ESC Status Error
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
survivor2221
lvl.2
Flight distance : 332228 ft
United States

My P3P crashed in November after reaching an altitude of 90'. I sent the unit to DJI in California and they did honor the warranty and replaced the unit. The camera is my old one as is my RC. I was very greatful. However I received absolutely no paperwork as to what caused the crash or why the unit needed replaced. I got my unit back yesterday and after upgrading the necessary firmware to 1.6 and the battery. I calibrated the IMU and the compass and attempted to take off. I received a message "ESC status error" please try to start aircraft again. If fails contact DJI support. After all attempts at recalibration, old and new firmware etc. the motors will not startup. I contacted support and they recommended IMU calibration to no avail...Any ideas?? Sure hate to need to send back to Cali again for two months..
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry you had a problem, and it's uncommon for a repair to take 2 months. Turn around time is only 2 weeks now.
It will have to come back in repair, what is your ticket# and I can make sure you have it back very soon.
2016-1-19
Use props
survivor2221
lvl.2
United States

#247437 Thank you..If you review the ticket you will see updates from me to helpdesk...Can you verify what work was done, why the crash, and is this a new unit?? Thanks for such a quick response...
2016-1-19
Use props
survivor2221
lvl.2
United States

Now the compass will not calibrate says there is electromagnetic interference. Inside the house and all around the outside. Never an issue before
2016-1-19
Use props
survivor2221
lvl.2
United States

DJI Ken,
I have been working through the RMA and ticket system which is a maddeningly slow process. I have tried explaining my issue and requesting what was wrong with my original unit  and receive no answers. Now I am told to mail my unit back to California and was not even given a shipping label and had to pay myself. As I have reported over and over this is a replaced unit that came from DJI just Monday. Now I have paid $80 plus dollars to ship DJI's product back to them. Though I am very happy with the product and the warranty honoring I am disappointed with the support. You replied two days ago that you would speed the process and I never heard back.
2016-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules