App crashes every time I open it (iOS 9.2)
1531 26 2016-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CmanG11
New

United States

As stated, the app crashes every time I open it. After a few seconds, it just decideds to crash. I have iOS 9.2 and an iPhone 5s. Any help on how to fix would be great!
Thanks
2016-1-15
Use props
plutoguerra
lvl.1

United States

Same happens to me with iphone 6s plus 9.2 I couldn't fly today
2016-1-15
Use props
plutoguerra
lvl.1

United States

It started crashing with new update today, i unistall and install app and no luck
2016-1-15
Use props
norvinonline
lvl.1

Singapore

me 2 on my iPhone 6s, iPad Pro & iPad Mini 2
2016-1-15
Use props
alexrobinsontv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4551946 ft
Canada

I just started a thread about this as well. Crashes on my iPad 3 mini, iPhone 5s, and iPhone 5c.
2016-1-15
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

Well me to and I'm mad as hell right now as I just am getting my Inspire back from a crash with a payment of 727.00.
So I updated to 2.5.1 and now it runs and stops like 2.5.0 did. I tried to fix it as I was told by the other guys last time
And that doesn't seem to work on this version. You used to start 2.5.0 then go in and sync your flight records. Then
Delete the app and reinstall it. Then re sync your flight records and that fixed it. Now it doesn't seem to work.
TIM, HELP PLEASE SO I CAN FLY MY NEWLY REPAIRED INSPIRE 1 AGAIN. Does it have anything to do with the server?
Some one must know by now how to go about fixing it.
2016-1-15
Use props
alexrobinsontv
lvl.2
Canada

jlivingston6@ve Posted at 2016-1-16 13:41
Well me to and I'm mad as hell right now as I just am getting my Inspire back from a crash with a pa ...

I feel your anger, I've had to cancel a paid job tomorrow with a brand new client because of this issue.
2016-1-15
Use props
marceloZINI
lvl.1

Argentina

Me same probllem
2016-1-15
Use props
eldreds
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81545 ft
Australia

Ipad Mini 2 and IPhone 6, same problem.
2016-1-15
Use props
waycrestpropert
New

United States

I am having the same problem with my iPhone 6. I did the upgrade and now the app crashes about 20 seconds after I open it. I am not running any other apps while trying to use it. I have deleted the app and shut down the phone then reinstalled and it still crashes. I am grounded until it is resolved. Very disappointing.
I had no problems with the previous version.
2016-1-15
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
United States

Did any of you tried what I posted above? It might work for you. It's not for me this time.
Right now I know you are all upset, however they will make it right. When? If we can get TIM
Working on it maybe very soon. It's the week end to and that does not help as I don't
Think they will be at the phones over the week end.
2016-1-15
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
United States

Oh, by the way I have an Inspire 1 and am running an iPad Air 2. As I said, my UAV is on its way back
From being repaired and I was very happy. It took them 2 1/2 months to do it before and only one week
This time. It cost me only 200 last time and 727.00 this time. So more work less time getting it back.
NOW THIS AGAIN. Sometimes you just can't win!!!!!!
2016-1-15
Use props
alexrobinsontv
lvl.2
Canada

jlivingston6@ve Posted at 2016-1-16 14:01
Did any of you tried what I posted above? It might work for you. It's not for me this time.
Right no ...

The app crashes before I can get in to resync
2016-1-15
Use props
eldreds
lvl.2
Australia

alexrobinsontv Posted at 2016-1-16 14:04
The app crashes before I can get in to resync

Likewise and my Android device isn't compatible either...bumma!
2016-1-15
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
United States

OK, for now we wait.
2016-1-15
Use props
eldreds
lvl.2
Australia

But not it seems for long....

As I posted in one of the other crash threads:

Mysteriously 2.5.1 is now functioning and I am able to sync my flight records, both on my iPad and iPhone. Was something going on between the app and DJI server? I've just completed a quick 5 minute flight and the app has held up.  I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I don't believe in coincidence......
2016-1-15
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
United States

I really do not understand the server thing. If you're in the field it is not connected to the server.
So maybe someone from DJI can explain how the GO App works with the DJI server.
2016-1-16
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

It's exhausting to always have trouble with new apps, new firmware and wait and wait and wait before we are safe to fly and accomplish the contract we have to do.
I dont understand the DJI operation company model. Why not just keep it simple and promote a new app or firmware when totally 100% safe for the users ?
2016-1-16
Use props
outsight1965
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54268 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Only solution presently but not logical is , when u turn on your ipad and at home screen , before starting the app do a soft restart by pressing power button for a while till the slider shows and the leave the power button and keep pressed the home button till the screen reappears and start the App . this will not let the app crash unless you power on the ipad again . keep it on till u fly . Do this ritual every time u need to connect once u turn off the IPad .  
2016-1-16
Use props
outsight1965
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54268 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

VERY ILLOGICAL i must say . but no one listen at DJI , they keep on loading app with loads and the basic thing of this app working nobody is correcting .
2016-1-16
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was having exactly the same problem - the new DJI GO app version 2.5.1 was crashing to iPad desktop 10-20 seconds after starting the app.  Deleting the app (and all its data) and reinstalling it did not fix this problem. I then followed recommendations from DJI-Ken to uninstall app, power cycle the iPad and reinstall app from the app store. Tried this three times but app crashed every time I attempted to get in to flight records, which were blank, and enter my DJI login and password - the app would crash before I could finish entering my login password.  Note - at this point the iPad is not connected to the RC and my P3 Pro is turned off.

Here's what I did to get past FIRST app crash issue.  Some of these steps may not be necessary, but I report what worked for me:
1) Uninstall DJI GO app
2) Hard reset the iPad by turning screen on and then holding down the Power button and the home button at the bottom of the iPad screen simultaneously until the screen goes blank and the Apple icon appears. Note: The iPad will take longer than usual to reboot.
3) Reinstall DJI GO app from the appstore
4) Get into DJI GO app and go to Flight Records where you will be asked to input your DJI Login and password.  DO THIS QUICKLY. The app crashed the first time, but I was successful the second time.
5) Once I successfully entered my DJI login and password, I was able to sync all my previously saved Flight Records from the DJI server and the app did not crash for 20 minutes while I was reviewing flight records.
6) My educated guess is that the first app crashing problem is related to difficulties with initially connecting to the DJI server.

HOWEVER, as soon as I tried to get into camera mode, there were two new problems - the app came up showing I was attempting to connect to a "Phantom 3 Standard", which was incorrect, and when I tried to select "Phantom 3 Professional" from the drop down menu - the app froze and then crashed to the iPad desktop. Damn! Not again!

OK - Here's what I did to get past this SECOND app crashing problem and get my system fully functional:

1) I updated P3 Pro firmware from v1.5.0030 to the latest v1.6.0040 firmware.  I  was hoping to avoid this, but gave up and did it thinking this might solve the problem.  If you don't want to upgrade your firmware, you might try steps 2-8 FIRST to see if that solves your app crashing problem when trying to enter camera mode.  If not, then install the latest firmware on your aircraft and all batteries, as I did, and then try steps 2-8, below, again.
2) You must follow the next 4 steps in EXACTLY the order shown as instructed in the DJI GO app "How to Connect" instructions the FIRST time you attempt to connect to your aircraft:
    3) With iPad NOT connected to the Remote Controller, turn ON the Remote Controller.
    4) Next, turn ON your aircraft battery and wait for the green status light on the Remote Controller - this indicates the Remote Controller is linked to the aircraft.
    5) Only then should you connect the USB lightning cable between the Remote Controller and the aircraft (a P3 Pro in my case).
    6) Start the DJI GO app. A few seconds after the "2016 I Will" intro screen pops up the app should come up with a picture of the aircraft that is now connected to the remote controller - in my case, it correctly showed I was connected to my Phantom 3 Pro.  Yeah!

7) Enter Camera mode and ensure you can see live video from the aircraft camera.
8) Be sure to check and change as needed the following settings, which may have gotten reset to defaults:
   - Units of Measurement (feet or meters) under General Settings   
   - Return-to-Home Altitude under MC Settings, then Advanced Settings, then Failsafe Mode
   - Maximum Flight Altitude (in meters) under MC Settings

NOTE - NO MORE APP CRASHES HAVE OCCURRED SINCE SUCCESSFULLY LINKING TO MY AIRCRAFT THE FIRST TIME.

If you have updated your firmware, I also recommend that you perform an IMU Calibration with a cold aircraft sitting on a perfectly level surface, and then do an Auto Gimbal Calibration.

Finally, I can now connect my iPad to the Remote Controller before powering ON the Remote controller and then the P3 Pro and everything still works fine.  I think, for some reason, it is CRITICAL to follow the exact power on/connect sequence shown in the instructions - at least the FIRST time after a new version of DJI GO is installed.

HOPE THIS HELPS OTHERS HAVING APP CRASHING PROBLEMS WITH DJI GO VERSION 2.5.1!
2016-1-16
Use props
eldreds
lvl.2
Australia

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2016-1-17 06:45
I was having exactly the same problem - the new DJI GO app version 2.5.1 was crashing to iPad deskto ...

The following is exactly the situation. It crashed every time (quite a number of times) I tried to log in, then mysteriously it allowed it. However, in my case 'doing it quickly' had nothing to do with it, as I didn't log in straight away on the app run that was successful.

Quote:

>5) Once I successfully entered my DJI login and password, I was able to sync all my previously saved Flight Records from the DJI server and the app did not crash for 20 minutes while I was reviewing flight records.
>6) My educated guess is that the first app crashing problem is related to difficulties with initially connecting to the DJI server.
2016-1-16
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
United States

OK, I've gone through this fault in the GO App twice now. Someone on the board told me how to fix it the first time.
The same fix didn't work the second time. So I and others waited a little bit and all of a sudden it started working.
I was told the DJI Server was down and that's why the GO App was stopping by itself after a little bit. OK I understand
That part. What about when you're out in the field. You're not hooked up to WI-FI. So the GO App has to have two
Modes of operation. If you update the GO App and it stops working after a couple of seconds then you know the
Problem should be with the DJI Server and not your equipment. Once you connect to your UAV then the GO App
Should run fine. You should set your IMU, calibrate your transmitter sticks and check all your settings after every
Update just to be safe. Remember, you're flying a 3,000 UAV. You can't pull over in mid air and fix something. It must
Pre flight prior to taking off. I have more problems with the GO App on an install then any other updating.

I wish DJI would explain the duality of the GO App. Connected to the UAV and not connected to the UAV. TIM you
Might like to explain this app. It would help us all out a little bit.
2016-1-16
Use props
swedish_viking6
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi there, my first post in this forum regarding my DJI Inspire 1.
Owned the Inspire since March last year and everything has really worked perfectly until last released update 2015-12-22
Runned and worked fine together with ie Google Nexus9, iPad Air(wifi&cell), iPhone 6 and at the moment iPad Air 2 (wifi&cell)

3 days ago, updated both aircraft,rc and App, then following happened:

Can´t get into Camera mode in App, nada happens when tapping Equipment icon in App
Before when connecting the USB-cable, had to confirm/agree on iPad or other devices and up and running few seconds later.

Tried to change USB-lightning cable, no luck. Also done some procedures/tips/hints a couple of times as  which I read on the forum.
Green light on RC and aircraft, OK RF-communication since I tried motors idling (indoor)

Any idea would be very appreciated!! (sorry for my bad english but hope it´s readable)

-----------------------------------------------------
From my Sd-card after update

Delete history success.

Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:08 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.06.00.40.bin
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2016.01.18 21:51:38 =====================
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.06.00.40.bin
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

swedish_viking6 Posted at 2016-1-20 07:44
Hi there, my first post in this forum regarding my DJI Inspire 1.
Owned the Inspire since March la ...

Have you tried to reset the RC ?
2016-1-19
Use props
swedish_viking6
lvl.1

Sweden

Yes,
tried by press/hold C1/C2 buttons and then off+on (simultaneously all buttons) a couple of times.

Maybe something with USB-port but once again, never had any kind of problems with updating or other kind of situations.

This is my first post at the forum beacause never had the need to dig into potential problems
My Inspire 1 has been running ABSOLUTELY PERFECT till now, no problems what so ever with both iOS and Android devices.
Nothing negative to say at all, very impressed of the DJI Inspire1

I've now spent another day with my problems and started all overklig again from square A.

2016-1-19
Use props
swedish_viking6
lvl.1

Sweden

For some reasons, I've now started to suspect a faulty USB port in RC since IT doesn't matter if an Android or iOS device is connected.
Camera mode refuse to appear in App and also can't verify FW-version in RC. Have re-linked RC with the Inspire a couple of times and are able to fly anyway without a tablet/phone.

Can I be the only one having trouble with USB-port after updating to newest FW?

Please, fire away with thoughts and tips. I'm not a kind of superuser of drones, still at hobby-stage so everything would by appriciated.

Thanks in advance.
2016-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules