lvl.4

United States

Skip ahead to 4:40
2016-1-21
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Very interesting, but really inevitable.  Something like this gives a quad like the Phantom or similar much greater commercial viability and use.
2016-1-21
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

nrgwise Posted at 2016-1-21 19:23
Very interesting, but really inevitable.  Something like this gives a quad like the Phantom or simil ...

I posted it because people have been asking about thermal cameras etc.
2016-1-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

That guy is just plain offensive.
2016-1-21
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-21 19:34

How so?            
2016-1-21
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-21 19:34

I ignored him.  He was kind of 'off' in his presentation.
2016-1-21
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

We have a thermal camera for the Inspire.
2016-1-21
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

nrgwise Posted at 2016-1-21 19:39
I ignored him.  He was kind of 'off' in his presentation.

Hes not a drone guy.Hes a gun guy.
2016-1-21
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-22 00:34

Geebax have to agree
2016-1-21
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-1-21 19:43
Hes not a drone guy.Hes a gun guy.

I got that impression too.
2016-1-21
Use props
metronome
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48852 ft
United States

Elmer, are there any "varmits" ie. coyote, fox. bobcat, cougar, racoon, even the fierce possum that you won't waste....
Sorry, my Dad was a fly fisher, dove /quail hunter. I've hunted deer and hog. He taught to ride and shoot. We NEVER shot what we didn't EAT.
I see the U.S wilderness becoming "sterile" like most of Europe, all alpha predators, and many sub-predators eliminated.
We are human, and still don't understand our place in nature, we stand apart, alien to it's wisdom.

Wilderness, to me, means I can journey out and possibly be killed by something more adapted and in tune to it's environment than i. If that disappears, then it's all just pretty scenery....
2016-1-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-1-22 11:34
I posted it because people have been asking about thermal cameras etc.

It looks to be a Phantom modified for the thermal image camera. But I wonder about that gadget on the top of it, it looks to be sitting right on top of where the GPS receiver would be. I wonder if it would interfere with reception.
2016-1-21
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

metronome Posted at 2016-1-21 20:09
Elmer, are there any "varmits" ie. coyote, fox. bobcat, cougar, racoon, even the fierce possum that  ...

I wouldn't "waste" any of them unless they came within 300 feet of my house at which point they all will be "wasted".I have outside pets that mean more to me than any "varmit".This past summer i killed quite a few raccoons ,skunks,possums , groundhogs and a stray cat. I didnt have my gun ready for the fisher that went running up from my house when i got home for work or he would have been wasted too. Bird shot in the ass for the bear that was destroying my birdfeeders. Theres nothing "sterile"around my neck of the woods.
2016-1-21
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-21 20:41
It looks to be a Phantom modified for the thermal image camera. But I wonder about that gadget on  ...

Im going to use the WAG system and say that gadget is a battery charger and or power supply.. If you look closely you can see the power cord on the back side. They probably have it charging all the time because the camera is in use.
2016-1-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-1-22 13:16
Im going to use the WAG system and say that gadget is a battery charger and or power supply.. If yo ...

In other words, it is only there while it is on display? Could be.
2016-1-21
Use props
jobem
lvl.2

United States

"I can see a lot of possibilities for this. Let's say I want to look for a heard of pigs to kill."

Paraphrased. But he actually said that. Haha
2016-1-21
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-21 22:12
In other words, it is only there while it is on display? Could be.

Im only to assume.
2016-1-21
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

jobem Posted at 2016-1-21 22:17
"I can see a lot of possibilities for this. Let's say I want to look for a heard of pigs to kill."

lol                        
2016-1-21
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

I thought it was illegal to use this type of device to hunt?Problem is too many like the idiot in the video just like to kill for the "fun" of it.This is going to give a massively unfair advantage to hunters and potentially decimate species.

I just wish animals could return fire.  Then it'd be a "sport".

2016-1-21
Use props
RodB
lvl.2

Australia

They already got Flir cameras for Phantom 3 , if you can afford them .

http://www.riseabove.com.au/dron ... vue-for-installatio
2016-1-21
Use props
Ithacus
lvl.2

United States

It is illegal to use drones while hunting or preliminary scouting in nearly every state and most in Canada as well.............dime needs to be dropped to his local authorities
2016-1-21
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-1-21 22:54
I thought it was illegal to use this type of device to hunt?Problem is too many like the idiot in th ...

Youre the idiot because you dont know what pigs hes referring to and you dont know what a nuisance coyotes are.
2016-1-21
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Ithacus Posted at 2016-1-22 00:31
It is illegal to use drones while hunting or preliminary scouting in nearly every state and most in  ...

2015-16 FURBEARER HUNTING SEASONS
COYOTES: No closed season. Unlimited. Outside of any big game season (deer, bear, elk and turkey), coyotes may be taken with a hunting license or a furtaker license, and without wearing orange. During any big game season, coyotes may be taken while lawfully hunting big game or with a furtaker license.

You think theyre gonna give a crap if you hunt them with a drone? I doubt it.
2016-1-21
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I put a small Flir camera on a DJI 550. Not so good resolution, but should be enough to see road hurt game or a missing person if not flying too high.
2016-1-21
Use props
Ithacus
lvl.2

United States

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-1-22 00:50
2015-16 FURBEARER HUNTING SEASONS
COYOTES: No closed season. Unlimited. Outside of any big game se ...

I  missed it the first watch......key words being, he said, "on my property". Granted, I think every state has hunting exemptions whereas no license is required if land area acreage fits guidelines and is owned, farmed or leased by the person hunting, further, it may be assumed that drone use can be used because an airplane may be used in those same instances. But the fact that UAVs are Federally regulated and there are no Federal or State adjudicated findings setting precedents, it probably is only a mater of time before an instance goes before the courts.
2016-1-21
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Only in America...
2016-1-22
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

Man, I wish I had that baby the last time I killed a herd of pigs.  OMG, that made me LOL.
2016-1-22
Use props
snowsurferss
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-1-21 17:42

Awesome! That would be a huge help for Search and Rescue crews,  I was a part of a crew in Utah years back and that camera could save lives, very difficult to find lost people in the canyons.
2016-1-25
Use props
Samadams467
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-1-22 08:42

Really? Total setup, what would the inspire, thermal camera cost with 3 spare batteries? Whats the thermal camera name?
2016-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules