Flying in the Philippines
1679 5 2016-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djricaric
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted anything in the forums, but I needed some assistance!!

I'm going to the Philippines in February from the United States and was thinking about bringing the Quad.  I want to be able to show my family here what we've all been missing!  A few questions.  Will it be a pain going through Customs with a Quad? How about coming back? Is it legal to fly in the Philippines?  I've read the CAAP regs of what constitutes a Small or Large UAV, but I'm not a lawyer, so I wanted to hear some of your experiences...

Let me know, I need all of the help I can get!  THANK YOU!
2016-1-14
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

If the corrupt govt personnel (a lot of them, police, customs etc.airport/hotel/park/resort ...)  they will milk you dead with your dollars !  Proceed with extreme caution !
2016-1-14
Use props
myron
lvl.4

Philippines

http://forum.dji.com/thread-22474-1-1.html
2016-1-14
Use props
aLeXgIxMoRoCkOj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11699 ft
  • >>>
United States

i wrote them a letter jan 05, 2016 (CAAP) and a certain Capt Efren C Rocamora (Department Manager Regulatory Standards Department) replied (jan 18, 2016) GRANTING my request to bring my DJI Phantom 3 Professional 3 Drone weighing 1.28kg in the Philippines provided that the following provisions of the Philippines Civil Aviation Regulations is observed. I will put this letter inside my DJI hard case backpack in case they question it.  It's a 2 page letter Granting the operation of my personal drone with the attached provision (rules and regulations).

with this there is no way i will not be bringing my drone next month for my trip to the philippines especially in palawanan and vigan.

Write them a letter and they will surely reply to you (just give them time to reply).  I thought i will never get an answer but i did.

good luck
2016-1-22
Use props
djricaric
lvl.1

United States

aLeXgIxMoRoCkOj Posted at 2016-1-22 21:07
i wrote them a letter jan 05, 2016 (CAAP) and a certain Capt Efren C Rocamora (Department Manager Re ...

Thanks so much, my man!

You think you can PM me? I got a couple things to ask you about and didn't want to bother everyone else with it.......

Thanks man! Hope this helps lol
2016-2-1
Use props
djricaric
lvl.1

United States

I'm drafting a letter now, but the CAAP website is under maintenance and has been "under maintenance" for almost a week now.... that's sketchy.

Anywho, in addition to the weight of the P3P and that I will be using it for recreational purposes, is there anything else I should include?  This is weird because I've never done it! All the help I can get would be great! Thanks everyone!
2016-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules