Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Para Settings
20576 11 2016-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi Everyone!
Today, I will talkabout Gimbal settings in the DJI Go app.
Listed below are some common gimbal problems users may experience:
1.     The gimbal isn’t level.
2.     The gimbal moves with the aircraft (the gimbal tilts when the aircraft tilts)
3.      Users can’t control gimbal pitch (they can’t move the gimbal up or down)
4.     Users can’t find information about gimbal settings.
The purpose of this post is to solve these issues put all gimbal settings information in a comprehensive post.

1. Followand FPV Modes
The first choice you’re presented with in Gimbal Para Settings is the choice between Follow and FPV modes.
1.png
These two settings determine what happens to the gimbal when inputting a roll command from the RC.
If set to FPV mode and roll command is initiated, the gimbal will stay in place.
If set to follow mode, the gimbal will move according to the rollcommand. The gimbal will move right if you roll right, and left if you roll left.
Below is the definition of “roll” given by the manual:
2.png

Left and right pitch is another way of saying roll.
2. Gimbal Forward/Down
The option allows you to quickly move your gimbal to face forward at 90° or straight down at 180°.
3.png
You can execute this command inthe app by pressing the setting here, but I recommend assigning it to the C1 or C2 hotkey under “RC settings.”
For more info on C1 and C2, check out this thread:
This function can be used for convenience, or to get some super cool shots!
3. Adjusting Gimbal Roll
4.png

Gimbal roll adjusts the resting position of the gimbal on the roll (left-right) axis. It can be adjusted to as low as -10, illustrated below.
   5.jpg
Conversely, the Roll-shaft of gimbal can be adjusted as high as +10.
6.jpg
If your gimbal isn’t level even after auto calibration, try adjusting the roll manually to fix it.
4. Gimbal Auto Calibration
Please perform Gimbal Calibration it if the gimbal isn’t level.
7.png 8.png
5. Gimbal Advanced Settings
9.png
These are the default settings.
10.png
Let’s take a look at these settings one by one.
5.1. Gimbal Pitch EXP
11.png
This setting is similar to another setting you may be familiar with called Gimbal Wheel Speed setting under RC settings, and wondering what the difference is between the two.
Wheel EXP controls the movement more finely than wheel speed. The two can be used in conjunction to get the feel you want.

5.2. Gimbal Pitch Limit
Switching on Gimbal Pitch limit will allow you to move the gimbal upwards to a maximum of 30 degrees.
When it’s switched off, you won’t be able to move past the blue dot on the gimbal position indicator in the UI, as indicated below.
12.png
Switching it on will allow you to move above that point and all the way up to the top of the scale.
13.png
The disadvantage of this is that you’ll certainly see the propellers in the shot, so only do this if you desperately need to capture something don’t care about revealing your props!

5.3. Gimbal Pitch Smooth
Gimbal smooth controls the sensitivity of the gimbal wheel. If it’s set to 30, the gimbal will move painfully slow, and if it’s set to 0 it will be crazy fast. We recommend setting it between 5 and 10.
4. Gimbal Yaw Synchronous follow
From my own experience, this setting doesn’t do all that much.

Its purpose is to make follow mode work more smoothly. So unless you’re looking for something in between FPV and Follow mode in your footage, I recommend turning it off.

You can always reset these parameters by pressing “reset settings" at the bottom of the menu.   

Thanks for reading guys! Share your own gimbal setting tips in the comments.

14.png
2016-1-15
Use props
dengaiser
lvl.1

United States

thanks for the great in depth explanation of the gimbal settings
I have two P3A quads. I am still amazed at the technology these machines have
I have copied and pasted your info to word and saved for future reference
2016-1-18
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

thanks , really useful
2016-1-18
Use props
mrginhop
lvl.1

United States

Thiis is a big help. Now I see why all my photos were tilted. Somehow gimbal roll was at 2.4. Thanks for "straightening " things out for me!
2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

I'm glad it helps!
2016-1-18
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 597677 ft
United Kingdom

I can't see the option Camera Forward/Down in the Gimbal Param Settings to be able to set C1 to do this.

Am I looking in the wrong place? I have updated to the latest RC firmware for the Inspire Pro
2016-1-19
Use props
Rob_stal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

Thanks Tim
2016-1-19
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Tim, I really appreciate these type of  tutorials.  They are a lot more informative and useful. Please continue with the good work.

Cheers- Donnie
2016-1-21
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Donnie Posted at 2016-1-22 05:45
Tim, I really appreciate these type of  tutorials.  They are a lot more informative and useful. Pl ...

Thanks for your support, Donnie!
2016-1-21
Use props
gtokarsk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Will definitely keep this post handy. Do you guys have a good thread or even better, a tutorial, on expo and other settings to deal with making the operation of the drone smoother?
I am sure many of us appreciate greatly you pulling all that info into one place! We need more such posts on various options and features!
GT
2016-5-13
Use props
Californian
New

Indonesia

Thanks for the tutorial, it helps newbies like me.
2016-7-8
Use props
Californian
New

Hong Kong

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-5-14 03:38
Will definitely keep this post handy. Do you guys have a good thread or even better, a tutorial, on  ...

Hi, check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G6m2K_QpCo
2016-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules