Camera POV
2928 20 2015-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gnixon
lvl.4

United States

i thought i had read somewhere that the camera POV angle (on the round camera for the P2V) could be altered to three values (like 80, 100, 120 or something like that).  i can tell mine is set above 90 based upon the fishbowl effect.  i dont see the option in either the iphone vision app or in the assistant software.  anyone have a suggestion?
2015-1-1
Use props
RyanConnor16
lvl.1

United States

i know you can on the gopro easily, most likely its in the settings?
2015-1-1
Use props
gnixon
lvl.4

United States

maybe i read it for the p2v+ and it isnt an option for the p2v non-plus.  ive really looked hard but cannot find in settings.  if someone knows better, id really appreciate it.
2015-1-1
Use props
momochi
lvl.2

United States

The camera settings for the Vision + are in the APP. The settings for the P2V is the GoPro unit itself.
2015-1-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Open your DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.6, click on ADVANCED and GIMBAL. You will find the angles there that you can change.
2015-1-1
Use props
gnixon
lvl.4

United States

it is  not there gerry:

and remember, this is the one screen that if i connect the phantom and turn it on, this screen changes from what you see there to the one with 1000/-1000 that i showed you the other day.  

so i dont think my model will let you alter the POV setting as far as i can tell.
here is the screen AFTER you plug in the phantom:

2015-1-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

That's right, I forget.  me bad.  My brain must be hardening up from old age, or Al Heimer beat me up today.
2015-1-1
Use props
gnixon
lvl.4

United States

no problem gerry, you've been so helpful around here that DJI should pay you for support assistance.  I submitted the following to their support site.  it is pretty disappointing that their specs page clearly says this round camera will do 3 different POVs and i cannot for the life of me find where to alter that setting:

Products: Phantom 2 Vision with Extra Battery
Name: GREG NIXON
Dealers: DJI
Subject: Camera POV
Message: The specs page of the Phantom 2 Vision states that the camera POV can be adjusted to three positions (120°/ 110°/ 85°), however, the Vision Assistant software page that controls the gimbal (Advanced->Gimbal tab) does not have an adjustment for that setting. I can also not find the setting adjustment in the iPhone Vision App.

Here are the two screenshots that the assistant software has (one of them is before you hook up the craft to the PC and the other is after you hook it up). I'm unsure why the screen would change when I connect the craft (as that seems like a bug of some kind), but either way I cannot locate the setting for camera POV:

Here is a screenshot of before connecting the craft (notice NO camera POV setting):

Here is a screenshot of after connecting the craft (notice NO camera POV setting here either):

Please advise, I really would like to be able to adjust my camera POV and your website clearly states this is possible on the P2V specs page here:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/spec
2015-1-2
Use props
csauer52
lvl.1

United States

My gimbal tab disappears entirely when I connect the craft to the application. Bug?
I'm connecting a P2V+.
2015-1-2
Use props
gnixon
lvl.4

United States

yes, i believe it is a bug.  as you'll see in another thread today, i have submitted a support ticket to DJI and will certainly post up here their response.  this cannot be intended functionality imho.
2015-1-2
Use props
Rodimus Prime
lvl.2

China

Have you checked out the App, and see whether the FOV options are selectable from video resolution.
2015-1-4
Use props
gnixon
lvl.4

United States

ill check it out again rodimus, thx for the suggestion.  last i recall, only fps and res were on the dial on that screen but ill defn check it out.
2015-1-4
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The FOV settings are in the Vision app, and all is explained on page 47 of the latest Vision manual....
2015-1-4
Use props
gnixon
lvl.4

United States

thanks john, i see the right hand slider now, i only noticed the left hand slider to begin with.  thanks for the info, much appreciated everyone.  dji is lucky to have such a great community here helping solve their users' problems.
2015-1-4
Use props
gnixon
lvl.4

United States

yes, i see it there.  it is graphical (narrow, wider, widest) not an actual figure (85/110/120).  but very glad i am able to adjust it now.  thanks again!
2015-1-4
Use props
kenrulestheworl
lvl.2

United States

Any chance of someone posting a screen shot of where it is? POV= Point of view, FOV=Field of view. I want the FOV.
2015-1-4
Use props
gnixon
lvl.4

United States

sure thing...

first go into the app and in the settings (left side) click video resolution:

then there are TWO sliders, one that is more obvious for the res (1080p, 720p, etc) and the second side (right side) of that same slider/wheel has the FOV:

2015-1-4
Use props
kenrulestheworl
lvl.2

United States

Thanks so much, I have been there, but not seen that.

Can I expect to reduce the fisheye with the narrowest setting?

I am OK with the camera output, but I would be more OK if it had less fisheye.
2015-1-4
Use props
gnixon
lvl.4

United States

yes, the narrow setting does reduce fisheye dramatically but it cuts down on some of the visibility of course.  i tested the camera out with all three and you can certainly tell a difference.  
2015-1-4
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

gnixon@comporiu Posted at 2015-1-5 07:29
yes, the narrow setting does reduce fisheye dramatically but it cuts down on some of the visibility  ...

Hi, bear in mind that the apparently narrower angle is really only a crop of the wide angle view and will be lower resolution. The phantoms are all fixed focal length unfortunately.  ( but when they bring out the vision+4 who knows????)
2015-1-4
Use props
gnixon
lvl.4

United States

rod, can you explain that?

the OP in this thread said he recorded this vod at 1080p and minimal fov, the result didnt seem to have lower rez:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ensboro&lang=en

2015-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules