4944 32 2016-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Join the DJI Osmo beta project!
HK8A0958.jpg
DJI is looking for 200 Osmo owners to help us test a new firmware update and more. In this beta project, you will get to use our unreleased firmware and help improve it through your feedback.
If you choose to participate, you will get to:
•    Test our latest feature/firmware;
•     Interact withour developers by reporting bugs, suggesting new features, completing journals, and discussing in beta forums.
•    Participate in fun and rewarding assignments.
As a token of appreciation for you rtime and thoughtful participation, you will be rewarded with DJI Credits which can be used for purchases on the official DJI Online Store.
If you’re interested, please visit [url=]dji.centercode.com/signup[/url] to register and apply for the new opportunity.
We look forward to seeing you!

Regards,
DJI Beta Team

2016-1-15
Use props
patrickem
lvl.2

United States

You really expect people to send you copies of their passport to sign up for this program? I don't think so.
2016-1-15
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I'd like to join beta testing, but as Patrickem writes, why should we send in copies of our passport(!)? Sending private data without knowing how it will be used, stored and who have access to it?
2016-1-17
Use props
john_willetts.h
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Don't be  paranoid, Anyhow, as so few Americans hold passports, it might help sort the wheat from the chaff.
2016-1-17
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

More info please.
How many credits and how are they awarded?
Do you supply an osmo for testing?
If we are to use our own osmo and it is bricked by your beta software will you replace it immediately?

(otherwise it looks like another "crowdfunding plan" where we pay for your development. )

Rod and the cat
2016-1-17
Use props
trip3980
lvl.2

United States

patrickem Posted at 2016-1-15 18:43
You really expect people to send you copies of their passport to sign up for this program? I don't t ...

Oh good lord.  Really DJI.  Your not winning a popularity contest by doing that.  
2016-1-17
Use props
trip3980
lvl.2

United States

john_willetts.h Posted at 2016-1-17 09:18
Don't be  paranoid, Anyhow, as so few Americans hold passports, it might help sort the wheat from th ...

I am shaking my head at this statement.  Seriously.  
2016-1-17
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

Firstly I think its great that DJI is taking this initiative to improve the quality of the firmware.

However, considering the fact that you could have bricked your Osmo on officially released firmware, I'm wondering what are the odds on beta firmware.

Out of curiousity, what happens if you brick the Osmos on the beta firmware? Does DJI pick up the tab to ship it back to China for RMA?
2016-1-17
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

sdchew Posted at 2016-1-18 12:08
Firstly I think its great that DJI is taking this initiative to improve the quality of the firmware. ...

That is not suppose to happen, but if  beta FW will brick your osmo DJI will provide you a solution.  
2016-1-17
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-18 12:30
That is not suppose to happen, but if  beta FW will brick your osmo DJI will provide you a solutio ...

Thanks Tim for the assurance. One last question; will it be possible to switch between the released and beta firmware (e.g. switch back to the official firmware if I need to film something important?)
2016-1-17
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

sdchew Posted at 2016-1-18 13:05
Thanks Tim for the assurance. One last question; will it be possible to switch between the release ...

I believe you can, however please doublecheck with the guys at beta@dji.com
2016-1-17
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

john_willetts.h Posted at 2016-1-17 18:18
Don't be  paranoid, Anyhow, as so few Americans hold passports, it might help sort the wheat from th ...

Paranoid? No, cautious. Just thinking about the legality of a commercial company (not police, Homeland Security or the equivalent), asking for a COPY of a passport. Then handling it in an unknown way. DJI also asked about credit card information regarding the Geofence on a web page.

Maybe this is common procedure in China, but it certainly is not in northern Europe. Even the police don't have the right to demand a person show ID in a public place, unless you are suspected of a crime.

I'd like to help with beta testing, I've bought DJI products for several years and own DJI 450, 550, Naza, S900 A2, Inspire 1 X3, X5, Osmo and several other brands of multirotors and FC's. But handling over sensitive information to another country, without knowing how this data will be used or stored... No...
2016-1-17
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

sdchew Posted at 2016-1-18 13:05
Thanks Tim for the assurance. One last question; will it be possible to switch between the release ...

Yes you can sir.
2016-1-17
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-1-18 06:07
More info please.
How many credits and how are they awarded?
Do you supply an osmo for testing?

The amount of credit is rely on the confirmed bugs the testers reported, and the valid reports they submitted.
We do not supply the free trial for OSMO.
And yes if the testers' unit was bricked because of the beta fw we will urgently address it.
2016-1-18
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

Ya, you lose me asking for a copy of my passport.  I'll show you a copy of my receipt of purchase but that's it.
2016-1-18
Use props
J C D
lvl.2

Netherlands

Haha i'm allready in this BETA process since day one i bought this thing. I asked for two things, where now only the Inverted Up/Down buttom is my last wish... more i don't need. And almost bricked my Osmo with a firmware if i was really quick with updating the firmware.

But i haven't forgotten that free battery DJI gave away (christmas deal) a month or so later, really you have a strange way thanking your first early adopters!
2016-1-18
Use props
ricardoghion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

our never come most stolen !!
2016-1-18
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

@Tim

Is it not enough for DJI to get a proof of purchase, telephone numer, address etc. in order to join the beta? That is enough information for DJI. DJI then knows I own the product, and they can look up my adress, phone number etc. so they know I'm "real". You can't expect people giving DJI personal sensitive information that is not needed.

Since all new firmware releases have had problems, all over your product line, giving access to betas for testing is a good initiative of DJI. But DJI must give support if something goes wrong (as with the first Osmo firmware).

I'll be glad to help, but not until DJI changes the requirements for joining the beta.
2016-1-18
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Email sent {:3_52:}
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Rob W Posted at 2016-1-19 15:40
@Tim

Is it not enough for DJI to get a proof of purchase, telephone numer, address etc. in order to ...

I know! It's kind of overdone at this point...
2016-1-19
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-20 04:01
I know! It's kind of overdone at this point...

Can't agree more Well, just PM me or something if you'd like my help. DJI need to change their approach when it comes to ask for registration of passports and credit card information and storing it. I doubt it is legal. Can you bring it up with DJI?
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Rob W Posted at 2016-1-20 14:17
Can't agree more  Well, just PM me or something if you'd like my help. DJI need to change their  ...

Done! DJI listened to users ideas and  requirements.  Now it's not obligatory to fill your passport information for OSMO Beta testing!  
2016-1-19
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-20 07:32
Done! DJI listened to users ideas and  requirements.  Now it's not obligatory to fill your passpor ...

Great Tim! I'll get on board
2016-1-19
Use props
MsNikita
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Oh.. Sounds very interesting.
I'll come on-board. It'll be nice to do some software testing that's not of the games nature.
2016-1-20
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Applied. Waiting for response from DJI.
2016-1-20
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

Same here!
2016-1-20
Use props
frypan
lvl.3
Australia

What is the value of one DJI credit?
2016-1-22
Use props
MsNikita
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Is there a beta forum for testers? Some place we can discuss things etc?

Cheers
2016-1-23
Use props
BKKSingles
lvl.2
Thailand

@ DJI TIM
How many credits will be given? Can you tell us the levels of credits given, min amount? max amount? or a general idea?
Also if the beta testing bricks my osmo how quickly will DJI send me a new one or will they expect me to send my OSMO at my expense to China? How long for me to get the OSMO back in working order. We all know about the poor customer service due to past experience. So please answer these questions and then I can decide if I would like to join.
2016-1-29
Use props
hubert.szwaj
lvl.1

Poland

It seems the link for beta on top of page is wrong. Name of link is ok, but click direct me to forum main page. A moment ago received correct one on email: http://dji.centercode.com/signup
2016-2-1
Use props
ianthapo
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Is this still available? I want to join. This link (http://dji.centercode.com/signup) does not work.
2016-9-30
Use props
Moshe.mmm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-20 09:32
Done! DJI listened to users ideas and  requirements.  Now it's not obligatory to fill your passpor ...

Friend, is this new firmware endorse audio monitoring in real-time?
This feature was one of the most essential feature requests since day one of the product..
2016-9-30
Use props
versapak
lvl.2

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2016-9-30 20:47
Friend, is this new firmware endorse audio monitoring in real-time?
This feature was one of the m ...

For the record... This thread is 8 months old. Probably safe to say it is no longer valid.
2016-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules