Lightbridge 2 Dual Operator Configuration
2089 5 2016-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kestrel Aerial
lvl.1

United States

My company is considering the LB2 forour S900's flying Z15GH4 payload operated in a dual configuration. Webought the systems with the original LB, but we and our reseller could not get it to work. So to my dismay went with the analog system. I want to upgrade to HD but veryreluctant to do so, especially after what I've been reading here. Isee there are limitations to gimbal operation in a single operatorconfiguration. Can anyone confirm LB2 allows for full gimbal controlin a dual configuration? Thank you.

2016-1-17
Use props
Kestrel Aerial
lvl.1

United States

To clarify my question, if the flight controls are directed by our Futaba transmitter, can the transmitter/ground unit for the LB2 be configured to provide pan, tilt and roll of the Z15 gimbal and trigger the shutter of the GH4.
2016-1-17
Use props
jem
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1696788 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes you can have dual operator but you will have to get another lightbridge 2 ground unit. With this you will have control over pan, tilt and roll. I haven't managed to get the shutter to work.
I've put up a post about the idiosyncrasies with this set up.
2016-1-18
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been flying with LB1 on several 1000's with a dual config. What couldn't they configure?
2016-1-18
Use props
Kestrel Aerial
lvl.1

United States

Dennis, everything but gimbal control. No video and the master no communication with the A2. I really would like to see what I'm shooting better than what the analog system gives me, as well as the ability to shoot 24p. It seems that I still may have to wait for that. :-(
2016-1-20
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kestrel Aerial  Posted at 2016-1-20 22:52
Dennis, everything but gimbal control. No video and the master no communication with the A2. I reall ...

I used an unsupported method by using an Sbus decoder. The 1000 had a better range than the video using Lightbridge and video over the analog. With the Sbus decoder I had the same range and HD. Everything runs through LB1. I have a video on YouTube about it... I got the Decoder from Troy Built Models. I've had some other people that used a different decoder and they had to use a voltage regulator...dont go there...just use the one from TBM if you go this route. Again, this is an unsupported (DJI) way to do it and this particular 1000 has been flying perfect for 1 1/2 years. This link is the DJI YouTube for making connection with the GH4. Between the 2 you should be able to get LB1 to work:
2016-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules