Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sinisalo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1066804 ft
  • >>>
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2016-1-21 13:09
It will come - maybe not quickly, but it will come. Go back about 5 years and price HD flat-screen ...

If you want something that you can easily change parts on get the flamewheel, the phantom line is meant to be RTF, not a hobbyist to tinker with.
2016-2-10
Use props
Sinisalo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

sotiris.boutsis Posted at 2016-1-21 14:46
Still it's about 200% profit against 400% + you are going for. On top of that there are endless alt ...

If you don't like it, go buy a Yuneec or Walkera hahahahaha
2016-2-10
Use props
Sinisalo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

christopherglen Posted at 2016-1-22 09:15
I am referring to the cold battery - drones falling out of the sky that the firmware from last mon ...

100% of the dropping from the sky stories I have read are people that didn't fly with a fully charged battery. DJI has said to fly only with a fully charged battery, people should follow that advice.
2016-2-10
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

I just finished reading this thread and feel I must chime in.  I have been employed for years at a technical level by the "cell phone industry".  With respect to DJI products, Android phones can do anything Apple phones can do, other than limitations built-in by DJI, i.e. simulator (until recently).  Android is cheaper and works just as well, period.  I use nothing but Android phones and tabs with no issues.

About the price of batteries, like Apple products, $150 for a battery is pure marketing and has nothing to do with the actual cost of materials, R&D or anything else.  The price is strictly what the market will bear.  This will be proven if and when real competition arrives.  Even then, prices will not drop for existing products such as batteries since such products are still DJI only.  In fact, if material costs rise significantly, expect an additional price over-adjustment.  Price drops will be seen only as new products arrive.
2016-2-10
Use props
christopherglen
lvl.1

United States

Sinisalo Posted at 2016-2-10 22:52
100% of the dropping from the sky stories I have read are people that didn't fly with a fully char ...

That is all I have seen as well, my point is it is far better to sacrifice the battery from over discharging then turn off the drone and have gravity do its thing - sacrificing drone and battery.  The battery *should* be able to communicate to the drone to reduce thrust on the motors - even to the point of not being able to maintain altitude - but not kill power to the drone.  Light up the app with warnings and start a hover, but don't allow the battery to turn off while in flight.
2016-2-11
Use props
agogohome
New

Thailand

Wish granted :-)
http://www.banggood.com/4500mAh- ... Q26191551677201504Z
2016-2-13
Use props
agogohome
New

Thailand

luigi.tarascio Posted at 2016-1-20 23:22
At 428% price increment. We need more competitors IMHO.

Wish granted.  
Check out the comments at the bottom of the product page from satisfied customers: http://www.banggood.com/4500mAh- ... Q26191551677201504Z
2016-2-13
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

christopherglen Posted at 2016-2-11 11:04
That is all I have seen as well, my point is it is far better to sacrifice the battery from over d ...

Agree totally this needs to be addressed on the next firmware update!!

Rich
2016-2-19
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Tim,

We have had a lot of discussions about what we would like to see on the next firmware regarding the battery. Can you tell us if DJI engineering will consider making these changes to help protect our aircraft?

1) allow us to disable the auto discharge feature or give us more control about how we want to be using this option
2) remove battery protection against damage to the battery and allow the aircraft to crash due to power interruption
3) remove the power restrictions from the battery circuit and let the pilot flying the aircraft use all power even if the battery needs to be sacrificed

thanks for listening and when do you think we will be seeing the next firmware update that can address some of these concerns?

Rich

2016-2-19
Use props
FishTales
lvl.1

Thailand

My DJIGo App is giving me a warning when I start up that my batteries need to be discharged to 5% and then recharged.  I understand the reason for this, the power management chip wants to reset them.

My question is: what is the preferred method of discharging the batteries to 5%.  The obvious think that springs to mind is the set the critical low battery warning in the app to 5%, then hover the Inspire until it gets down to that point.  Is there some easier way to accomplish this?
2016-2-20
Use props
rbarbier
New

United Arab Emirates

hello,

without consideration of weight and space, is it possible to let's say connect a 22000 mah battery to the chip inside the case and use it instead of the existing cells? is the chip set for a particular capacity or does it just relies on voltage levels?

would the flight time estimation adapt during flight to the new setup?
2016-2-24
Use props
nick4098
lvl.2

United Kingdom

FishTales Posted at 2016-2-20 11:49
My DJIGo App is giving me a warning when I start up that my batteries need to be discharged to 5% an ...

Just leave the battery switched on and let it slowly discharge until it turns itself off, or if you're not patient enough, take it out and hover it until it gets low enough.
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

rbarbier@fracta Posted at 2016-2-24 19:59
hello,

without consideration of weight and space, is it possible to let's say connect a 22000 mah b ...

Unfortunately we can not provide this information...
2016-2-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-25 14:38
Unfortunately we can not provide this information...

No, and that is understandable. But I  ccan give you a good guess:

"is the chip set for a particular capacity or does it just relies on voltage levels?"

The chip knows the capacity of the battery, the voltage levels do not tell it much at all. The chip calculates the displayed capacity by making a number of measurements of charge current applied over time. If the battery capacity changes, those calculations would be way out.

"Would the flight time estimation adapt during flight to the new setup?"

No, for the reasons given, it would not.

2016-2-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

FishTales Posted at 2016-2-20 22:49
My DJIGo App is giving me a warning when I start up that my batteries need to be discharged to 5% an ...

The best way is to run the aircraft on the bench with the propellers fitted and the motors on idle. That provides the highest power consumption, but at the same time, provides cooling airflow to the aircraft. The camera system can get quite hot without cooling air. Alternatively, a safer method is to run the motors in idel without propellers and place a fan to blow air over the camera section.
2016-2-24
Use props
rudymuller
lvl.1
Flight distance : 894603 ft
Netherlands

Hi Tim,
In regard to the battery management I would like to know how the P3P is managing overcurrent/overheating of the motor control? Can you explain how this works?

Thanks
Rudy

2016-2-25
Use props
mdo31774
New

United States

How warm can these batteries get I was flying yesterday in 90 degree weather and all and when I was done the battery was 56 degrees Celsius
2016-5-30
Use props
mdo31774
New

United States

What temperature is too high for the batteries
2016-5-30
Use props
martin19117
lvl.2
Flight distance : 187156 ft
United States

Is the data port communication the same as a balance port plug on a Regular Lipo battery?
2017-7-20
Use props
ulis
New

Georgia

Periodically I need to disable the ability to charge an intelligent battery of Phantom $ V2.0 (when connected to the charging cable (even if the battery is low), charging will not occur and “switch on” that worked as usual)  If possible, please provide a general schematic of the charging controller PCB, or please inform me which pin of BQ30Z554-R1 controller I should commute that enable and disable “charging mode”. Or is it possible to implement in another way.
Thanks in advance
Alexander
2020-6-30
Use props
djiuser_rnioo4W4xikb
New

United States

In my opinion, once they put a chip on the battery, they can keep competitors out. You will have no choice but to buy more high-priced batteries from them. It's a business strategy. The power management bull... is an excuse to justify their design for the public. They could have put the chip on a battery hub.
2022-6-4
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_rnioo4W4xikb Posted at 6-4 07:14
In my opinion, once they put a chip on the battery, they can keep competitors out. You will have no choice but to buy more high-priced batteries from them. It's a business strategy. The power management bull... is an excuse to justify their design for the public. They could have put the chip on a battery hub.

No, they could not have put the chip on the hub, you are only thinking of one function the chip performs, there are a lot more, less obvious functions going on. Probably the most important function is not the simple charging control, but monitoring of the charge quantity.

For safe and reliable flight, you need to know the amount of charge placed in the cells during charge, and the amount that has been used during flight. LiPo batteries do not have any simple method to monitor the quantum of charge, so you need an intelligent system to measure the charge current over the period of the charge to arrive at a figure representing charge quantity. Likewise, the same monitoring system watches the amount of discharge from the battery, and estimates the remaining capacity. For the flyer, these functions are vitally important, and cannot be done without computational power in the battery itself.
2022-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules