Gopro 4 and Phantom 2 fpv please help.
2402 8 2015-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RyanConnor16
lvl.1

United States

I bought a gopro 4 (black) and i have a phantom 2. I bought plug n play chords, took the top off the quad and installed all the chords. hooked the cam up to the port, plugged it to the gimbal. I have a H33D Gimbal and i plugged the usb/ video port into it and i made sure it is on NTSC. I have a black pearl monitor i bought as well. I turned that on Band e, and channel one and i get a bunch of static and i see lines go down the screen but i cant make out anything coming from the gopro. The transmitter i used is an Immersion Rc 600mw and it is hooked up with the antenna on. I see a red light and antennas on the Black Pearl are also on. Im sorry if i worded this wrong. Someone please help. I will also add a video of what it looks like. I have it all non assembled until i get it to work obviously. =
https://vid.me/H2CF

2015-1-1
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

hate to state the obvious, was the gopro turned on?   I have the Immersion RC fat shark as well and it it we a bit of time to get the correct channel.
2015-1-1
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

hey bud, just watch your video posted.  A quick question for you, I did not notice if you had an antenna screwed into the transmitter.  If you powered up the phantom without having an antenna screwed into the transmitter you might be crap out of luck.  the transmitter with burn itself out in a few seconds.
2015-1-1
Use props
RyanConnor16
lvl.1

United States

smcbrearty@roge Posted at 2015-1-2 08:51
hey bud, just watch your video posted.  A quick question for you, I did not notice if you had an ant ...

sorry you couldnt see it. it was on.  Any more help?
2015-1-1
Use props
RyanConnor16
lvl.1

United States

Anyone else help please? I spent plenty money on this and i know all of you have as well, i just want to figure this out.
2015-1-1
Use props
RyanConnor16
lvl.1

United States

i swapped out the usb ribbon cable and still no luck. Guys please give me some suggestions?
2015-1-1
Use props
RyanConnor16
lvl.1

United States

bumpp please help someone.
2015-1-2
Use props
RyanConnor16
lvl.1

United States

everyone. this is an update. Gopro 4 does work for Fpv on the PHANTOM 2 . I have the black pearl. You switch the 2 dip switches off and the other 2 on (The transmitter), set the monitor to Band f Channel 4. Make sure that the gopro has the ribbon cable plugged into it and its on. Dont use the plug n play adapter offline.... Its a piece of sh**. Just solder the wires from the transmitter to the cables on the drone for the cam port, you don't even need a soldering iron. Just wrap the wires together and then wrap wire solder around it and use a lighter, if done correctly it will look nice. Then just use shrink tube or electrical tape and push it up the hole on the leg of the phantom. Bam, everyone on this forum this goes to you and the false rumors being spread. THE GOPRO 4 BLACK DOES INDEED WORK FOR FPV ON THE BLACKPEARL MONITOR AND THE IMMERSION RC 600 MW TRANSMITTER. Thanks, - Ryan.

(Dont talk to customer support, they don't help with anything...)
2015-1-2
Use props
Rodimus Prime
lvl.2

China

Good job, you solved the problem on your own. Still recommend using proper soldering tools though.
2015-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules