Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Geofence class action lawsuit
2703 23 2016-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AK Eagle
lvl.2

United States

I am so mad right now! Ski has hijacked my money and time. Am I the only one that wants at lease his money back? I live in wasilla Alaska and I can't fly anywhere now. Everybody and their brother has there own plane and airfield that dji must be considering airports. If I would have known that dji was going to turn my $2000 phantom into a grounded pit of pissed off in my stomach I wouldn't have purchased from them. It's not right and something needs to be done. I'm no lawyer but I'm sure there's some that would love to take on dji for do this to their loyal customers. Who's with me? Anyone? I'm not a sue happy person and would be happy if they would remove this NFV B.S. They are not the world police and have no right to take away anybody's property at will! And yes I did the B.S fix that was supposed to fix the server issue. Didn't work! If there is someone that's a lawyer or know someone that is and is interested in taking this on sign me up!
2016-1-18
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-18
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Can you show us a screenshot of your area?

http://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly
2016-1-18
Use props
johnlaroux
lvl.2

United States

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-1-18 13:50
Can you show us a screenshot of your area?

http://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly

This is the map that has the no fly zones.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock
2016-1-18
Use props
cgl817
lvl.3

United States

When I tried the fix the first time, I had forgotten to turn on "allow updates" in iTunes and it didn't work either.
If they do roll this out to everyone and if it looks like it did in the glitch than you wont have any trouble finding people to join your suit.  Anyway, I was able to get it fixed by turning on "allow updates" then turning it off again after it reverted back to normal.
2016-1-18
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

johnlaroux@cox. Posted at 2016-1-18 22:18
This is the map that has the no fly zones.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock

No that is for Beta Testers ONLY.

Have a look at this thread http://forum.dji.com/thread-40081-1-2.html it might help
2016-1-18
Use props
pantera989
lvl.3

New Zealand

I doubt anyone here can afford to persue an class action lawsuit. If you really want to do this, your best bet is contact as amny firms as you can in the hope you will find one that wants to do it for the publicity and/or cut of the payout.

Currently I'm lucky enough this issue hasn't affected me where I live, however my countries laws a fairly restrictive anyway (have to submit a flight plan to control tower 3 days in advance to fly within 4km of an aerodome, or in controlled airspace. Have to get permission from land owners to fly over land. Have to get permission to fly over people etc.)
2016-1-18
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

HI AK Eagle.....

From Palmer here. My friend and I have the exact same Phantom 3 ADV..... he had updated to 1.6 firmware and had the same problem.  my bird was right next to his  with 1.5 firmware and mine would fly while his would not... This is thanks to a new NFZ for an airport that been abandoned for 30 Years.  
I even tried to fly his quad with my iPhone as it has the older version of the Go APP.... Still no go.   

ANYWAYS Long story short we narrowed it down to the firmware on the bird.... To fix this, you can  load the  firmware version 1.5.0030 onto a micro SD card and put it in your bird... wait a few minutes and the bird will downgrade the firmware and allevate the problems you're having,,,,, it worked for us. good luck and safe flying
2016-1-18
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

From looking at Wasilla Ak on the map I only see yellow authorization zones, you can unlock those and be flying
2016-1-18
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Davphys Posted at 2016-1-19 04:34
Wasilla? Wow - you guys should be punished simply for electing Sarah Palin at one point in your illu ...

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones!
Frankly, I have seen hundreds, if not thousands of posts on here made by folks whose first language is English and they can  not spell or punctuate worth a $hit.....
2016-1-18
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-18 19:17
People who live in glass houses should not throw stones!
Frankly, I have seen hundreds, if not thou ...

aint that; the trooth,
2016-1-18
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

aopisa Posted at 2016-1-19 09:39
aint that; the trooth,

This thread has officially derailed....
Derailed.jpeg
2016-1-18
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

2016-1-18
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

2016-1-18
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

2016-1-18
Use props
AK Eagle
lvl.2

United States

AlaskanTides Posted at 2016-1-18 13:45
HI AK Eagle.....

From Palmer here. My friend and I have the exact same Phantom 3 ADV..... he had up ...

Thanks for that info! I'm trying to stay on 1.4 firmware because of all the geofencing crap dji sneaks in the firmwares but I guess they got me one way or another. I've never been treated like this from a manufacturer! When I called them for help they told me I could put it on eBay. How's that for technical support?
2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If your area was able to fly before and now shows a red no-fly zone with 5 mile raduis and your on IOS then delete the app and reinstall 2.5.1 and it will not show red zone anymore wit a 5 mile radius.
2016-1-18
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Ken, this is really crappy.  One day you guys say one place has the map, the next, another.  A couple of days ago, two links were listed.  I checked both maps and they both showed no red and no yellow for me.  The link above puts a full 5 mile yellow over me.  Please give ONE link that is CORRECT.
2016-1-18
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
United States

AK Eagle Posted at 2016-1-18 18:22
Thanks for that info! I'm trying to stay on 1.4 firmware because of all the geofencing crap dji sn ...

Thats very unfortunant to say the least..... I personally know of 3-4 folks dumping DJI over this, and that is just local to our area here in Alaska.  
I have read hundrids of post posted by thousands of unhappy customers over the internet, myself included.  
DJI has lost a lot of customers and created a very large opening in the market.
We will see  in about a year from now how their market shares are looking.
With all the new competitors on the market such as Go Pro....I have  a feeling this is going to be a mistake akin to the one blackberry made.
Light Bridge is a cool technology but I hear rumor that other technology is in the works that will even render it obsolete.

Oh well heat up some pop corn and watch the show i guess.... One thing is for certain and that is that they will not survive a back lash such as this unscathed....
2016-1-18
Use props
AK Eagle
lvl.2

United States

AlaskanTides Posted at 2016-1-18 13:45
HI AK Eagle.....

From Palmer here. My friend and I have the exact same Phantom 3 ADV..... he had up ...

This is so strange! I deleted the app and reloaded it and now I can fly even at Ted Stevens international airport according to the app.
2016-1-19
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AlaskanTides Posted at 2016-1-19 00:16
Thats very unfortunant to say the least..... I personally know of 3-4 folks dumping DJI over this,  ...

DJI will be fine, they are adding customers hand over foot.  I think once they get their system corect things will settle down.  
2016-1-19
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
United States

dacofty Posted at 2016-1-19 10:11
DJI will be fine, they are adding customers hand over foot.  I think once they get their system co ...

Maybe you're right but I would be careful.... I did my best to come up with a poll to test the waters. a statical anylasis of the mood of the current market...

Please vote

http://forum.dji.com/thread-40409-1-1.html
2016-1-19
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
United States

dacofty Posted at 2016-1-19 10:11
DJI will be fine, they are adding customers hand over foot.  I think once they get their system co ...

Its early in the poll yet... but just about my bed time. So the current update as of now with only 19 votes in.

11% agree with DJI System

58% Approve of Geo-fence for sensitive area's  such as airports and military installation's but disapprove of yellow zones everywhere. in my opinion folks just don't want the headache of them,  they are a nuisance, while they do not add any real degree of safety in return.

32% strongly disapprove of geofence all together.

I don't know what business model you follow. However it does not require a degree in econmics to see that 90%  of their customer base are not satisfied .  
The poll is still young and sample is still small.... but if this is any indicator,  I suggest you might want to rethink you're stock allocations.
2016-1-20
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AlaskanTides Posted at 2016-1-20 03:16
Its early in the poll yet... but just about my bed time. So the current update as of now with only  ...

The business model I follow is the same as what Dji is trying to do,  they are trying to head off a government implemented solution which we all know would be worse.  Look around some of the other competitors have already added self geo fencing to their devices so you can set the no fly points.  This im afraid will not satisfy the governments.  DJI isnt in the business of destroying their business.
2016-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules