2400 22 2016-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been on the hunt searching for the difference in FW history when it comes to the NFZ.  I am on the very old 1.1.2 with some NFZ but nothing like it is with the latest FW.  I would like to jump up to the 1.4 and need to know what has changed between my old FW and the 1.4. in reguards to the NFZ.  I am very close to a patch of grass airport without a nfz with my current FW and will not update if it expands to include it with a newer version.  I know the very latest will, so that's off limits.   Did a search without much luck.  Wish there was a search box in here.

2016-1-21
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Bugger all documented Von - DJI don't believe in proper release notes or informing the customer.
I'd stay under V1.3 if you can - lots of issues crept in at that point  that have caused many persons grief.
2016-1-21
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Please refer to this list to see the history of updates Inspire_1_Release_Notes_en_12.23.pdf (282.79 KB, Down times: 48)
2016-1-21
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

There are some changes but NFZ stay less in 1.4 and 1.5.

However the flight experience was much better in 1.3, I think you clould still fly a stright line forward and back in 1.3. It got extremely worse with ESC version 1.11 in 1.5+
2016-1-22
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Machoman Posted at 2016-1-22 11:08

I am at 1.5 and do not intend to go any further I think the problem of straight flight and stable hover lock is better in 1.5 than it was in 1.4  I dont think I see any diff in the nfz's in 1.3 , 1.4 , and 1.5  I will not go to 1.6 and the 2.5 app.  I do have the the 2.4.3 app loaded I am going to uninstall and go back to to app 2.4.2 and then I am going to purchase Litchi,  I can not take anymore surprises, downgrades, and disappointments from DJI  every month.  I just hope Litchi dosen't nag me to upgrade something every ten minutes.  
2016-1-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Machoman Posted at 2016-1-23 02:08

Whichever firmware you are on your aircraft should fly straight. I am on the latest and calibrated the IMU and a clean compass calibration and mine flys perfectly straight and is also did on all the earlier firmwares.
2016-1-22
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tim,   I picked through that PDF and on Pg 8, it gave a link to the NFZ and I checked the map and the zones on that map is except-able for me. Can it then be stated that the NFZ would be the same if upgrading to 1.4?   I know that in later versions it has more and are larger in diameter.
2016-1-22
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-23 05:55
Whichever firmware you are on your aircraft should fly straight. I am on the latest and calibrated ...

Sorry Ken, but a definite issue came in with 1.3 and has NOT been fixed.
Multiple people have reported crashing since this version due to the Inspire not holding altitude consistently. We have also see a definite fault with holding a straight path to/from the home position.

It is about time that DJI actually listened and provided a fix for this.  

2016-1-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-1-24 12:39
Sorry Ken, but a definite issue came in with 1.3 and has NOT been fixed.
Multiple people have repo ...

I have not heard of anyone crashing their Inspire because it does not hold altitude. Even if it were to bobble up and down for some reason I don't see how that can cause a crash. If it was descending by itself for some reason, wouldn't you just give it more throttle so it holds it altitude?
2016-1-23
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Australia

Plenty of discussion on the forum at the time Ken, PaulKerry started a couple of threads on the issue, many people responded that they were also affected.
I had luckily setup a post-upgrade shakedown and test flight checklist prior, so was able to experience the changed flight behavior in a safe/open environment before attempting to fly in an unfamiliar location.
I had a heads up, many others didn't.

The quality of firmware engineering and effectiveness of testing out of DJI is just not acceptable.
2016-1-24
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Looks like my post has run off in another direction and would still like to get a answer from Tim before I update anything, so am in the waiting mode for now.
2016-1-25
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-21 21:58
Please refer to this list to see the history of updates

Tim,  Can you answer the question?
2016-1-25
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tim,  I see your online, so can I get a answer to my question??
2016-1-27
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So Tim,  Do you NOT work for DJI anymore that you do not answer????
2016-1-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-1 09:24
I did !

Ours made contact with the ground on more than one occasion because it lost altitude.

I'm sorry about that Paul. I didn't realize people had an issue. Was the support center able to find the cause?
2016-1-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-1 12:01
I never bothered calling the customer disservice centre - Not after the downright rude and ignorant ...

That is strange, I've never had that happen to mine. I did have an S800/Wookong a few years ago and that had a small issue when transitioning into forward flight you had to give throttle too (like you do with a helicopter).
I'm sorry if they were rude to you. i will ask the techs tomorrow to see what they say about it.
2016-1-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-1 13:43
This behaviour is reported by a fair number of people and only since FW1.03 - it's not that strang ...

Give me your email, and I'm going to put you in contact that may be able to assist you.
I'm sorry about that.
2016-2-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-2 00:22
You're a star, Ken... Many thanks...

My username on this forum may be represented as XxxxYyyyy, o ...

Got it, thanks.
2016-2-1
Use props
easiair05
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1336942 ft
United States

Good job Paul. In the same boat as you are and have missed the bird I bought back in January 2015.........keep up the good fight.
2016-2-1
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Australia

It appears that V1.3 introduced new ESC software - I don't know what the change was or difference from the earlier code however.
While watching the A/C update over the past few versions it looks like the ESC code has been revised since then.

If we had detailed changelogs and release notes, then we as consumers could make an informed decision to update or not.
Similarly to the ludicrous NDA conditions imposed upon persons doing beta testing - no benefit in sweeping testing progress and results under the carpet.
What makes this an idiotic situation is that there is no commercial benefit to DJI in being so opaque - you already have our money and this condescending attitude does nothing but serve to dissuade repeat business and sales.

Eventually, the flow of eager N00bs will shrink to a trickle and DJI will have to-revisit it's marketing led strategy. Hopefully there will be some engineering talent left.
2016-2-1
Use props
domidragon90
lvl.2

Switzerland

Got this problem on sunday too. The inspire just lost a lot of altitude. I had luck and pushed the inspire upwards before it crashes into the ground...
Thats only one problem since the newer FW. (I'm using I1 Pro).
Log still not usable.
Horizon still not fit.
etc...
2016-2-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-2 04:37
Well... Here's the current situation...

I've been talking in email to the gentleman at DJI... His  ...

Paul,
I'm glad he made contact with you quickly. If he wants to build a case for you then he needs everything you have and that's probably why he asked for so much info.
I'm sure all your data will go to the techs in China for review.
I have flown many many inspires on all firmwares and honestly never experienced the issue so I'm not sure why you and a few others are having the issue but at least you were contacted by someone who has far more clout than me.
2016-2-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-3 02:41
I do appreciate it, Ken. Thank you.

The transfer failed last night. I checked it this morning and  ...

I am sorry about everything. I don't know if the techs can upgrade then downgrade all the way to where you are now.
But at least your care is getting further looked into.
2016-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules