My phantom 2 visison battery is hard to get out need help?
3852 23 2015-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sunny1994
lvl.2

United States

My phantom 2 vision battery is hard to get out need help? I have had the phantom for a few days now and flown about five time and the thing is amazing. The only problem is the battery is realy hard to get out.

2015-1-1
Use props
birdfolk
lvl.3

United States

I use Vaseline for just about everything... but watch out---don't drop it in the sand!
2015-1-1
Use props
gnixon
lvl.4

United States

sunny, i had the same problem (i actually popped the end of the battery off the first time i tried to pull it out it was so tight).  after about 10 or 12 flights (and charging in between more than half of those), i notice it getting easier and easier.  my guess would be that after a few weeks or months it will wear to the proper friction level but thats what im hoping for at least.
2015-1-1
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

take the front props off and rest the arms downward on a surface. Grasp the battery with both hands using thumb and index fingers on the latch area.  Resting the outer edge of you hands on the rear arms just ease/roll them and the battery removal is easily accomplished without throwing it across the room.
Cheers!
Rod
2015-1-1
Use props
sunny1994
lvl.2

United States

birdfolk@dishma Posted at 2015-1-2 09:32
I use Vaseline for just about everything... but watch out---don't drop it in the sand!

Birdfolk what part of the battery did you put the vaseline and how much? Thanks.
2015-1-1
Use props
huntarr
lvl.2

United States

Putting substances on your battery plugs can cause residue build up. Be warned
Over time the leads will be easier to remove. New phantoms enjoy the snug fit.
2015-1-1
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

here is a video of the method I described earlier. (not my video by the way)  
cheers
rod
2015-1-1
Use props
sunny1994
lvl.2

United States

Thanks birdfolk I put a tiny amount of vaseline on the two groves on the back of the battery and now no problem.
2015-1-1
Use props
sunny1994
lvl.2

United States

rod@voxvideopro Posted at 2015-1-2 10:37
here is a video of the method I described earlier. (not my video by the way)  https://www.youtube.co ...

Thanks rod I tried that before using the vaseline and I thought I was going to break my quad the battery was so tight. So I put a tiny amount of vaseling on the two groves on the back of the battery and now your idea works like a charm thanks.
2015-1-1
Use props
birdfolk
lvl.3

United States

Plastic wax/cleaner works too.  Just on the plastic parts you think are binding. Keep it off the grip.
2015-1-1
Use props
tomwolves585
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

I use "Plumber's Grease" you can get it at a plumbing store.It is safe to use on plastic rubber as this is what it is made for. Use very little and it works swell.
2015-1-1
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

here is a video of the method I described earlier. (not my video by the way)  https://www.youtube.co ...

Rod, that's the method I use and recommend!  I initially grumbled about how hard it was to remove the batteries and would put teflon spray on the slots in the back and that made them slide out with ease -- TOO easy, in fact!  Not something you want to happen while the Phantom is flying around.
2015-1-2
Use props
gsp171
lvl.3

United States

it gets easier over time
2015-1-2
Use props
Pmcdn2014
lvl.2
Flight distance : 772959 ft
United States

The method demonstrated in this video is fantastic.  It is by far the easiest way to remove the battery safely.   It's a piece of cake!
2015-1-2
Use props
c7fxgm
lvl.1

United States

I used Honda wax cleaner or pledge. focus on the two notches at the end that go the deepest into the copter. Works like a charm. I wish I knew the first time I pushed the battery in. I almost ruined the thing trying to get it out
2015-1-3
Use props
drone
lvl.4

United States

I use the 2 handed back of the hands against the copters arms method also. Getting the battery out is a piece of cake. No grease needed DJI should put this in their manual. Before I learned this I used to struggle trying to get the battery out.
2015-1-5
Use props
gnixon
lvl.4

United States

would love to but doesnt work so well with prop guards on
2015-1-5
Use props
drone
lvl.4

United States

Never thought of that.
2015-1-6
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

gnixon@comporiu Posted at 2015-1-6 13:51
would love to but doesnt work so well with prop guards on

Why does that matter? just keep it flat on a surface and apply the two handed "squeeze and roll" technique. Actually mine has prop guards and I rest the bird on the front ones to perform battery removal- I can't see a problem.
2015-1-6
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

i tried rod (and ill try again if you are able to maybe im just positioning wrong) but my hands and arms dont seem to fit in between enough to get the leverage.  thanks for the response.
2015-1-6
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-1-7 13:18
i tried rod (and ill try again if you are able to maybe im just positioning wrong) but my hands and  ...

Ah ! I have just noticed I have modified the action slightly  to accommodate the guards. Try this:
If you put your hands together as if praying, then put them between the guards and perform the squeeze/ roll using the outside of you hands on the two rear motor arms it works perfectly.  Give it a try.
Cheers!
Rod
2015-1-6
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

worked great, thanks rod!  overall that was a fantastic suggestion, i was pulling so hard before with one hand that i pulled the end of the battery off once already and had to put it back together.  this way is so much better.
2015-1-7
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-1-7 20:43
worked great, thanks rod!  overall that was a fantastic suggestion, i was pulling so hard before wit ...

Hehe! glad to have helped.  My first battery removal resulted in the battery flying without the phantom - straight across the room!
Cheers!
Rod
2015-1-7
Use props
jenseser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11380554 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got my new Phantom 2 v2.0 2 days ago and have the same problem with exiting the battery. But, in my case it's so extreme that the vaseline advise does not work at all. Even worse, I am seriously afraid to damage the Phantom.

I hope this battery detaching process will become better by time as mentioned before by others.
2015-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules