Is there a way to change file names on images and pics?
9072 15 2016-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
topleader
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3127336 ft
United States

I love the videos and pics that my Phantom 3 Pro produces.
But is there a way to change the way it saves file names from DJI_0001.JPG to maybe a date/time stamp on the drone?
It would be much easier to find what I am looking for.

2016-1-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I think not, DJI follow the DCF File Name standard that every other camera manufacturer follows. It is not a very good system, but you can always rename your files yourself.
2016-1-13
Use props
topleader
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3127336 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-13 16:19
I think not, DJI follow the DCF File Name standard that every other camera manufacturer follows. It  ...

That is what I have had to do every time. Maybe on their next update.
2016-1-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

topleader Posted at 2016-1-14 10:48
That is what I have had to do every time. Maybe on their next update.

I doubt it will be changed, it is an industry standard, and every camera manufacturer follows it.
2016-1-13
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Many cameras adds time to the file name.
If DJI please do that we could save more than one flight in the same folder without all the !"#¤%&/ involved in manually changing file names
Not a big deal but still annoying.
2016-1-13
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

The ability to specify a prefix for the image number would be so nice for those people who have multiple Phantoms!
2016-1-13
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481988 ft
Australia

I am unsure about any other products, but i know that adobe products you can create a file prefix and apply it to a batch using any Geo data captured by the camera device at the time (not just Phantoms but any camera). This means you can rename all the files in the batch to include any of the Geo Data recorded via the Phantom

for Example, i rename all my edits DJI001(Original File Name)-LR EDIT-Altitude-Date

The above saves all my files with the altitude the picture was taken and the date, and the LR EDIT indicates that i have edited in LR for my own reference, I have this saved and use it for all my drone pictures.

Right click on your pictures and then go to the details Tab, there is all kinds of data captured by DJI Phantoms that you can use

I am talking from Windows PC here, cant speak for MAC users
2016-1-13
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Hi . You can only change the file name on PC . We still can't change the way it names files .
2016-1-13
Use props
kevindenkers
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118579 ft
United States

Is it possible to at least continue the numbering? I believe most cameras offer this. So that each time I clear the card it doesn't start with 0001 again.
2016-7-12
Use props
rreindl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

kevindenkers Posted at 2016-7-13 01:18
Is it possible to at least continue the numbering? I believe most cameras offer this. So that each t ...

I always just rename the file on the SD card to a previous number.
2016-7-12
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

kevindenkers Posted at 2016-7-13 03:18
Is it possible to at least continue the numbering? I believe most cameras offer this. So that each t ...

Yes it is.
The app settings give you the option to set File Index Mode to either continuous or reset.
2016-7-12
Use props
support
lvl.1

United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-7-12 17:53
Yes it is.
The app settings give you the option to set File Index Mode to either continuous or res ...

I can't find this.   Where is the option located?
2016-7-12
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

support@ncsofme Posted at 2016-7-13 09:21
I can't find this.   Where is the option located?

You have to have the Phantom connected to the app because the setting is stored in the Phantom.
Click on MENU above the screen shutter button .. click the wrench icon and it's down near the bottom .. File Index Mode  .. continuous or reset.
2016-7-12
Use props
kld53
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118579 ft
United States

Thanks labroides. That will be very helpful.
2016-7-14
Use props
ronald23
New

Bangladesh

you can try "KrojamSoft: BatchRenameFiles Tool". i've used it so many times for this familiar work..
2017-4-13
Use props
fansaaf77ff2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 483074 ft
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-7-12 15:40
You have to have the Phantom connected to the app because the setting is stored in the Phantom.
Click on MENU above the screen shutter button .. click the wrench icon and it's down near the bottom .. File Index Mode  .. continuous or reset.

Thanks that will be a great help
2017-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules