o(^-^)o
dave
lvl.1

United States

I have a major problem with Ronin M after doing the most recent updates:

Software Assist v2.2
Firmware IMU v1.4
GCU v1.2

After doing the update, power cycling the Ronin and restoring to Default values, my Ronin will not pan or tilt smoothly at all. The Ronin hesistates before panning or tilting, and there are pauses during pans/tilts and as the Ronin returns to center. The pauses are dramatically worse when using the thumb controller (it starts and stops during pans/tilts and when returning to center). I double checked my balance, tried dozens of setting options, reverted to Default settings, Fine Tuning and System Calibration multiple times, but the problem remains. BTW, I tried to re-apply the firmware update, but the Ronin app won't let me as it says everything is up to date. At this point, I will not be able to use my Ronin until I get this sorted out. I wish I could revert back to the older firmware, but I doubt this is an option. My Ronin M has worked flawlessly since I got it, and I now regret doing the update. I did the update as I wanted to order one of the new batteries as a backup, and the firmware suggested the update would require it.

Here is a video link that demonstrates the problems I am experiencing:
https://youtu.be/BW3C7Jh2kKc

Any suggestions about how to fix this would be greatly appreciated! I have an shoot coming up, and need to get this fixed ASAP.
2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

If you did all the upgrade with assistant software V2.2,did you upgrade your thumb controller as well as remote controller?
If no, please connect each of them to the assistant software V2.2 and go to upgrade
2016-1-20
Use props
dave design
New

United States

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2016-1-20 03:16
If you did all the upgrade with assistant software V2.2,did you upgrade your thumb controller as wel ...

How exactly do you connect everything to upgrade both the Ronin M and the remote? Both connected to the pc via usb at the same time, separately?, remote tethered to the Ronin? You are saying this jerky motion problem will occur if you don't upgrade the firmware on the remote, even if the remote is never turned on? Do you have ex-microsoft employees writing your code?

I posted another topic on the Assistant software and driver installer not working in Windows 8.1, no responses so far. I was finally able to find a Windows 7 pc that at least could talk to the Ronin. It took several tries on about 4 different pc's before I found one that worked. I shouldn't have bothered, because upgrading the gimbal caused the same problem listed by the OP in this thread.

The thing is, I don't use this to make a living (thank god!), it's just a hobby toy. I could have easily bought a Movi M5, and now I'm regretting the purchase of the Ronin.
2016-2-9
Use props
dave design
New

United States

dave design Posted at 2016-2-9 18:03
How exactly do you connect everything to upgrade both the Ronin M and the remote? Both connected t ...

Ok, I'm starting to get how this thing works. The driver installation software doesn't like Windows 8.1, at least any machines that I have. Doesn't work on Vista either (some weird error about windows side-by-side). I had already updated the Ronin M's firmware using someone else's pc, but wanted a way to get it working on one of my machines. I also still had the problem listed by the OP. Finally created a windows 7 virtual machine in VirtualBox, and it was able to connect to and see the remote. Yes, updating the remote's firmware fixed the problem with the Ronin.

Just to be clear, I connected the remote control to the pc via the supplied micro usb cable, powered it on, started the assistant and navigated to the upgrade page, and downloaded and installed the upgrade from the prompts on the assistant.
2016-2-13
Use props
Newheights
New
United States

I cannot update the firmware at all. {:4_142:}
2016-10-1
Use props
Newheights
New
United States

I've tried on 3 machines to update the firmware to no avail. I've tried to update. It's controllers and the Ronin M. I get the progress bar and the whole nine. However, when I check the firmware it hasn't changed. I've tried about 30 times to update. Nada.
2016-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules