Cement works test
1155 6 2016-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Highranger
lvl.2
Australia

https://flic.kr/p/zfmkTa

Dynamic range once possible using the old Log (Pre firmware 1.4)

2016-1-19
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks cool! The music makes it seem like a creepy site.
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

wow! HDR videos are looking  great!Yeah, the music is creepy...
2016-1-19
Use props
artichoke
lvl.1

United States

So this is no longer possible with 1.4+ ?  Is it possible with post-processing outside the aircraft?
2016-1-20
Use props
Highranger
lvl.2
Australia

artichoke Posted at 2016-1-21 09:18
So this is no longer possible with 1.4+ ?  Is it possible with post-processing outside the aircraft?

No the grading scope is now very much reduced with the D-log.You now dont have the dynamic range to 'fix in post'. When I now apply my favourite luts which I used for this footage, they are now far too strong. When switching between the old log and normal there was a huge difference in appearance alone and in fact the screen was quite low contrast when flying but the rewards when colour grading were worth it. Now I can barely see a difference between D-log and normal and together with the other silly colour settings have reduced the value of the X3 to toy status.
I am far from happy with DJI for doing this.
I have tried to revert back to 1.3 which is still possible for the airframe but not for the camera which seems to be locked.
2016-1-21
Use props
artichoke
lvl.1

United States

Highranger Posted at 2016-1-21 16:01
No the grading scope is now very much reduced with the D-log.You now dont have the dynamic range to ...

Hm, and they're pushing the full featured X5 cam for the Inspire.  Seems they don't people to think the P3 is a substitute photographic platform for the Inspire.
2016-1-21
Use props
Highranger
lvl.2
Australia

artichoke Posted at 2016-1-22 09:47
Hm, and they're pushing the full featured X5 cam for the Inspire.  Seems they don't people to thin ...

I came to same conclusion
2016-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules