Hobby Town USA
2376 18 2016-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
metronome
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48852 ft
United States

I am in Dallas-Ft. Worth and wonder why Hobby Town USA doesn't sell DJI products. Store personnel say it's 'cause DJI doesn't support their stuff. And DJI is a little..... squirrelly re: customer service/support/instruction, but not to the point of avoiding the product line. I'm (so far) very pleased with my P3Adv.They do sell Yuneec, and it's probably a matter of margin ie. MONEY.
thoughts??
2016-1-21
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

im sure they get a better deal with the Yuneec
2016-1-21
Use props
tonybennett1973
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100151 ft
United States

My local hobby store says basically the same thing, DJI doesn’t have North American support; i.e., like Blade/Horizon Hobby that they can send drones, etc. in for repair, warranty evaluation,etc.  They said they’d sell DJI ASAP if DJI had the same, or near the same, customer support as Horizon Hobby.
Edit: To add to this my LHS sells lots of different stuff but sells lots of Traxxas stuff as well and Traxxas, according to them, has great customer service as well. As soon as DJI has this in place more places will sell DJI.
2016-1-22
Use props
scgene31
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17802 ft
United States

I got my P3A at Hobby Town USA in Augusta, Georgia
2016-1-22
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

My LHS never heard of DJI but they carry 3 or 4 different brands.
2016-1-22
Use props
flocko
lvl.1

United States

What is a LOCAL Hobby Shop ??? lol ... Have not seen that dinosaur in years
2016-1-22
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

I was at the HobbyTown on Walnut Hill (across from Presby Dallas) last week.  The guy behind the drone counter mentioned that the owner bought a bunch of Phantom 3's in anticipation of an XMAS rush, and still had a bunch to sell.

They had one behind the counter,  either a Pro or Advanced - can't remember.

Sid
2016-1-22
Use props
dewayt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 641224 ft
United States

Hobby Town USA in Chattanooga TN was the same way, went in there almost a year ago and they had some phantoms....  went up there before Christmas, noticed they did not have any phantoms so I asked, the person behind counter said "we got rid of all that junk and quit selling them"..    he did try to push another brand on me, but I was set on getting a DJI Phantom so I just purchased it from the DJI Store.
2016-1-22
Use props
payton
lvl.1

United States

Hobby Town USA in San Antonio actually recommended the P3P over all the others that they had. And they sell all the extras.
2016-1-22
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

lol sounds like its the individual stores decision
2016-1-22
Use props
metronome
lvl.2
United States

One Word... Franchise, and parent company allows some ( or great) latitude
2016-1-22
Use props
Jdoyle
lvl.2

United States

metronome

Check this out
I bought my P3P here and they are very helpful, onsite or by phone

Drones for Pro's - Drones for Fun
Commercial, Industrial, Racers, Hobbyists, Vacationers,
Custom builds, Kits, Ready to fly...

Texas's only DJI Factory Authorized Support Center
Parts in Stock - Same day repairs
http://dronesplusdallas.com/
They are located in Frisco, Texas (north Dallas)
2016-1-22
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

flocko Posted at 2016-1-22 06:12
What is a LOCAL Hobby Shop ??? lol ... Have not seen that dinosaur in years

We have one here where I live.  It's called Uncle Dons Hobbies and it is locally owned and operated.  Even sells Dji products.  It is in Palm Desert,  California.
2016-1-22
Use props
4StateFlyer
lvl.2

United States

Where I live we have 1 hobby store it  is locally owend.  You can ask on what best and can almost guarantee it's what ever brings in most profit at time.

I  do give them credit I bought a gas RC car online and they helped me get it started.   So cant say they are bad just like profit margins.
2016-1-22
Use props
flocko
lvl.1

United States

KEY WORD !! " Locally Owned" . You know , I would pay slightly more for products in a local hobby shop that the internet just to have the access handy . So a battery or some comsumable part costs a few bucks more .  Picture : Your buzzing around on Sunday morning in our wonderful sky's and all of a sudden a consumable fails . Well , sure , I can get on my keyboard and pound out an order and wait a week to fly again but that aint no fun .  I also notice that most of you posting live in some of the largest city's in the US .  Further more , some things I like to see in person before I buy them .

Counter point : One issue and proly the biggest is that a lot of local shops priced themselves right out of the business forcing folks to go to the net for product . Large warehouses with " stack em high , sell em low" low overhead was hard for local shops to beat .
2016-1-23
Use props
ccbiggz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117697 ft
United States

scgene31 Posted at 2016-1-22 09:03
I got my P3A at Hobby Town USA in Augusta, Georgia

Isn't that store on Bobby Jones in front of Walmart? I'm right down the road from Augusta. Do they service DJI products? Just curious
2016-1-23
Use props
metronome
lvl.2
United States

Jdoyle Posted at 2016-1-22 19:51
metronome

Check this out

Damn jdoyle, i saw these guy's while surfing. Thought it was something out of somebodies 3rd bedroom... it's a real storefront!
I'll be going down there Friday.
2016-2-3
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

United States

This must be something new, the first time I saw a DJI Inspire  was at the Hobby Town USA location on Walnut Hill in Dallas Texas. I guess they did away with them or something.
2016-2-3
Use props
christopherglen
lvl.1

United States

Our local hobby store has very little RC, more trains and craft stuff.  The one in a neighboring town does a lot of rc, mostly cars & fixed wing.  They could get DJI, but at full retail.  I ended up going B&H photo.  I have NEVER had a customer service issue with them, I have spent more on 3 lenses for my DSLR then the P3P and accessories cost.
2016-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules