Inspire 1 doesn't start to upgrade
5252 32 2016-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
diego
lvl.1

Belgium

Hi there,

My bird (inspire 1) doesn't want to start upgrade.

firmware versions are:
App 2.5.1
Aircraft 1.2.1.06
RC 1.5.70

I've put in an freshly formatted (FAT32) SDcard, with only the firmware v1.3 .bin file on it.
RC switched off and turned the bird on...
So, he starts the self-check-booting-thing-gimbal-moving-blinking-all-colors-and-sounds. After this procedure he blinks yellow only (fast)... No D-D-D-D-beeps...
And no upgrading, even no .txt file on the SDcard.

Has anyone a tip to trigger the upgrade-proces?

I've tried all the firmware versions available on the dji-website, without result...

Thanks for your help!

2016-1-21
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Try a different SD card.  Preferebly the one that came with your Inspire.  ( Also, why aren't  you loading 1.6 update?  you don't have to do it in order ) EDIT : APPARENTLY YOU DO IF YOU HAVE VERSSION 1.2  
   I just did mine yesterday.  Make sure battery is Full as well , or near full.

Also just to be sure:  Bird is off.................Now install Formatted sd card with Bin file Only!................................NOW turn Bird on.

Also if you can,  format the SD card with the Transmitter "camera settings" menu.

Cheers- Donnie
2016-1-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you using a class 10 SD? Since you are on 1.2 you need to install 1.3, then you can jump to 1.6
And are you letting the aircraft sit long enough, can take 25-30 minutes to update.
When you power up the aircraft, the controller is turned off correct? And it should make a series of beeps then about 30 seconds to a minuted later it should start the firmware update and the gimbal light should alternate Red/Green and the beeping will sound like D-DD,  D-DD, D-DD and so on. When finished (20-20 minutes) it should beep continuously and the gimbal light will be solid green, the sound will be DDDD, DDDD, DDDD and so on.
Then you can read the TXT file.
Hope it works.
2016-1-21
Use props
diego
lvl.1

Belgium

Yes, I 've tried several SD cards (all class 10). Nicely FAT32 formatted.
I left it four hours (without remote controller on), hoping it will upgrade but unfortunately it doesn't.
My gimbal does not have a light... the yellow fast flashes are from the led on the rear of the bird (signal loss as the manual says-should be normal)

The weird thing is... My it creates a DCIM-folder on the SD card... but no .TXT file
It seems it skips or doesn't read the SDcard.

Is there a way to use an external card reader?

Thanks anyway...
2016-1-21
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

diego@cucu.be Posted at 2016-1-21 13:46
I left it four hours (wit ...

I am just throwing this out there.  Could you take off the camera and re mount it.  Maybe a loose contact point.  ( I know I am reaching here )

Best of Luck- Donnie
2016-1-21
Use props
Uncharted
lvl.1

United States

If you're extracting a file in Windows, right click the zip first, hit properties and hit unblock then OK.  Then extract the file and put it on the flash drive.  I'm having the identical issue here but now I'm getting a txt file that says

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:06 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.06.00.40.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

I'm now doing the same with firmware WM610_FW_V01.03.00.00.bin and it's been 15 minutes now although I've heard no beeping and my light is flashing yellow consistently.  

The problem is that I also hear noise and I don't know if it's doing anything.  Those logs indicate the firmware is shutting down 6 seconds after attempting to flash if I'm reading it right.

The noise sounds like a 2.5" 10K RPM SAS drive with plenty of activity...  if you've ever heard one of those..  if not it sounds like a loud laptop drive with a lot of activity.  I flash my fair share of firmware so I'm R E A L L Y hesitent to stop it from doing whatever its doing.

Sorry to hijack the thread.    Hopefully the *unblocking* the file bit helps.
2016-1-21
Use props
Uncharted
lvl.1

United States

Mine says 'no signal' all the time now but it will go in and out of travel mode.  The blue light turned on and off when I exit/enter travel mode or it did at least once..  No sure if it's consistent, I'm giving up for the night.
2016-1-21
Use props
mrnvldz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5256 ft
United States

diego@cucu.be Posted at 2016-1-22 03:46
I left it four hours (wit ...

Hey Diego, are you using pc or mac?
I have the same problem with my inspire and phantom, I'm a mac user and the problem was that every time I download the firmware from the dji website to my downloads folder the file was named with a number at the end of the file like -4 and then -5 and -6 , every time I download it the number increase and the inspire or phantom didn't detected the firmware, so what I did was to clear my downloads folder from all the firmwares I downloaded before and once again download it one more time, since there were no other firmwares on the folder this firmware had the correct name and viola!!! , when I inserted the micro sd card and power the inspire it works... Good luck and let us know.
2016-1-23
Use props
diego
lvl.1

Belgium

Thank you all for your help but unfortunately no solution so far...

Donnie, I've tried everything, remount/mount the camera, unplug/plug the flatcables,...

1 out of 10 times, the Inspire 1 starts updating. But the bastard stops beeping after approx 5 minutes... With no message in the .txt-file. Even if I left the bird for more than 4 hours "switched on" ... GRRR!

Packet: WM610_FW_V01.03.00.00.bin
Upgrading ...

Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:08 remo-con disconnect======
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:07 remo-con disconnect======
Upgrading ...

Has somebody a golden tip or solution, please let me know... Otherwise I'm afraid this bird ends in the rubbish bin    
Hello... DJI?  

2016-1-23
Use props
paska.sonic
New

Ireland

I have the same problem ... when you turn on remote adn look on status it shows that the MC fail and that gimbal doesnt have conection to main board ... and when you turn on inspire ESC starts beep constantly like there wouldnt be any connection with flight controler ... please help me too because Im getting worried ...
2016-1-24
Use props
rickesco
New

United States

paska.sonic Posted at 2016-1-24 05:01
I have the same problem ... when you turn on remote adn look on status it shows that the MC fail and ...

I'm also having the same problem. It just sits there and beeps.
2016-1-25
Use props
rickesco
New

United States

rickesco@gmail. Posted at 2016-1-25 12:33
I'm also having the same problem. It just sits there and beeps.

Well I solved the problem. Here is what I did.
I formatted the SD card and placed a fresh copy of the BIN file. I placed it in the camera and with the radio off I started it up. It was still doing the same thing (Beeping and yellow light flashing) I let it sit there and after approx 40 minutes it stopped beeping, the camera went back to front view and the FW started to upgrade. After 25 minutes or so the FW finished upgrading and the Inspire is back. Don't know what happened but I think since the radio was on it hosed everything up. Back to flying... Hope this will help.
2016-1-25
Use props
Wright Bob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119272 ft
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-1-21 03:44
Try a different SD card.  Preferebly the one that came with your Inspire.  ( Also, why aren't  you l ...

I also am totally stuck.  I have followed all procedures but can not hear any of the beeping sounds.  Tried two different cards. reattached the camera , a second new card download.  I need help
2016-1-26
Use props
paska.sonic
New

Ireland

rickesco@gmail. Posted at 2016-1-26 03:26
I formatted the SD card and placed a fresh copy of t ...

Ok Im trying the same now ... will see it helps or not
2016-1-26
Use props
paska.sonic
New

Ireland

rickesco@gmail. Posted at 2016-1-26 03:26

This thin worked Just need to turn it on and let to beep and after 5-10 min it stooped beeping and started updating Thnks for the advice !!!!
2016-1-26
Use props
rickesco
New

United States

paska.sonic Posted at 2016-1-26 06:09
This thin worked  Just need to turn it on and let to beep and after 5-10 min it stooped beeping  ...

Glad it worked.!!!!
2016-1-26
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

diego@cucu.be Posted at 2016-1-24 00:56
Thank you all for your help but unfortunately no solution so far...

Try and download it from a different computer and a fresh SD card.  I'm really sorry you're having this problem. Best of luck to you.
* make sure the transmitter is off.

*. Make sure you load the bin file only. The aircraft is off when you load the SD card and then turn it on.

* make sure you are updating the proper inspire file. Believe it or not people try and load the phantom three professional file not realizing there is one for the inspire.

Cheers Donnie
2016-1-26
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Wright Bob Posted at 2016-1-26 02:08
I also am totally stuck.  I have followed all procedures but can not hear any of the beeping sound ...

Make sure the aircraft is off and the transmitter is off. Now load the SD card with the proper bin file installed only.  Now turn on the aircraft and hopefully the download will begin.

Cheers- Donnie
2016-1-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rickesco@gmail. Posted at 2016-1-26 11:26

Yes, you cannot update the firmware in the aircraft with the radio on.
2016-1-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Wright Bob Posted at 2016-1-26 16:08
I also am totally stuck.  I have followed all procedures but can not hear any of the beeping sound ...

Have you watch the firmware update tutorial videos in the app, they should help you.
If you can make a video of what's happening, I can help you.
2016-1-26
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-26 12:18
you cannot update the firmware in the aircraft with the radio on.

Yes, This is the correct way.  People get used to turning on the transmitter first, so it just seems natural to do that when updating.
2016-1-26
Use props
Uncharted
lvl.1

United States

FYI, my issue was a google nexus 7.  I got an ipad 3 mini today, plugged it in, updated both controllers and DJI Go saw the bird was already up to date.  

On the nexus 7 nothing would report correctly.  The reported firmware on the nexus 7 was different every time I plugged it in.  
2016-1-28
Use props
Ananda4h20
lvl.1

France

Hello, i have the same Issue. I am trying to upgrade to the v1.10.1.40 and nothing is starting. Just blinking yellow and waiting for me to turn the transmitter on. I tried two fresh cards formatted with the DJI Go App. But nothing. I've done a several upgrades with no problem but here i am with no way to upgrade this on... help me please....

2017-1-8
Use props
ICU
lvl.1

United States

Same problem here. I haven't touched my inspire for many months. This morning I thought I would take it for a spin. I charged my batteries which were stored properly, downloaded the latest version on DJI website (Inspire 1 Firmware v01.10.01.40 (X3) 2016-12-15) on a freshly formatted SD card (correct class) and did as I did so many times since I own the inspire 1 v1.0 (since April 2015). But this time, it beeps briefly when calibrating the gimbal and then no sound and yell fast blinking. Never had this problem before. Anyone got a suggestion. Note that rickesco's solution does not apply to me as I know to not run the rc on when upgrading, and that there is no sound. that's what concerns me.
2017-2-5
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

ICU Posted at 2017-2-5 08:12
Same problem here. I haven't touched my inspire for many months. This morning I thought I would take it for a spin. I charged my batteries which were stored properly, downloaded the latest version on DJI website (Inspire 1 Firmware v01.10.01.40 (X3) 2016-12-15) on a freshly formatted SD card (correct class) and did as I did so many times since I own the inspire 1 v1.0 (since April 2015). But this time, it beeps briefly when calibrating the gimbal and then no sound and yell fast blinking. Never had this problem before. Anyone got a suggestion. Note that rickesco's solution does not apply to me as I know to not run the rc on when upgrading, and that there is no sound. that's what concerns me.

Ok, what did the SD card say after you tried to update, "success".  Or " Abort : or "Fail "  this will give use some hint what it could be , read my tips page below it may help.  Be sure you  DO NOT UPDATE THE RC TRANSMITTER BEFORE THE AIRCRAFT, this will open a huge can of worms.
Perhaps try  a different SD card , Format the SD card on the aircraft if you still  have communication .  
You are loading the SD with the bin file only correct to the aircraft THEN YOU TURN on the aircraft .  Just a friendly reminder of the order .  
Make sure you are loading the Bin file and you are not loading it as a Zip file ,  try another computer if you can preferebly a PC.  Not a MAC

See if my tips page helps you .

http://forum.dji.com/thread-72851-1-1.html
donnie

2017-2-5
Use props
ICU
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for trying to help, I started a new thread specific to my issue with as much as information I could provide. much appreciated!
https://forum.dji.com/thread-83763-1-1.html
2017-2-5
Use props
ICU
lvl.1

United States

Damn it, I opened the can of worms,
2017-2-5
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

ICU Posted at 2017-2-5 11:04
Damn it, I opened the can of worms,

You sure did .....
2017-2-5
Use props
fans7f9bf016
lvl.2
Flight distance : 655279 ft
  • >>>
United States

I upgraded my remote and now its telling me there is an update for the aircraft. How do I unwork the can? Step down the remote to the previous firmware?
2017-2-6
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

fans7f9bf016 Posted at 2017-2-6 11:59
I upgraded my remote and now its telling me there is an update for the aircraft. How do I unwork the can? Step down the remote to the previous firmware?

Yes rollback the RC to the previous firmware, if you have not connected to the aircraft you will be fine ..  Just don't try to connect !!!! ( video below to rollback RC ).

Then after you rollback to the previous FW  reestablish communication with the Aircraft and do the Aircraft first .  Please read my tips page as well.
If you rollback to the previous FW and the RC wont communicate with the AC you may need to Re link ( Not always ). Just make  sure you are on the corect version of FW on the RC before re linking.  If  are on the wrong one it wont work .  

Tips for loading NEW firmware to SD card and transmitter

donnie

If you need more help be sure to REPLY to my post or I wont see it.  

2017-2-7
Use props
fans7f9bf016
lvl.2
Flight distance : 655279 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-7 06:07
Yes rollback the RC to the previous firmware, if you have not connected to the aircraft you will be fine ..  Just don't try to connect !!!! ( video below to rollback RC ).

Then after you rollback to the previous FW  reestablish communication with the Aircraft and do the Aircraft first .  Please read my tips page as well.

Problem I have ran into is that I have now linked the previously slave remote as the master with the 1.6 FW. When I turn on the I1 with X5, the X5 wont initialize and blinks red. In the go app, it shows gimbal disconnected. I dont know how to get the aircraft to recognize the bin file on the SD card as it wont initialize the camera.
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans7f9bf016 Posted at 2017-2-7 14:02
Problem I have ran into is that I have now linked the previously slave remote as the master with the 1.6 FW. When I turn on the I1 with X5, the X5 wont initialize and blinks red. In the go app, it shows gimbal disconnected. I dont know how to get the aircraft to recognize the bin file on the SD card as it wont initialize the camera.

Just to clarify, what LED colors are you getting from the master and slave RC?
2017-2-7
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

fans7f9bf016 Posted at 2017-2-7 14:02

Why did you not just rollback the  original master RC to the previous FW and establish communication and start over ?  Why get the slave involved ?  

When you say you"Linked" the Slave  RC to the Aircraft  do you mean you went to remote control settings and Pushed the"Link " button and the Red button on the Aircraft ?  If so it would tell you if it was success.  
I think the camera wont initialize is because you may be stuck in travle mode , this will happen if you updated from older FW ( 1. 6 to I think 1.8  on AC ) and update the RC transmitter before the AC, I have seen it 50 times . Same result each time .

I would just get the Master RC rolled back to ( 1.6 if that is what is on the slave and worked before  )  Re link these two and Just start over.  Ifg 1.6 was on the slave and it worked with your system before the Master update that would mean the Ac is on version 1.8.1.00, just get the master back to 1.6.0 re link if necessary and start over .
Unless I am missing something , this should be fairly straightforward.

donnie

2017-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules