Phantom 3 advanced. Firmware refuses to install
1915 11 2016-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmx11523
lvl.1

United States

The firmware won't install but the drone does write a DCIM photo folder on the memory card.
Yes it's only the .Bin file.  I've formatted the card with the remote and the drone.  I've tried the last 3 versions of the firmware.
The current is 1.5 on the remote, 1.5 on the drone and 2.50 on the app.
Still says drone and battery need updated firmware.
I've tried 15 different memory cards. Slow and fast and every type of adapter to plug the micro sd into my computer.

Any suggestions.  I get no beeps just red lights blinking yellow on the other side.

2016-1-13
Use props
Cassey
New

United States

Good news, your 90% of the way there.  Just download the 1.6 firmware and the battery problem should be solved.  Did that this morning on my unit.  I'm pretty sure the "lights" referred to in other instructions is the little camera light.  I noticed it blinking red/green while my firmware updated and it was solid green when I went back and checked it.  The much larger lights were blinking yellow with a beep code I didn't understand, but when I launched the apps, it told me all was well.
2016-1-13
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

1) Power up RC, P3, and then open GO. Connect camera and the click upper left corner which is GENERAL SETTINGS. Scroll to the bottom and click ABOUT. You should see your current versions of installed software. What are they?
2) Along with the DCIM folder on you SD Card there will be a hidden folder called MISC on the card. Sploodge provides how to videos in his thread HERE if you don't know how to show hidden files and folders. See if there is a hidden MISC folder and if there is look in the LOG folder and the post your P3S_FW_LOG_AB.txt file.
3) While you're looking at the above thread, see if you're followed the details. Most problems result from overlooking just one step.
Let us know the results of you findings and we'll go from there...
2016-1-13
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Please confirm you've downloaded the right firmware : http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/P3S_FW_V01.06.0040.zip
If the upgrade keeps failing . please post the upgrade log in the HIDDEN FOLDER of the SD card here. The file name should be: P3_FW_LOG_AB.txt
To find the right file, please try to access the Hidden Folder of the SD card by this way:
For Windows: http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
For MAC: http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2016-1-13
Use props
dmx11523
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-14 02:28
Please confirm you've downloaded the right firmware : http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/P3S_F ...

Thank you everyone.  I'm going to try these tonight  and I'll report back soon / tomorrow.
2016-1-15
Use props
dmx11523
lvl.1

United States

dmx11523 Posted at 2016-1-15 20:43
Thank you everyone.  I'm going to try these tonight  and I'll report back soon / tomorrow.

I did confirm that it is the software you posted above.  Also downloaded it again to be 1000% sure.
The hidden file thing I"m working on now so I'll check that out.  (Mac)
2016-1-15
Use props
dmx11523
lvl.1

United States

dmx11523 Posted at 2016-1-15 20:48
I did confirm that it is the software you posted above.  Also downloaded it again to be 1000% sure ...

No files in "log" folder.  It's still taking an empty card with ONLY firmware on it and putting a  DCIM folder.
Nothing else.  Log is def empty.  I've seen the "failed" log before on my Inspire 1.  It's definitely not doing that.

Currently software version sits as follows.
App 2.5.1
Aircraft 1.5.30
RC 1.5.70
2016-1-15
Use props
dmx11523
lvl.1

United States

dmx11523 Posted at 2016-1-15 21:00
No files in "log" folder.  It's still taking an empty card with ONLY firmware on it and putting a  ...

Lights are 2 solid red and 2 blinking green.  Ipad screen says  safe to fly GPS and everything seems fine.  Just still warning about needing firmware upgrade.
2016-1-15
Use props
dmx11523
lvl.1

United States

dmx11523 Posted at 2016-1-15 21:01
Lights are 2 solid red and 2 blinking green.  Ipad screen says  safe to fly GPS and everything see ...

Nothing new, same action from this DJI $1300 junk.
I'm so fed up with these things.  It's nothing but hassles I swear.   It currently has blinking yellow on one side, solid red on the other.  
The only thing I can think left to do is try this all on a windows laptop, instead of my mac.

The drone still writes DCIM folder everytime, log folder is empty, no log .txt files.  Just blinking lights and no ability to update firmware.  If I reboot, take out memory card it'll be back to "ready" mode.

Don't even get the beep beep beep like it does usually when installing firmware.
2016-1-15
Use props
dmx11523
lvl.1

United States

dmx11523 Posted at 2016-1-15 21:41
Nothing new, same action from this DJI $1300 junk.
I'm so fed up with these things.  It's nothing  ...

DJi when you guys read this stuff in the forums over and over and over and over and over.  Why are you still selling this stuff?  I afraid to even try and install the firmware with my Inspire for fear it might not work and then I can't fly my drone for 6 months while I send it back into you.  How is it even legal for you guys to sell such half backed stuff like this?   Unfreaking believable
2016-1-15
Use props
davidlwoodall
lvl.2

United States

Just finished updating everything including batteries. Zero issues. Android to the RC, PC to microSD card on aircraft/batteries/gimbal.
2016-1-15
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

dmx11523 Posted at 2016-1-16 10:50
DJi when you guys read this stuff in the forums over and over and over and over and over.  Why are ...

You can reach the hidden file via the link I gave . If you still can't find it , please contact your dealer or US support center about this . Thank you !
2016-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules