Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Losing video in cold weather
1041 7 2016-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Colin0911
lvl.1
Flight distance : 631906 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have S900 with Zenmuse GH4 setup - just wanted to know if anyone losing video signal in cold weather - still have telemetry.
Any ideas please?
2016-1-15
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
United States

I have 11 s900/s1000+ setup and never experienced this.  I am not using Lightbridge but you still shouldn't be experiencing this problem.  Check your connections to make sure its not lose.  Also check your hdmi cable, those are very easy to break.   I shoot in montreal and other places all the time in weather where its -40c and never have a problem.  

2016-1-15
Use props
ducpeter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

-40 °C your radio and FC will not work! its a long time ago -40 in Montreal

Z15GH4 with LB t's an typical problem  about 3-4 °C , from 10 Zenmusen 6 will have this problem, its already known at DJI support  europe,
my systems where changed last winter 2014/15 with different hdmi boards

with the AV- signal there is no problem

first 1-2 minutes everything looks okay and than starts pixaleted
2016-1-15
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
United States

ducpeter Posted at 2016-1-16 05:07
-40 °C your radio and FC will not work! its a long time ago -40 in Montreal

Z15GH4 with LB t's  ...

I can guarantee you that I have never had problems with any of my units in -40.   The only problem that I have is the battery time because of the cold but that, I have gotten around by insulating the battery and also adding a heating pad to keep battery temperature normal.   

This year obviously the temperature here in Montreal has not gotten down that low (a great thing) but last year was pretty bad and I had no problems flying or any problems with my camera.   As I mentioned I do not use Lightbridge and to be honest I have seen plenty of people complaining about it.

2016-1-15
Use props
Colin0911
lvl.1
Flight distance : 631906 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-1-15 15:57
I have 11 s900/s1000+ setup and never experienced this.  I am not using Lightbridge but you still sh ...

Thanks Flaviomjr - but its now not working at all - warm or cold. Is is easy to change HDMI?AV cable?
2016-1-18
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

Colin0911 Posted at 2016-1-18 19:59
Thanks Flaviomjr - but its now not working at all - warm or cold. Is is easy to change HDMI?AV cab ...

well before you decide to change the hdmi cable, have you tested to make sure that video is working when in warm weather?  Or possibly test it in your house (obviously without taking off) to ensure its related to temperature?    Also, how are you setup?  Are you using Lightbridge or are you connected directly from zenmuse gh4 to IOSD and then to a wireless tx?  The first thing I would do is check all your connections and the HDMI / AV output switch on the Zenmuse gimbal.   Remember that if you are you using Lightbridge that switch should be on the HDMI output side if not using Lightbridge it should be set to AV output.

Check those things first and test it.

Let me know
2016-1-19
Use props
UAVMonkey
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have repaired about 3 gh4 gimbal that fail with the cold (below 10'c). it is a fault with the AV board. Swap it out or if in warranty get DJI to repair it.  
2016-1-25
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

Colin0911 Posted at 2016-1-18 06:59
Thanks Flaviomjr - but its now not working at all - warm or cold. Is is easy to change HDMI?AV cab ...

Colin sorry for taking a while to respond.  Have you taken care of this issue?   I was out of the country on a shoot and didn't have a chance to get online much.   As UAV monkey said below, there are quite a bit of people having this issue.   If your gimbal is still under warranty, you should contact DJI support or the dealer you got it from to get the faulty HDMI board changed.   This is a known problem and according to some sources DJI is aware of it and their R&D department has come up with a board that will stand the cold weather better.   

If you are not under warranty I would still contact dji and see if they will replace it because this is a problem with the part and not something you did wrong.   Worse case scenario you will have to pay for them to do it or buy the board and do it yourself if you are comfortable.

2016-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules