3597 11 2014-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andrew
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1088442 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

Looking for ideas on a little problem I am having with the Ronin.  I have a GH4 on it and it appears to be functioning correctly in stabaliztion terms, however there is clearly some minute vibrations that are effecting the recorded image on the GH4.  vertical lines appear jagged.  

Any thoughts and ideas on this would be appreciated!

Many Thanks

2014-9-25
Use props
jef
New

Canada

Hi Andrew, did you figure it out?  I just got the Ronin and mine makes a constant subtle whirring sound (not the obscene grinding some users have posted due to the stiffness being too high) that I can feel vibrating the system.  It continues even if I hit the motor kill button and watch the motors relax.  It begins right when I power the unit on. Other users are saying theirs are silent but mine is definitely not.   It seems to be loudest near the battery pack, and at first I thought it was just the operating sound of the unit.

It's perfectly balanced and all screws etc are tight.  It's the GH4 on there with the latest firmware on the Ronin.  Let me know what you discovered!
2014-9-27
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

China

jef@jefgibbons. Posted at 2014-9-28 01:06
Hi Andrew, did you figure it out?  I just got the Ronin and mine makes a constant subtle whirring so ...

Could you give more detail that after the motor is killed still have whirring sound?
2014-9-28
Use props
jef
New

Canada

DJI-Julain Posted at 2014-9-29 11:30
Could you give more detail that after the motor is killed still have whirring sound?

Hi there, yes, it still makes the whirring sound even after the motors are cut off via the app.  Which makes me think there is something wrong with the unit.  Should it be completely silent once the motors are killed?
2014-9-28
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

China

jef@jefgibbons. Posted at 2014-9-29 12:24
Hi there, yes, it still makes the whirring sound even after the motors are cut off via the app.  W ...

could you give me your email address and i would like to contact you direclty . So that i could better understand your issue
2014-9-29
Use props
jef
New

Canada

How do I send you a PM so I don't have to post my email here?  Thanks for the help!
2014-9-29
Use props
jef
New

Canada

DJI-Julain Posted at 2014-9-29 17:59
could you give me your email address and i would like to contact you direclty . So that i could be ...

Hi Julain, just use the email at this page to get in touch with me: http://jefgibbons.com/contact/ thanks for the help!!
2014-9-29
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

China

jef@jefgibbons. Posted at 2014-9-30 08:20
Hi Julain, just use the email at this page to get in touch with me: http://jefgibbons.com/contact/ ...

Get it and keep touch via email
2014-9-29
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

China

Could you please try to reduce the parameter of the fitness function in the Motor tab and have a try ?
2014-9-29
Use props
zellevision
lvl.1

Sweden

This is typical to much power to the servos, try to reduce, alot!
2014-10-4
Use props
yann
lvl.1

Switzerland

I have also a question...I tried to balance the ronin with my gh4 with the 12mm zuiko (same as for the Z15 HG Gimbal)....it seems that the pack is too light, so I had to add on the flash horse a stativ head (add aout 100gr), like I saw in a video on youtube....do I miss the point, or can somebody post a picture of a GH4 who is perfectly balanced without the adding weight on the top??? because without the weight, I should put the gh4 so high, thats its not working? my next question is, is it so important to perfectly balanced it, before pressing the autotune/calibration mode? thks
2014-10-21
Use props
SeanClauson
New

United States

Hm,  is the Ronin supposed to be silent in regular operating mode?  Just got a ronin and am trying to balance it with my GH4.  I've balanced it but when I turn it on, the motors immediately begins to make a whirring sound.  I use the app to reduce stiffness all the way to 0 but it has no effect on the whirring sound.  Can you help me?  -Sean
2014-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules