Problem with V 2.5.1 (Android)
1357 12 2016-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shofuji
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15223 ft
United States

Unable to start new update version (DJI GO 2.5.1 Android) on my Galaxy 6S edge, I use this application for OSMO. Everytime I try to start ( hit "Enter Camera View") I get "Unfortunale, DJI DO has stopped" error.
I reinstalled app a few times but still getting same result. My iOS version (DJI GO 2.5.1) on iPad Air is working fine.  
I'm using Android version 5.1.1. Can anyone help me?

2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Could you please tell me what android device are you using ?
2016-1-19
Use props
flocko
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-19 03:34
Could you please tell me what android device are you using ?

Looks to me like he is using a Samsung Galaxy 6 S Edge with Android 5.1.1
2016-1-19
Use props
insearchofhome.
New

Singapore

I have the exact same issue with DJI GO 2.5.1 Android, tried on a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. I rebooted both android devices and closed all other open apps, and I restarted the Osmo, to no avail.

I've just bough mine two days ago, if I cannot connect and hence not evaluate it properly, I'm going to bring it back and get my $699 back. Although an immediate fix would be preferred.
2016-1-19
Use props
ashish
New

India

I upgraded to 2.5.1 today and had a shoot today, for which i coudlnt use the camera, tried to contact by chatting but was helpless, DJI site doesnt even have earlier version so we can reinstall to get it started, the latest  DJI GO experience was horrible!
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you delete the app and reinstall to see if it then will let you into the camera view.
2016-1-19
Use props
hometurf2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137589 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-19 10:30
Can you delete the app and reinstall to see if it then will let you into the camera view.

This an issue that must be related to DJI app...If you have to uninstall and reinstall that tells me the app is defective and unreliable.
When is DJI going to fix this correctly and stop with the temporary bypass...uninstall then reinstall.

I thought these releases go through QA testing? If so QA needs to be tested...very frustrating and disappointing to pay this money for such a buggy platform.
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

hometurf2 Posted at 2016-1-19 23:51
This an issue that must be related to DJI app...If you have to uninstall and reinstall that tells  ...

Usually if you cannot get the app to work then uninstalling and reinstalling fixes the issue. And that is not a fault of DJI, it happens during the download of the app, so if anything it's probably your WiFi or cell data to blame.
The GO requires a lot of processing power to operate and it's a really large program to download.
If there's any hiccup in your downloading the app from the internet then it will corrupt the download and it needs to be downloaded again.
Now I'm not saying this is exactly the reason, but the first thing to try and usually solves the problem is to download again.
2016-1-19
Use props
shofuji
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15223 ft
United States

Problem solved.
This morning I noticed that new update was available so I updated again and this time it worked. I don't know why but same version number (2.5.1) but smaller size (70+mb). Now I can open camera view screen without start OSMO like used be. Thank you DJI GO team.
2016-1-19
Use props
insearchofhome.
New

Singapore

Obviously this is a work around, rather than the solution.  But I downloaded dji go version 2.5.0 from xapk.com and it works fine again. I've also asked dji support for advice but no results yet.
2016-1-19
Use props
insearchofhome.
New

Singapore

shofuji Posted at 2016-1-20 02:24
Problem solved.
This morning I noticed that new update was available so I updated again and this tim ...

This solved it for me as well, it's interesting this update was published under the same version 2.5.1, although apkkure.com does show it's a different update, marked as "version 2.5.1 (42)" instead of "version 2.5.1 (41)".  After my device updated tho the latest instance, all was good again.
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

flocko Posted at 2016-1-19 19:02
Looks to me like he is using a Samsung Galaxy 6 S Edge with Android 5.1.1

Sorry , my mistake .
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Please confirm you've downloaded the App from DJI Official download page .
2016-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules