More proof that geofencing is BS
1930 22 2016-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JMBare
lvl.1

United States

So, I visited my parents today in Elkridge, MD, USA.  Turns out the majority of the state of MD is a NFZ thanks to government overreach.  The zone is 28 miles around Washington DC.  

Why oh why should Dji prevent me from flying my P3 in my dad's very large warehouse because of this overreach?  

More proof that the default should be unlocked and I should be capable of judging when I fly and how, not Dji.
2016-1-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Boring, this subject has been done to death, not worth the waste of electrons moaning over it again.
2016-1-18
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

From looking at that area it shows it as an authorization zone, did you try to unlock it?
2016-1-18
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-18 19:41
Boring, this subject has been done to death, not worth the waste of electrons moaning over it again.

Is your other screen name Davphys? You two act alike.
2016-1-18
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-1-19 09:47

Is your other screen name Bryan's Roofing or Flyin Bryan?
You seem as if you could be one in the same or at least related...

NOT an accusation, just a curiosity....
2016-1-18
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-18 20:51
Is your other screen name Bryan's Roofing or Flyin Bryan?
You seem as if you could be one in the sa ...

No. Bryan lives out West. I live in the East
2016-1-18
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-18
Use props
JMBare
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-18 19:41

"Done to death"?  Does that mean it has been determined that they are reversing the fact that MILLIONS OF PEOPLE in the State of Maryland cannot fly?  

This subject is FAR from closed.
2016-1-18
Use props
JMBare
lvl.1

United States

dacofty Posted at 2016-1-18 19:42
From looking at that area it shows it as an authorization zone, did you try to unlock it?

Negative.  It is blood red.  
2016-1-18
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

JMBare Posted at 2016-1-18 21:15
Negative.  It is blood red.

Hmm might wanna do the fix that DJI stated about connecting to internet with device and quad then leave on for 5 min and restart, its fix alot of others with red zones.
2016-1-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-1-19 12:47

Tut tut, remember our agreement?
2016-1-18
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

JMBare Posted at 2016-1-19 10:13
"Done to death"?  Does that mean it has been determined that they are reversing the fact that MILL ...

If DJI had half an ounce of morality or Couth they would have posted a clear description of what it is they did (by mistake or not!...and i still think it was not by mistake!...what they have proven is that they can ground all of your P3's...while you sleep!!!!) with corrective plans to resolve it. They would have posted it as a sticky so that everyone could see it when they logged onto the forum, even better, they could have sent everyone who ever registered an email indicating the problem and the solution and posted it as well for those yet to register.....
Instead, likely thousands, many of whom likely feel to embarrassed to call or email or do not have the means are sitting and wondering WTF, why will my Phantom not fly....
DJI have chosen not to do this for fear it might suggest liability in some way shape or form..Bad on you DJI...you should do the right thing if you want to keep your audience!!!
2016-1-18
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-18 21:38
Tut tut, remember our agreement?

Sorry.            
2016-1-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

JMBare Posted at 2016-1-19 13:13
"Done to death"?  Does that mean it has been determined that they are reversing the fact that MILL ...

Given the state of Maryland has 5.9 Million residents, and your statement that millions of them (plural) cannot fly their Phantoms, that means that one in every three residents of Maryland owns a Phantom.

Now that is one hell of a marketing and selling job on the part of DJI, I would vote them a round of applause for doing such a thorough job of selling their product.

But given that one in three Maryland residents owns a Phantom, perhaps it is best that they are kept out of the skies, because if they all got in the air at once, it would cause the FAA to sh1t themselves, especially with all those babies at the controls.

2016-1-18
Use props
JMBare
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-18 23:21
Given the state of Maryland has 5.9 Million residents, and your statement that millions of them (pl ...

My statement does not imply that millions of Maryland resident own Phantoms(though that very well may be the case as it is featured as the premier UAV at many big box retailers such as Best Buy and even Target now).  Only that the majority of the population center lives within 28 miles of DC and thus will be force grounded due to a the "temporary" NFZ, which has an end date of "permanent" on the FAA order.  

So once we strip your ridiculous straw man out of the discussion, hopefully your intellect will prevail and you will realize that there is NOTHING good about this crap.  
2016-1-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

JMBare Posted at 2016-1-19 15:31
My statement does not imply that millions of Maryland resident own Phantoms(though that very well  ...

Yes, it was my intellect that kicked in and made me want to ridicule your statement. Obviously yours was on holidays at the time.

And once you do what has been recommended by DJI-Ken in other posts, you will probably find the NFZ has been modified.
2016-1-18
Use props
JMBare
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-19 00:16
Yes, it was my intellect that kicked in and made me want to ridicule your statement. Obviously you ...

Why are you defending this?  Are you so incapable of self governance that you actually desire your own enslavement?  

You would have done well in Stockholm.
2016-1-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

JMBare Posted at 2016-1-19 22:12
Why are you defending this?  Are you so incapable of self governance that you actually desire your ...

I am not defending it, I am just sick of endless rants by hot-heads on here that do not have the patience to wait and let DJI sort out the wrinkles in the system. And as there are already plenty of threads on the subject, one more is not going to help. And no-one is going to enslave me, I am fortunate enough to live in a country that has more freedoms than you do.
2016-1-19
Use props
JMBare
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-19 17:04
I am not defending it, I am just sick of endless rants by hot-heads on here that do not have the pa ...

"Wrinkles"?

This whole damn thing is a wrinkle.  How soft must a tyranny be before it is acceptable?
2016-1-19
Use props
ranges
lvl.3

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-19 17:04
I am not defending it, I am just sick of endless rants by hot-heads on here that do not have the pa ...

So while DJI sorts it out many people do not fly.
No response needed!
2016-1-19
Use props
JMBare
lvl.1

United States

Can you guys imagine the outrage if ford began installing breathalyzer ignition interlocks on every vehicle?  I mean, how long would it be before people got fed up with that sort of technology over reach and started buying Chevy?
2016-1-19
Use props
lessinspired
lvl.1

United States

This is just the beginning.  This new geofencing kept us grounded for a full day while on a shoot in a very remote location.  We were no where near a no fly zone according to charts and the FAA app.  We finally got inspire to fly by downloading beta on a very slow internet connection.  We were lucky.  Next time we might be days away from an internet connection or have to bring an extremely costly BGAN unit and even then it might not fly. This was not only extremely embarrassing, but it cost us time, money and reputation.  I am not very happy that after spending around $15,000 to become fully FAA compliant and then be grounded by the manufacturer.  I now cannot trust the DJI Inspire 1 Pro for shoots if they have any control of where I fly.  

I would like to recommend the following solution for professional user.  Allow users to enter their Section 333 number, Tail Number and Pilot Certificate number for totally unrestricted flight.  We already have to file flight plans, deal with FAA and additional COA’s... asking permission from DJI after that is completely absurd.  For recreational users, I feel your pain too.  You should at least be able to fly up to 200' and Everyone should be able to return their devices if you cant fly them.  If you plan on using the Inspire 1 or pro for business, think again and wait it out.  
2016-1-23
Use props
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

A class action lawsuit would fix it
2016-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules