Can't connect to my phantom now I've registered osmo
988 8 2016-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blueboing101
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66650 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guys, I got a DJI osmo for Chrostmas and got it up and running on the go app pretty quickly, this weekend I was going to do my first wedding coverage on my phantom 3 pro and it just wouldnt connect. I tried on my iphone and on my samsung tablet. the tablet goes to a black osmo screen advising me to hold the osmo upright to continue... the iphone made no effort to connect at all. The cables all work and the app turns on ok. When you try on the iphone it just offers the page that shows you how to connect.... what the beep is going on with this thing??? I only worry as the frist update on the phantom controller bricked out straight away and my confidence is draining fast... I had to change it to the Netherlands for a fix last timeand was without it for the entire summer with loads of lost time and revenue due to it being down. It worked fine before I regestered the Osmo... does anyone know whats happening here?

2016-1-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

So you are saying the Osmo works but the P3 is not connecting?
2016-1-17
Use props
blueboing101
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-18 04:32
So you are saying the Osmo works but the P3 is not connecting?

yup, not sure why as phantom worked fine before christmas when I last flew it. now when plugged into phantom controller can't even get iphone charge symbol don't know if the two things are linked or not.
Osmo works great though... any help would save me hours of stress as I need this thing to work if my business is to succeed
2016-1-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

blueboing101@li Posted at 2016-1-24 04:31
yup, not sure why as phantom worked fine before christmas when I last flew it. now when plugged int ...

If you don't see the charge symbol on your phone/tablet then that means there is no USB connection. Has to be a bad USB cable or USB port on the radio. Can you try different cables or a friends phone/tablet  and then you can verify if it is the radio. If so, you will need to send it in for repair.
2016-1-23
Use props
blueboing101
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-23 20:46
If you don't see the charge symbol on your phone/tablet then that means there is no USB connection ...

Ive literally just got it back from repair in my mind as Ive only flown it a couple of times since I sent it in Ken as its been raining here near constant since, My phantom 2 experience was brilliant but so far my 3 pro is poo poo. I sent it to you guys and it came back on or around the 20 Sep 2015. and had had that part replaced then??? it all started out with an ultrasonic sensor fault which required update... this I did which bricked out the controller instantly, had to be sent away... repaired back, flew once or twice made me feel a little better as all working fine. Go to use it for the first time since then and its broken again??? im not confident it will ever work properly and that puts on my frowny face as feel have been seriously let down by DJI if this is the case... it cost me the best part of £100 to post it with insurance to the Netherlands and came back wrapped in a bin bag with sticker marks all over my phantom. scuff marks on the controller which was my pride and joy before I sent it immaculate in every way. I have tried a different cable and a different tablet several times as before.... what if I need a new controller??? It was in warranty when it broke the first time there for the repair should still have a years warranty will I be covered? I am more than a little angry about this situation as over the years I have spent a considerable amount of money with you guys..... all I want is to take pictures with it before I die of old age...... its not looking hopeful
2016-1-24
Use props
blueboing101
lvl.1
United Kingdom

blueboing101@li Posted at 2016-1-24 14:23
Ive literally just got it back from repair in my mind as Ive only flown it once since I sent it in ...

is it something I can repair myself? and will it keep reocurring due to some original fault with the product?... just looked and thank the gods I only bought it around june last year so all is good on the warenty front.
2016-1-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

blueboing101@li Posted at 2016-1-24 22:23
Ive literally just got it back from repair in my mind as Ive only flown it a couple of times since  ...

I am very sorry about your experience and the troubles you are still having. Unfortunately I only have contact with the repair center in the US. I can only say to contact them again and explain that after it being returned it still does not work.
If something like that happens in the US repair center I can make sure it gets fully tested and not returned without everything working correctly and it wouldn't  be dirty.
I'm truly sorry that I cannot help you with this.
2016-1-24
Use props
blueboing101
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-24 16:27
I am very sorry about your experience and the troubles you are still having. Unfortunately I only  ...

No worries Ken, will get on to DJI europe again sorry pard, Didnt know you where the other side of the pond, Have a good day bro
2016-1-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

blueboing101@li Posted at 2016-1-28 00:47
No worries Ken, will get on to DJI europe again sorry pard, Didnt know you where the other side of ...

Hopefully it gets resolved soon.
2016-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules