Orientation icon lower left
841 4 2016-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74783 ft
United States

If the controller (iPad) and the aircraft are pointed in the same direction (forward), should the red arrow in the orientation area lower left be pointed exactly up?  I had not noticed this before (maybe it was the same) but mine is pointing about 20 degrees off.  In other words, if I turn the aircraft until the arrow points up and turn my controller to exactly face the aircraft, the arrow moves about 20 degrees.  
I recalibrated the compass with no change.  Maybe I misunderstand the function of this arrow but don't remember this offset before 2.5.1. I have already deleted and re-installed the app.  Any explanation or suggestions appreciated.

Regards,

Mike
2016-1-19
Use props
MJones
lvl.2
United States

OK, after an hour of scouring the net and tests to confirm, I have the answer.  THE IPAD CASE WITH A MAGNETIC FLAP TO TURN IT OFF WHEN COSED !!!!!!!

DO NOT MOUNT THE IPAD WITH ANY MAGNETIC CASE!!!

Regards,

Mike
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Have you tried that with other devices ?
2016-1-20
Use props
MJones
lvl.2
United States

No, I only have the iPad mini 4 so no other devices to try. See my recent Inspire thread post.  Others have seen this as well.

Regards,

Mike
2016-1-20
Use props
solsystem7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6550331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe someone can answer this for me. When departing away from the home point when viewing on the cached map, I notice a green line which follows P3 outwards from the home point. If I turn the P3 180 degrees and fly back down this line it will take me back to my home point. How can I make sure my controller is facing the P3 when it is flying away or towards me using the cached map? I notice if I unlock the map, it will move depending on which direction I am facing, but how can I know where the P3 is in relation to the controller ? THanks
2016-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules