1091 15 2016-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patoco_b
New

Colombia

HI, please HELP HELP

i have bought a new p3 standard, then i started an upgrade
i do not what i did but the phantom just make a beep beep sound too loud!!
i have read topics about that people say that is upgrading but i do not think so, but the gimbal led is just green and must be flashig red and green
i have reset the sd card and i dont know how to download again

2016-1-21
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

From what I understand,  the Standard has to be upgraded through the app.

Try this,  delete the DJI GO app from your phone/tablet - this is to insure that there is not  partially downloaded firmware.

Re-install the app,   re-connect to the phantom.  Try again.

It does take a long time.  My standard took about 30 minutes to upgrade.  Beeping irritatingly almost the entire time.  Drove the dogs crazy.

Sid
2016-1-21
Use props
Regina_mike
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17844 ft
Canada

The upgrade takes a long while.    It will beep, and change beeping and LED's will flash,  the camera will move.  Even the Remote controller may flash and beep.   Mine took about 45 min to complete, beeping an annoying beep the whole way ( which changes a few times during the upgrade).   Be patient and it should complete.    You could possibly change to a different device if you have it to start the upgrade  (  I used an Ipad Air)

2016-1-21
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

you need to re install the firmware
2016-1-21
Use props
patoco_b
New

Colombia

hey guys, watch this video a see the rich sound i am talking about
2016-1-21
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree, uninstall GO reinstall, SD card may require a reformat.  But mine didnt take 30 minutes but it beeped like hell
2016-1-21
Use props
patoco_b
New

Colombia

but, how i do re install, if i erased the sd card?
the app does not show an upgrade option,
2016-1-21
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Delete the app from your device.  Make sure the entire Dji folder is deleted from your device.  Restart the device.  Re install the Dji-Go app.  Turn off the device.  Turn on the remote,  then the Phantom then the device.  Look for the Phantom wifi signal in the wireless settings on your device.  Connect to it.  It will tell you you need a firmware upgrade.  Select to do that.  Disconnect your device from the Phantom wifi and connect it to the internet.  The update will download to your device.  When it is finished,  disconnect your device from the internet.  Connect to the Phantom wifi signal.  Select to proceed with upgrade.  Leave the room and close the door behind you.  Stay away for about 30 to 45 minutes.  After that,  come back and your phantom will be upgraded.  Be sure to calibrate IMU and compass before flight.
2016-1-21
Use props
PhantomVooDoo
lvl.1

United States

Once you get the update to start up again be patient. So far I've seen no consistency on the time frame of the install. My son's P3 Standard took almost 40 minutes to complete. Mine took barely 15 minutes.
2016-1-21
Use props
patoco_b
New

Colombia

PhantomVooDoo Posted at 2016-1-21 16:04
Once you get the update to start up again be patient. So far I've seen no consistency on the time fr ...

BUT MY PROBLEM IS, I DO NOT KNOW IF THE BIN FILE IS CORRECT? OR CORRUPTED
2016-1-21
Use props
patoco_b
New

Colombia

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-1-21 15:27
Delete the app from your device.  Make sure the entire Dji folder is deleted from your device.  Rest ...

I have done everything, nothings occurs
2016-1-21
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

Call DJI Support and talk to them and let them walk you through over the phone
2016-1-21
Use props
PhantomVooDoo
lvl.1

United States

patoco_b Posted at 2016-1-21 17:56
BUT MY PROBLEM IS, I DO NOT KNOW IF THE BIN FILE IS CORRECT? OR CORRUPTED

Okay well first of all the Standard P3's run all updates through the app on your phone or tablet. The app will check with DJI to see if an update is available and it can do this before it connects to the flyer/controller using the mobile devices Internet connection. You've gone through this process once already. Now if it is a communications issue with the phone/tablet that could interfere with the update.  Kneepuck has advised a step by step. did you go this route?
2016-1-21
Use props
patoco_b
New

Colombia

PhantomVooDoo Posted at 2016-1-21 22:22
Okay well first of all the Standard P3's run all updates through the app on your phone or tablet. T ...

hi, sorry but I am a little newbie on this.
please send a link from Kneepuck to check it out
2016-1-22
Use props
PhantomVooDoo
lvl.1

United States

patoco_b Posted at 2016-1-22 08:02
hi, sorry but I am a little newbie on this.
please send a link from Kneepuck to check it out

Kneepuck's steps are just a few reply's up. Just read through a couple of times and then follow. The goal is to try and remove the app from your device and reinstall. That should re-establish communications to the aircraft and hopefully clear out any issue that could cause to update to fail.
Some have mentioned that the WiFi signal disconnects from the Phantom while it's updating. That could be the device trying to go back to a WiFi signal that has Internet connectivity. I my case the Samsung phone would jump back to my office WiFi signal and not reconnect to the Phantom signal. I had to tell the phone to "forget" all connections except the Phantom.
2016-1-22
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

When I bought my PS3s the first firmware upgrade took a very long time.  Was beeping and moving the gimbal like crazy for almost 40 minutes.  But it did in fact upgrade.If you are using a cell phone, my advise is to disconnect from other WiFi connections.  iPhone likes to auto connect to another WiFi and you will lose your connection to the Phantom during the upgrade process.
2016-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules