6709 24 2016-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Due to the waypoint limitations in the DJI Go app, I decided to buy Litchi (iOS) this week, play with it and give it a try yesterday, far from any buildings or people, with a simple 3 legs mission.

The way missions are defined in Litchi is the way DJI should have implemented the waypoint function in the Go app : draw on the map, adjust everything you want, no distance limit, ...
The mission went pretty well and smooth despite the sudden midflight snow storm and strong wind gusting to 60km/h (10km/h at takeoff). Had to land in a hurry !

Anyway, I'm not confident at all with Litchi (and I guess it would be the same with Auto Pilot) for the following reasons :
- You have no control on the quad parameters before takeoff : the 2 most important for me are the sensor values and battery cells values. I had to start with the Go app, verify everything, then kill the Go app process (I like to have only one app running while flying to avoid any problems) , launch Litchi and start the mission.
Maybe it is not so annoying in summer but with cold temp I was not happy to have to perform all theses steps.
- No control on camera : once again, you have to set everything in the Go app but I always fine tune the exposure while airborne. And switching apps while airborne is a no way for me.
This point is somewhat not acceptable for a flying camera.
- Speed control : it is probably a matter of taste but I prefer the Go app slider to change the speed (and I also prefer a m/s reading instead of the current km/h one). I set the mission to 14km/h and once it started it was really too slow. I tried to pause the mission to change the speed but was unable to do this.

A minor point : it would be great to play the mission on the screen (I think Auto Pilot can do this)

Hope Litchi will gain some missing in the future

Here is the video of this test.

2016-1-17
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have litchi for Android  and ILOVE IT.  Is like having a second remote and operator. I will be posting an atonomus flight done with Litchi.
2016-1-17
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the litchi for Android and I just love it.    It's like having a second remote and a second operator for  the camera. Just love it
2016-1-17
Use props
flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with Litchi's not ready for Prime Time with IOS version. I have no idea if they have it together yet with their Android version but have the feeling it also has limitation. I should have waited in purchasing Litchi a few weeks ago when obviously it's a work in progress yet they continue selling it on the Apple store for almost $20. I feel that I've been had although it's a nominal fee in comparison to the price of the P3 but non the less.............
2016-1-17
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

I have flown with Litchi since the first version was released for the P2.  The developer is limited by what the DJI SDK gives them access to.  That is why certain functions have to be performed with the DJI app.  The IOS version has recently been released.  I have never used it.  Although all my tech is Apple (phone, watch, computers) I only fly with an Android tablet (and the tablet is only used for flying).  The Android version is a solid app in every way and far out-performs the DJI Go app in my opinion.  Once my quad was set up and flying how I wanted, I have not used the DJI GO app for anything.  The Litchi app functions all perform as they should and I have every confidence in the system with Litchi running.
2016-1-17
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

For sure Litchi is reliable and solid. I have no doubt about this. And the way missions can be planned is amazing.
But I want to be able to control every parameter of the quad before taking off... and this is only possible with DJI Go. This is the way I begin each single flight and I have no intent to change this.
Better too much safety than too less.
2016-1-17
Use props
nelsonm010
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4659 ft
United States

Appreciate this review.  
2016-1-20
Use props
cacollins0220
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294016 ft
United States

Team

I have been using LICHI for a couple of months now. Granted on the Android tablet. (wish I could use my windows tablet)

I have been able to do a lot of things with lichi. first as long as I have contact with the P3P I can control ever aspect of the camera. I can pitch the camera and rotate the P3P without a problem. in an emergency I can even switch back to P mode and fly the bird any way I want. I have not had any problems.

I also only use LICHI for waypoint flights. all other things I use DJI GO for everything else. So lichi, is a GREAT companion application and one I recommend to everyone. there are some published limitation on the IOS version right now, but having never used it, I have no practical knowledge.
2016-1-20
Use props
maloneshaun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 319262 ft
United Kingdom

What about autopilot great app very comprehensive or basic as you need
2016-1-20
Use props
JBPHOTO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2950013 ft
Portugal

Ulysse Posted at 2016-1-18 01:17
For sure Litchi is reliable and solid. I have no doubt about this. And the way missions can be plann ...

Thank for this review. Because of limitations introduced by the the latest updates in Go app and firmware I was considering purchasing Lichi.

With the limitations described with IOS I prefer wait a while until there are improvements
2016-1-20
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I am using FPV camera for waypoint flying. Perfect!

(Of course it would be more perfect to add (offline / real) waypoint flying on the DJI go app ;-)
2016-1-20
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

i see Liche is now in beta for the standard which is great. Does it allow waypoints farther than 500m
2016-1-20
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

dacofty Posted at 2016-1-20 18:01
i see Liche is now in beta for the standard which is great. Does it allow waypoints farther than 500 ...

Yes it does.
2016-1-20
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Great i signed up for the beta so waiting game is on ;)
2016-1-20
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ok guys I got my invite and downloaded it for IOS and the standard,  I haven't used it but does it have auto launch and auto land?  I saw the waypoints were in the location as those 2
2016-1-24
Use props
dewayt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 641224 ft
United States

it does not have auto launch, if you wish to use that, you would need to open dji app,  auto launch, get to your altitude you want, close the app, open litchi upload your mission and then press play.. This is for the 1.2.0 version that I have used with my standard.
2016-1-27
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dewayt@gmail.co Posted at 2016-1-27 08:28
it does not have auto launch, if you wish to use that, you would need to open dji app,  auto launch, ...

Not correct.  You have to create a mission of waypoints and then press the > button once the mission is active it will auto launch and proceed the mission.
2016-1-27
Use props
dewayt
lvl.2
United States

dacofty Posted at 2016-1-27 21:39
Not correct.  You have to create a mission of waypoints and then press the > button once the missi ...

i stand corrected.. in my mind i was thinking about the auto take off option and auto land option in the dji go app. However, i do remember getting an error that said i was not high enough when i tried to start a mission, so I assumed you couldnt upload a mission while it was on the ground and make it start and fly.
2016-1-27
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I hope they make Litchi compatible with Phantom 3 Standard.
2016-1-27
Use props
dewayt
lvl.2
United States

Juliano Cruz Posted at 2016-1-28 02:46

they have, its in beta right now.. i have tested it already on my standard.
2016-1-27
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Juliano Cruz Posted at 2016-1-28 02:46

This is the beta for IOS and includes the standard
2016-1-27
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The only thing that I'm missing is the camera timer and I contacted them and they plan on adding it in a future update
2016-1-27
Use props
bjwinspect
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1768576 ft
United States

I thought that I had previously found in Litci where it would run through on the screen and show how the bird would travel to waypoints and show the direction it would be headed or focused., showing this on the map before you flew, but I am not finding this option now... Did I dream this, was it in another app?

BW. Forest VA
2016-2-1
Use props
bjwinspect
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1768576 ft
United States

I thought that I had previously found in Litci where it would run through on the screen and show how the bird would travel to waypoints and show the direction it would be headed or focused., showing this on the map before you flew, but I am not finding this option now... Did I dream this, was it in another app?

BW. Forest VA
2016-2-1
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Thank you dewayt and dacofty.
I just see that it is now available in the app store!!! Now it's P3S compatible!!!
2016-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules