Flight record bug?
2176 12 2016-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

When I open my flight record in DJI GO, the home page correctly displays my name and avatar at the top left.  It also has a right arrow to change the icon to a picture of a P3A (correct aircraft type that I logged in with) with a scrolling "choose a name for your inspire".  I don't have an Inspire so I don't know why that is there.

home.jpg

If I actually go and review one of my flight records, it only shows the second icon with the scrolling text.  I can't find anywhere to change or customise it.  Is this a bug?  Does anyone know how to modify this?

2016-1-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine has several different names. If you have never had another aircraft connected and only have one account it should only be your name and icon. I don't think you can delete any of the other ones.
I have about 10 different aircraft on mine, if I wanted one deleted I don't think I can.
2016-1-20
Use props
endotherm
First Officer

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-21 07:39
Mine has several different names. If you have never had another aircraft connected and only have one ...

Thanks, I've never had another aircraft connected so that's why I thought it was a bug.

I've installed the GO app on other iPads and done a cloud sync of all my data, and the new ipads also show the same mess.  I assume the data that is saved to the cloud also contains the corruption.
2016-1-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

endotherm Posted at 2016-1-22 20:17
Thanks, I've never had another aircraft connected so that's why I thought it was a bug.

I've inst ...

Can you post a screenshot and I'll show it to a tech
2016-1-22
Use props
endotherm
First Officer

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-23 01:44

There are a couple of inline photos in the first message, if they aren't enough I can grab some more.
2016-1-22
Use props
endotherm
First Officer

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-23 01:44

Did the techs look at this and were they able to determine what has gone wrong?
2016-2-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

endotherm Posted at 2016-2-6 08:06
Did the techs look at this and were they able to determine what has gone wrong?

I'm sorry, I overlooked this and will have an answer next week.
2016-2-6
Use props
endotherm
First Officer

Australia

I just had a play with the Healthy Drones website, analyzing flight records etc.  When I uploaded my flight records, it reported the attached details.  It also thinks the name is "inspire" despite correctly identifying it as a P3 Advanced.  It looks like the name is "hardwired" into my aircraft and is saved to my logs.  Hopefully that information is of some help to the techs as well.
HD.jpg
2016-2-7
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

As far as I know, you cannot name or rename a new aircraft once its maiden flight is associated with your DJI login. I have posted on another place on this website the need for a modification to the DJI Go software and the associated database to allow for this.
2016-2-8
Use props
endotherm
First Officer

Australia

I uploaded all my flight records to Healthy Drones and it revealed there are two aircraft in my records.  It is showing the second as a Default Generic Drone, with no internal serial number etc.   I examined the records and it seems there were three random flights, definitely mine, that were identified as generic.  The duration of these flights seems instantaneous, showing up as just a dot on the map, making me think the power was interrupted or something while the record was being created.  (I could have tried powering up a new battery and immediately switched it off?)  Maybe the drone did not have time to write out the craft ID serial number etc.?   The fact that there seem to be two different aircraft apparent to Healthy Drones, maybe that accounts for why my flight records on DJI are showing two aircraft?
generic.jpg
2016-2-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

endotherm Posted at 2016-2-9 00:29
I uploaded all my flight records to Healthy Drones and it revealed there are two aircraft in my reco ...

records like that should show up in the app under "Recovered Data". If you use the right arrow, that tab has flight records that may have had an error.
2016-2-8
Use props
endotherm
First Officer

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-9 04:09
records like that should show up in the app under "Recovered Data". If you use the right arrow, th ...

I can't find that anywhere in the app.

The three records seem to be valid flights and they are listed just like the other records.  I replayed them and turned on the joystick overlay.  Each flight was manually started as a CSC (tips: shows RC assisted takeoff) followed within a few seconds with a shutdown via CSC or in one case a left stick down.  These short flights seem not to have imprinted the aircraft identity into the flight record.

Here are the records if the techs want to look at them from my account, or I can attach them as a PM if necessary.

These are the recorded flights for this drone:

Flight        Air Time
1        Oct 2nd, 2015 6:01PM        00m 00s
2        Sep 28th, 2015 3:58PM        00m 00s
3        Sep 26th, 2015 1:22PM        00m 00s

The other weird thing is that if I play back one of these short files, when I select any other record afterwards, the screen icon changes just once to my avatar with "choose a name for your inspire".  It reverts to the P3A icon for subsequent records.

So it seems that the records are valid, but there is a bug in the  software that doesn't write the identity if the flight is too short.

2016-2-8
Use props
endotherm
First Officer

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-9 03:09
records like that should show up in the app under "Recovered Data". If you use the right arrow, th ...

Hey Ken, was there ever a follow-up on this?  Were the techs able to figure it out?  I posted some more observations since but never got a further response.  Thanks.
2016-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules