and what might happen to it.......

At this juncture I would be flattered if someone wanted to imitate my work as their own, but some of you might not feel that way.

Thoughts?
2016-1-13
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would ask the owner before you use their work. At least mention the owner and give them some credit.
2016-1-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

this behavior is not appropriate,  of course i will not go to the court because of that, but most of the times just a simple credits to the author will make people feel much better.
Also there is no any good way to stop it... Watermark? don't like to spoil the photo with that stuff
2016-1-13
Use props
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-13 22:48
this behavior is not appropriate,  of course i will not go to the court because of that, but most of ...

Just thought I should let you know Tim....
2016-1-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Gootch Posted at 2016-1-14 12:31
Just thought I should let you know Tim....

Thanks! Do you have a link ?
2016-1-13
Use props
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-14 01:24
Thanks! Do you have a link ?

Give me your email address.... I don't see a PM button to message you.
2016-1-14
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Gootch Posted at 2016-1-14 20:38
Give me your email address.... I don't see a PM button to message you.

Sorry i'm not allowed to... could you just post it here? i'll delete the post as soon as see it
2016-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules