Best Place to Purchase
1165 9 2016-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yapper915
New

United States

So I am on the fence about purchasing an Inspire 1 V2. I have commented on another thread about my reasons for this but don't want to go into that here.

What I am looking for is feedback about where you purhcased. As always with all products, purchasing from the manufacturer will be more expensive then from a retailer. I understand this concept but sometimes I worry about the purchase becuase it is not from the manufacturer.

Where currently are the best "bang for the buck" deals that are also from reputable sources and not some fly by night companies that are just looking to make a buck.

To give an example of what I am talking about if you look at Amazon right now

This link DJI T600 Inspire w/ 4K
has a price of 2549.00.  One can only assume this is a V1 and not a V2 but how do you know.

Then there are all the packages priced all around.

Then to follow this up, when you look on DJI's site everything is sold out. Are the rumors true (and comments on AMazon) that to get any parts you will have to be down like 6 months due to DJI not being able to fulfill stock requests?

2016-1-17
Use props
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

FYI... Hobby Express has one left I believe that you can get for a couple bucks over $2400. I just bought one... obviously a V1. Hard to answer your follow up. Perception, would suggest too many repairs for a facility that is under staffed.... who knows. But at this point if you break it, might be awhile before you see it again. Seems to me that more regionally "qualified" repair facilities could really help... shares the $ with dealers willing to get certified as well. Problem is that DJI seems to be shrinking their profit margins to compete, this gives the dealer little incentive to invest in them. Sorry for the ramble, its the businessman in me having a hard time keeping his mouth shut.
T600 = V1
T601 = V2
2016-1-18
Use props
Yapper915
New

United States

Well looking to pull the trigger and found a package that I like. My only worry is in the description for the Inspire they describe the model as "Inspire 1 Copter (Version D, latest version)".  Is this the latest V2 version?
2016-1-18
Use props
Skylinewg
lvl.2

United States

https://www.uavdirect.com/collections/inspire1

These guys I HIGHLY recommend. I bought from them and I had a bad battery. They literally shipped me a new one next day air free of charge with a free return envelope for my bad battery. They have their own repair shop on the premises as well. They also do all upgrades before shipping if you ask them to do so, so that you'll be flying instantly. These men are superior with service and repair and are authorized DJI dealers. They have the 2.0 version as well.
2016-1-18
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered my V2 directly from DJI.

In my opinion, DJI USA has come a long way from what it was before. Its still not perfect, and still requires a lot of improvement.  

If something does happen, at least DJI will replace it under warranty. If you order through DJI, your warranty is prioritized over others that purchased from 3rd parties. Now this is also a bit of a debate because some Dealers will take care of you (the customer)  first and the dealer will deal with DJI (aka give you a new product and they handle the warranty with DJI with the old unit)

IMHO, if you want a V2, go with DJI. If you don't really care and just want a good price and any Inspire 1, go with a reputable dealer.
For more info on V1 and V2 differences, google.
2016-1-18
Use props
Skylinewg
lvl.2

United States

teamnest1 Posted at 2016-1-19 05:37
I ordered my V2 directly from DJI.

In my opinion, DJI USA has come a long way from what it was bef ...

So what you're saying is that DJI would have overnighted me a brand new TB48 battery? And that DJI would send me an Inspire 1 with all updates installed so that I can fly right away? UAVdirect.com and their repair facility http://www.dronedoctor.com/FAQs_c_12.html  has a turnaround time of as little as 2 days. And yes they are a premier DJI dealer and certified repair center.

DJI is a stellar manufacturer, but when you're deriving business from your bird they can be a bit slow to respond. UAV DIRECT is a better option and they have the certified Version 2
2016-1-18
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Skylinewg Posted at 2016-1-18 17:30
So what you're saying is that DJI would have overnighted me a brand new TB48 battery? And that DJI ...

No, you said that. I am simply sharing my personal experience.

That dealer sounds awesome. especially if they have the true V2 in stock. I never dealt with them so I cannot speculate.

Personally I'd rather have my own installed updates so I can control certain restrictions such as the 32 Channels, Speed, etc.  
2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

There is no huge difference between buying from DJI or dealer.  However I prefer to get my stuff from official stores
2016-1-18
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

I met with Kevin from Dronefly the other day to discuss buying my next X5 Inspire and an Osmo.  He spent over an hour discussing it with me and making sure i had answers to my questions.  He was very knowledgeable about it, especially since I am trying to decide iff I want to spend a little more for the X5 Raw.  the questions he couldn't answer he is looking into for me.  I will be buying from Dronefly.  They're in Westlake Village, CA and will ship anywhere.  In Cali we have to pay tax but it's worth it to have people I feel I can count on.
2016-1-18
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I would buy from a local Hobby store if that was a viable option.  I purchase my DJI products from BEST BUY.  They are very competitive on price and if you Harvey ANY PROBLEMS you can return it within 2 weeks (Or one month for Elite members)   I have even seen some retuned with damage and they did not make a fuss.   (Each store may vary but mine in East Lansing, Michigan is EXCELLENT).   

CHEERS -DONNIE
2016-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules