Have you seen this video?
1795 13 2015-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nordkapph20
lvl.2

United States

This was filmed in Brazil at Devil's Needle.   Watch on a big screen if you can.
I challenge you to say you are NOT sweating when you get to the 2:40 mark and further.
I hang glided for 12 years and did not get this freaked out.  

Amazing!!!
2015-1-2
Use props
b.w.j
Second Officer

Denmark

Are they still alive
Spectacular.
2015-1-2
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

Not for the fainthearted - if something went wrong with the bird - ouch!

Great footage.
2015-1-2
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

They have more balls than I will ever have.  He controlled the Phantom really well.  It made my legs go weak.
2015-1-2
Use props
DJIFrankie
New

United Kingdom

Wow! Just Wow!
2015-1-2
Use props
mh
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Screw that, made me feel sick just watching it!
2015-1-2
Use props
birdfolk
lvl.3

United States

I'd hate to have to do the DJI dance up there.  Might get dizzy.
2015-1-2
Use props
nordkapph20
lvl.2

United States

It is a crazy mix alright to take experienced mountain climbing and flying the phantom. It reminds me of when I go to Yosemite National Park and watching these extreme climbers scale El Capitan, a sheer 3,000 ft granite wall.  You almost can't watch in fear they may fall.

You got that right birdfolk, not a place to be dancing.  
2015-1-2
Use props
applekiller
lvl.3
Flight distance : 138458 ft
Canada

Wow,  what a great pilot incredible footage
2015-1-2
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

WHEW!  I couldn't help but wonder about that ginormous fractured rock shard they were perched on.  Who knows when it's going to just topple over?  Amazing video!  Well, I'm certainly not going to criticize them for flying over 400 feet!   
2015-1-2
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

They didn't fly over 400 feet from where they took off.
2015-1-2
Use props
nordkapph20
lvl.2

United States

applekiller Posted at 2015-1-3 00:54
Wow,  what a great pilot incredible footage

gil - I thought the same thing, at some point in time it's gonna topple.  There are these beautiful sea arches around Lake Superior at Pictured Rock National Lake Shore.  I have kayaked almost the entire shoreline of Lake Superior. And a few years back a section gave way.  No one was kayaking underneath at the time fortunately.  I guess your time is up if you happen to be there. You are the chosen one.  
2015-1-2
Use props
gnixon
lvl.4

United States

actually, the odds of a climber on that path accidentally slipping and falling on the way up there is probably 1000 times higher (if not more) than that thing actually falling off while they are on it.  not saying it cant happen, just saying that if you are an experienced climber, you probably dont worry about the mountain falling down or  you'd be driving yourself crazy worrying about things that are way more likely to happen to you to begin with LOL.
2015-1-2
Use props
nordkapph20
lvl.2

United States

gnixon@comporiu Posted at 2015-1-3 04:44
actually, the odds of a climber on that path accidentally slipping and falling on the way up there i ...

Oh absolutely.  More likely to get hit by lightening twice and win the lottery 3 x then that rock collapsing on you.    It makes you nervous purely from their chance to fall. It is more nerve racking for the viewer than for them even though they are the ones in jeopardy.  
2015-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules