Flight Sim
1081 3 2016-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ryano305
lvl.2

United States

I have a question about the flight simulator.  How do I use it?  Do I have to turn the phantom on while using it?  If so not sure why you would need to run both if you arent actually flying.  Can someone help me out with this question?  Just wondering how it all works because I want to get some sim flights in before I fly.
2016-1-13
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Take a look at video OR video for tips on using the DJI Phantom 3 Flight Simulator.

Flight simulators need to emulate the both the machine and the flight environment to provide an accurate simulation. DJI uses both our RC and the telemetry inside our Phantom to provide this emulation. So you do need to power everything on to use the simulator and while the simulator locks the motors, it's best to remove the props, just in case...

If you want something less accurate and standalone, then look to something like the Phoenix RC simulator which has the older DJI Phantom V1 model.
2016-1-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The new drone specific version from www.realflight.com looks interesting as well. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-1-13
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Hi . You'll need to start the RC and aircraft before you use the flight simulator .
2016-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules