Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GO suddenly unresponsive; same version
789 5 2016-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
youngskyculler
lvl.1

United States

Everything has been running smoothly for a few weeks.  I always have updates disabled, so the app and firmware versions should be the same as they were on all my previous flights.  Today the app started locking up right after launching it.  When this happens it also slows down the whole system.  The OS reports that GO is unresponsive and offers to kill it.  I've rebooted the phone, reset the app storage & cache.  Nothing I've tried helps.  After several launch+kill attempts it will run fine until I have to stop it again.  

Note that when I'm done flying I disconnect USB, close GO, and reboot my phone (avoids premature phone battery death that occurs anytime GO has been resident).  Could the reboots have corrupted GO?  

(android version)

2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Please confirm your DJI Go app is the current version 2.5.1 .
2016-1-20
Use props
youngskyculler
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-20 02:09
Please confirm your DJI Go app is the current version 2.5.1 .

I realize you are very busy, and you don't get a lot of thanks, but I wish you would fully read and absorb posts before responding.

The version I was using at the time (2.4.3), is the same version that ran flawlessly for weeks.  I repeat, the version I was using at the time (2.4.3), is the same version that ran flawlessly for weeks.  Only in the past 2 days did it start locking up and becoming unresponsive.

What could explain a sudden rash of lockups and instability for a program that had been running fine for a significant period?  

I actually resolved my issue by uninstalling, deleting the /android/dji folder, and re-installing.  It works fine now.  I just wish I understood what could have gone wrong, in case it's something I did to cause it.
2016-1-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

youngskyculler Posted at 2016-1-21 10:54
I realize you are very busy, and you don't get a lot of thanks, but I wish you would fully read and ...

When you deleted and reinstalled, did you install 2.5.1?
Don't know why your 2.4.3 was lagging but glad it's working good for you now.
2016-1-20
Use props
youngskyculler
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-20 21:36
When you deleted and reinstalled, did you install 2.5.1?
Don't know why your 2.4.3 was lagging but ...

2.4.3 wasn't just lagging.  It froze.  Anyway, the re-install of 2.4.3 worked fine, and so did 2.5.1.
2016-1-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

youngskyculler Posted at 2016-1-23 06:27
2.4.3 wasn't just lagging.  It froze.  Anyway, the re-install of 2.4.3 worked fine, and so did 2.5 ...

Also, what Android device are you using, as the app gets updated it may take more processing power to work.
These are the devices that will work for sure.
iOS Version v2.5.1. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android Version v2.5.1. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules