H3-3D tilt motor buzzing noise
3097 5 2015-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ove.hagseth
lvl.1

Norway

I just got a new Phantom 2 with the H3-3D gimbal.
When I tested the gimbal with a GP3black, I noticed a small buzzing sound in the tillt motor. The sound is strongest when the camera is pointing about 30 degrees down. I can also feel some small micro vibrations from the same motor when i touch it wit my finger, but I dont se any movment with my eyes...

I have updated to the latest firmware via P2 assistant. I have also done the IMU calibration.

Is this normal, or should i return it to my dealer?
2015-1-1
Use props
quack
New

Australia

G'day ove.hagseth.
I too have a brand new Phantom2 with H3-3D, upgraded via the apps, doing the same naughty thing.
I purchased direct from DJI.com and have sent them an email requesting direct engagement to diagnose and resolve.
There appears to be many many similar gimbal problems reported both in here and out in the Youtube arena.
Also, it appears that a few bods have experienced very unsatisfactory support from the dealers where they purchased.
Let's hope that DJI gets the whip cracking.
I see so many conflicting reports of problems, successes, failures, "how to fix" and "works fine" for similar issues to ours, that I am going to deal only with DJI directly and intensely.
Regards,
Mark, in Australia.
2015-1-3
Use props
freddiebd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1891184 ft
Switzerland

I have found this to be normal and does not affect the performance of my H3-3D.
2015-1-3
Use props
caid
lvl.1

Norway

My second H3-3D (non Phantom version),  does not have this phenomenon, no buzzing and no micro vibrations.

Can someone from DJI confirm that this is normal behavior of the gimbal??
If not, I will deliver i back to the shop for a refund.
2015-1-3
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

Anti-inference board is installed?
2015-1-6
Use props
caid
lvl.1

Norway

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-1-7 14:28
Anti-inference board is installed?

Yes, it is installed inside the phantom. but i have returned the Gimbal to the dealer now anyway...
2015-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules