Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Error 27 Please help
3327 12 2016-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jnic
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi everybody Had a bad crash with my P2V+ had to change body shell everything has powered up but when I connect to PC  with Phantom Assistant 3.8 I get Error 27.  Did a full calibration and went outside and did compass calibration and everthing good with 8 satilitesand ready to fly but didnt as I want to get rid of this error 27 message, still get error 27 when connected to the Phantom assistant. Any advive would be grateful Thank you John
PS.  is it safe to fly if compass is good / enough satilites and ready to fly message again Thank you

2016-1-13
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Search it on the forum,
Usually a magnetic interference, you will likely have to degauss the compass and redo calibrations, fairly straight forward..15-20 min min with calibrations.
Keep the phantom away from source of electromagnetic interference!..
Do calibrations away from anything metal and magnetic
I personally would not risk flying it until cleared up.
2016-1-13
Use props
jnic
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Cheers getting mix message here, on one hand Im to keep the phantom away from strong magnetic field but to degauss the compass I need to use a magnet on the compass,    plus my compass is working other than the Error 27 in Phantom assistant. Thanks again if you can explain John
2016-1-13
Use props
jnic
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi I have tried the magnet trick and recalibration and the error is gone will tried tomorrow outside to see if compass and gps is all working but it will be the weekend before my first flight since the refit of new shell.Thanks to Northofthe49th
Thank you again John
2016-1-13
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

John,
Thanks,
Yes, i was on my phone typing that, a bit messed up for sure, apologies,
As a rule, once calibrated, keep the Phantom away from those kinds of interference as described, if it gets fubarred as yours did, a degauss may be required which sounds like it worked.
Happy flying
Just make sure your IMU and all that other good stuff checked out via the vision assistant before you lift off!
2016-1-13
Use props
jnic
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Looks like Im good to go but Im going to touch on something and maybe somebody has a solution. My gimbal/camera is not looking straight it has been like this since I bought it, its not that bad and footage is good but I was wondering is there a fix for this,  its not the tilt problem its the camera looking slightly left would appreciate any thoughts. Thank you John
2016-1-14
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Glad to hear all is working,
As for your camera being cockeyed...I have not seen that one yet, I am aware of the tilt or horizon being off a bit as mine has a bit of a tilt and can be fairly easily corrected, I just have not got around to it.
Did you buy your Phantom new?
Possibly when you crashed it you bent the gimbal...there are YouTube videos on repair and straightening....good luck.
2016-1-14
Use props
jnic
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I got it second hand and it was like new,  it was like that when I got it before my crash, search the internet but have found nothing on my problem was hoping somebody found a cure  but overall I can live with it. Thanks for your help and interest. Cheers John
2016-1-15
Use props
jnic
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Right I had my first flight today after my new shell refit but i took it very cautious as there is a couple of things that i need to look into before flying right. When I did compass calibration  it went solid green on my first turn and on my second turn it went into a slow green blink not the usual rapid green blink then to  green did this acouple of times same result.  I had 7 satilites and picture to my ipod took it up about head height and all controls were working but i notice the gimbal was titching slightly not much but titching sometimes left to right or up and down approx 1/8 of an inch. I also notice that I had no altitude or distance or speed then I notice battery level  was at 47% was was probably right but it never changed and there was no time at top to tell me approx battery life? after playing about with it it went into low battery warning and landed but was still 47% . Took off again and it went into low battery warning again and landed I changed battery and   again no altitude distance or speed so I called it a day came back and hooked up to pc and I see my compass readings was X= -30   Y= 543   Z=74 and Mod=754 this sitting on my floor as was my remote control are these right?  I would appreciate any input.
There is one thing I should tell you that during my shell refit I had to run a new cable to battery connection as a new ESC board connection came off the main board the only wrong thing i done there was I didnt use a shelded cable [coxial[ but Im going to change that
Yours John
2016-1-17
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

jnic@btinternet Posted at 2016-1-17 23:58
Right I had my first flight today after my new shell refit but i took it very cautious as there is a ...

I would say if you have not done so you will need to do a complete IMU Calibration etc. and at the very least should check it out...
Have a look at this tread; http://forum.dji.com/thread-9937-1-1.html
second post and look at Tools Screen - 6.png (sixth slide down), it shows good values and what i had on the day i took those snips from the Vision Assistant...The little question mark balloon when clicked while in the program will tell you what range you should be in and use the "check IMU" Status to let the program run a quick check, it will tell you if you need a basic or advanced calibration or none at all.

Make sure that whatever you do...Keep your phantom as far away from any metal/magnetic/marble/granite slabs etc. when doing this and checking this...I do my calibrations on a wooden kitchen table that is near perfect level as i could hope to get...and use a laptop and keep everything as far away as possible to avoid any possibility of interference.

Try the attached procedure to see if it clears the twitchy gimbal, i and many others have used it and it works wonderful if that is in fact the problem, my gimbal moved as if it had stuttering turrets (sorry if i offended anyone with that)..

Remote Calibration.gif
2016-1-17
Use props
jnic
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ok Ive done the remote calibration and it went ok but before it was only when I was outside flying I notice the titching,   at moment no titching the only thing I have since notice was using throttle stick 1 [left ] is when I move it to left gimbal turns slightly to left and when I move it right the gimbal turns slightly to the right is that normal because I cant remember how it acted before the crash?
As for the compass readings mine is different but within their tolerance as said before I do it on the floor but if I lift it higher [ off the floor ] the readings change and more to what Ive read on internet?
Again I have to thank you for help and interest in helping me,  John
2016-1-17
Use props
QUADFAN
New

Georgia

I have the same problem of what to do?
2017-3-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

QUADFAN Posted at 2017-3-31 05:09
I have the same problem of what to do?

Have you already tried the troubleshooting above? How long have you had this unit and when did this start occurring?
2017-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules