Relaxing video of Tutbury Castle, England
754 2 2016-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
prescottc
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

If you are interested in fortifications, castles etc then you may be interested in my DJI Phantom video floating around Tutbury Castle, which is where I grew up in England.

This was the first time I ever used the Point of Interest feature and also the Return to Home feature. Worked beautifully.

I'm still worried about flying the drone too low - I need far more experience to do that safely I think. I don't want to trash my fantastic and brand new DJI Phantom Pro quite yet..!

There have been fortifications at this naturally defensive position for thousands of years. It was once one of the most important castles in England and has been home to Kings and prison to Mary Queen of Scots. It was destroyed in the English Civil War some 370 years ago.

http://youtu.be/tEuX6EhCnwQ
2016-1-20
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Looks good.  I'd not recommend flying over a built-up area though.  If it comes down, you could be in for some serious grief.
2016-1-20
Use props
prescottc
lvl.1

United Kingdom

nigelw Posted at 2016-1-20 22:18
Looks good.  I'd not recommend flying over a built-up area though.  If it comes down, you could be i ...

Thanks.

No, I definitely wouldn't recommend flying over built-up areas. It is very important to follow the CAA guidance when flying the Phantom 3 or any drone in the UK, namely:

* Fly over or within 150m (492 ft) of a congested area
* Fly over or within 150m (492 ft) of an organised open-air assembly of more than 1,000 persons
* Fly within 50m (164 ft) of any vessel, vehicle or structure which is not under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft
* Fly within 50m (164 ft) of any person
2016-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules