3598 23 2016-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rfrye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309606 ft
United States

See Video here:
(Inspire gimbal/camera head tracking is near the end of this video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=O98kwszk6NE&app=desktop

avegant-glyph.jpg
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

nice, but what do you want to do with headphones?  
2016-1-19
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309606 ft
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-19 22:01
nice, but what do you want to do with headphones?

Tim,

They are multi purpose - not just for sUAV flying.
Plug them into your television and other audio/visual devices.
2016-1-21
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

They are about $600 bucks and head tracker is not functional yet
2016-1-21
Use props
garbage98
lvl.2

Germany

I have both, a DJI Matrice 100 with Zenmuse X3 gamble camera and a Glyph HMD. Where can I find the instructions for setting up the "Bird's Eye view " controlling the camera with the head tracker?
2016-4-21
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 701211 ft
  • >>>
United States

Haven't flown with yet, but stationary I've got no tracking? Instruction manual says hold button on bottom to turn on and it gave audible confirmation, but still no motion. Anyone have luck with this?
2016-6-4
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

My understanding is THIS IS NOT AVAIALABLE YET!!!!!

In good old DJI style, Avant will release this feature in a future firmware.
2016-6-4
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Just checked firmware, and they said it would've been shipped with latest... Well updating now and this is supposed to have enabled. I''l report back shortly. Fingers crossed
2016-6-4
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

So much for that

It is still cool to see image clearly though

Ticked off that there's youtube clip of a teddy bear wearing glyph while connected to inspire and when they move it's head the camera moves.
2016-6-4
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

My bad, needed HDMI and USB both plugged in. Told this will resolve issue.
2016-6-4
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

F ing sick! Thing works awesome. Tech support emailed me, needed to disconnect iphone and plug glyph into usb. OSD displays where inspire is in relation to view like a flight simulator.
2016-6-4
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

P3T3 Posted at 2016-6-5 01:35
F ing sick! Thing works awesome. Tech support emailed me, needed to disconnect iphone and plug glyph ...

Plug the Glyph into the USB port on the radio?
Sounds easy enough, but using which cable? Are you using a designated cable to do that, perhaps a cable not provided with the glyph.  I had purchased a standard to mini HDMI adapter to get the glasses operational, but now enabling the HT feature appears to have become a horse of another color. : )
Does the application you refer to then delete your IPhone from the equation which I suspect is no great loss, I've been using a IPad mini as a monitor, and wondering if their may be away around deleting the IPad device so as to enable HT.
Maybe a splitter that would enable both devices,  (Glyph & IPad) using the standard USB port on the Tx.
2016-6-4
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Phantomflyer Posted at 2016-6-4 16:45
Sounds easy enough, but using which cable? Are you ...

Yes, no iDevice. No loss to me, but I do see where some may take issue. I used the supplied Glyph cables with an HDMI to mini HDMI adapter. I inquired about a micro USB to micro USB cable to plug into controller and was told the Glyph will not interface with that port for some reason. I may get a lightning to micro USB and try plugging my phone or pad into that to see if I can get both operational, I think that android devices can plug in there?
2016-6-4
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Phantomflyer Posted at 2016-6-4 16:45
Sounds easy enough, but using which cable? Are you ...

As for a splitter, I'm not sure that will work. I've split HDMI cables in house for one DVR to multiple rooms and they need a powered booster. Not the old days of an easy coax split. I'm thinking it's going to be the same with the USB, either cross-feed or too much loss of signal.
2016-6-4
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
United States

P3T3 Posted at 2016-6-5 05:33
Yes, no iDevice. No loss to me, but I do see where some may take issue. I used the supplied Glyph  ...

Understood, I've been told that a splitter can be used on the USB port of the radio enabling both device and Glyph HT.
I'm not certain as yet because I haven't had an opportunity to actually try it out. I wouldn't necessarily want to give up using my IPad mini 4 to accomplish the task at hand, but there must be more than one way to skin this cat.  : ) Thanks for your input.
2016-6-4
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
United States

P3T3 Posted at 2016-6-5 05:35
As for a splitter, I'm not sure that will work. I've split HDMI cables in house for one DVR to mul ...

The same person who mentioned using a USB Hub had also mentioned something about it being connected to a non powered USB, so maybe there may be a difference between the USB port on the radio and the HDMI, not exactly sure tho. Hopefully someone more versed in this will eventually respond to the posting.  : )
2016-6-4
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Phantomflyer Posted at 2016-6-4 20:04
Understood, I've been told that a splitter can be used on the USB port of the radio enabling both  ...

Found a USB splitting hub that I had purchased for my macbook air. So connected both devices. It worked, but poorly. Didn't fly with it just in house. When head still images clear on both. When tracking it slightly pixelated until fixed position again it was clear. Then I moved around a lot and Glyph image froze and iPhone stated image transmission lost. Maybe it will work if you go into settings and reduce transmission quality to device? Off hand I don't remember exactly how to do that, but I'm pretty sure it can be done. I'm gonna try a lightning to micro usb and use that port when I get one.
2016-6-5
Use props
peterrussell23
lvl.1

Australia

P3T3 Posted at 2016-6-5 03:35
F ing sick! Thing works awesome. Tech support emailed me, needed to disconnect iphone and plug glyph ...

Very interested in this setup! My question was are you using a single remote setup? I see in the tested review that they had dual remotes, the pilot had a tablet and then the second slave controller had the glyph connected. So I guess in this case they had both tablet and glyph.  

With your setup P3T3, do you just have 1 remote and use the glyph for head tracking camera while using the same remote for flying? If this is the case are you just seeing what you would see on the tablet with all of the HUD information and the glyph is doing all the work to translate it for goggle interface?

If this is the case, how do you interact with the touch screen functions on the display? Does the glyph have an input system or do you need to swap to the tablet when you want to interact with touch screen functions?

Or are my assumptions not correct?
2016-6-6
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

peterrussell23@ Posted at 2016-6-6 22:21
Very interested in this setup! My question was are you using a single remote setup? I see in the t ...

I have dual, but haven't flown with glyph on slave remote yet. It displays all telemetry and battery. I used the remote buttons for taking pictures and video. When I contacted them about connecting it to my remote and I asked about whether I could have iphone and glyph connected they said that they recommend using on slave remote for phone/tablet and dual user setup. I've yet to try that out and I also want to try getting iphone plugged into micro usb. I plan on at least doing dual remote this weekend so I'll be able to post how that goes later.
2016-6-7
Use props
peterrussell23
lvl.1

Australia

P3T3 Posted at 2016-6-8 09:41
I have dual, but haven't flown with glyph on slave remote yet. It displays all telemetry and batte ...

I have seen a few videos of people using a USB hub to plug both the glyph and their tablet into the USB port. Seems to work in their videos, wonder if this is a viable option for a single remote user
2016-6-7
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

peterrussell23@ Posted at 2016-6-8 02:09
I have seen a few videos of people using a USB hub to plug both the glyph and their tablet into th ...

could be, I'm also going to try to lower display resolution. That may be the trick. I used a cheap hub for my macbook and had issue, but lower bit rate may resolve it.
2016-6-8
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

P3T3 Posted at 2016-6-7 19:41
I have dual, but haven't flown with glyph on slave remote yet. It displays all telemetry and batte ...

well I tried plugging my lightning to a usb to micro usb and connect my phone to the micro usb port and nothing happens. I wonder if that port is on or what's it's setup for?
2016-6-10
Use props
warlock2yyy
New

Spain

garbage98 Posted at 2016-4-21 23:33
I have both, a DJI Matrice 100 with Zenmuse X3 gamble camera and a Glyph HMD. Where can I find the i ...

Hi !! Recently buy a P4 and glyph googles... I was a problem with firmware of RC and drone ... then restart the firmware upgrade and now I have the newest version... Now see the image and OSD through  the glasses but the head tracking don´t work... when I was a problem with the firmware the image don´t work and now is the opposite
you can help me with the problem of my head tracking???
Sorry for my english

Thanks in advise
2016-11-14
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Has anyone tried them with Litchi yet?

Mark G.
2016-11-14
Use props