Twitching camera
1297 15 2016-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mneilson
lvl.1
Italy

Hi - I am a newbie so apologies if I am doing something silly .....but...my camera has a twitch ! I have calibrated gimbal, IMU, compass but even when I put the drone on the kitchen table the gimbal 'twiches' at times imperceptively but others quite markedly. In video shots from the air it is still quite apparent.When I look at the 'sensors' the compass sensor seems to vary - is this normal when it is stationary ? Could this be causing the issue. I have updated all firmware and even reloaded using the Splooge technique of inserting screwdriver into the correct oriface to force a reload.
Any suggestions - I tried DJI technical but  didnt get a reply
Thanks

2016-1-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

It shouldn't be twitching, Can you pst a video. The compass wouldn't cause the camera to twitch. You can try a IMU calibration, then gimbal calibration and see if it makes a difference. Are you on the latest firmware on the aircraft? If not, try to update and see if it resolves it.
If nothing works then contact the support center and if they cannot walk you though anything then you'll have to send it in for repair.
Also, never in a crash? And did it start all of a sudden, or after a firmware update, or get like that over time?
2016-1-22
Use props
mneilson
lvl.1
Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-22 17:59
It shouldn't be twitching, Can you pst a video. The compass wouldn't cause the camera to twitch. You ...

Hi - as I said above I have calibrated IMU, gimbal and compass.

I have upgraded the firmware successfully (and for the batteries and remote) to the latest version.

I will take a 'kitchen table' video tomorrow and you can see that although the drone doesn't move at all the picture 'twitches' every two seconds or so. It is almost brand new (end December) P3 professional - flown about 6 times and never ever crashed or burned. In fact it has been molly coddled inside a rigid case and with the gimbal protector in place when transported.

I will reload everything once more and re-calibrate (because I dont want to have to send it back unless I really have to) - will let you know how I get one. Thanks for reply but maybe read what I have written next time :-)

I am a newbie but reasonably technical. I don't remember when it started exactly - I noticed it first after  the firmware upgrade when it was sitting on the kitchen table. I will look back at the first footage that I shot -pre the upgrade and see if it is apparent.
2016-1-23
Use props
mneilson
lvl.1
Italy

I have upgraded the firmware successfully (and for the batteries and remote) to the latest version.

I will take a 'kitchen table' video tomorrow and you can see that although the drone doesn't move at all the picture 'twitches' every two seconds or so. It is almost brand new (end December) P3 professional - flown about 6 times and never ever crashed or burned. In fact it has been molly coddled inside a rigid case and with the gimbal protector in place when transported.

I will reload everything once more and re-calibrate (because I dont want to have to send it back unless I really have to) - will let you know how I get one. Thanks for reply but maybe read what I have written next time :-)

I am a newbie but reasonably technical. I don't remember when it started exactly - I noticed it first after  the firmware upgrade when it was sitting on the kitchen table. I will look back at the first footage that I shot -pre the upgrade and see if it is apparent.
2016-1-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mneilson Posted at 2016-1-24 00:18

I have upgraded the firmware succ ...

If you have done the IMU, compass, gimbal calibrations and nothing works, then you may have to send it in for repair.
2016-1-23
Use props
mneilson
lvl.1
Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-23 18:51
If you have done the IMU, compass, gimbal calibrations and nothing works, then you may have to sen ...

I will download the latest firmware update as I see it contains stabilisation solutions and see where we are after that. The prblem appears after the last formware upgrade as the very first video didnt have the issue - it is clearly software related.

2016-1-26
Use props
mneilson
lvl.1
Italy

I will download the latest firmware update as I see it contains stabilisation solutions and see where we are after that. The prblem appears after the last formware upgrade as the very first video didnt have the issue - it is clearly software related.
2016-1-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mneilson Posted at 2016-1-27 02:58
I will download the latest firmware update as I see it contains stabilisation solutions and see wher ...

Hopefully that will do it, if not then it may need to come in for repair.
2016-1-26
Use props
mneilson
lvl.1
Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-26 20:07
Hopefully that will do it, if not then it may need to come in for repair.

Hi Tim I know we corresponded a while ago and the twitch seemed to go away for a while. I am still concenred because my footage does not seem as stable as others on the site even when taken on a calm day. I have just had another go at upgrading (even though all the others are 'successful on the text file. I have noticed when the drone is switched on that there is a marked difference in strength of the resistance to the camera lens upwards and downwards and rotational (ie at the camera end but the part that attaches to the aircraft is floppy with almost no resistance whatsoever. In fact when the aircraft is flying I am sure it is this waggling around. I live in Sardinia Italy - where do I send it back for a repair/check-up? Thanks
2016-2-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mneilson Posted at 2016-2-28 05:59
Hi Tim I know we corresponded a while ago and the twitch seemed to go away for a while. I am still ...

It has softening built into it so when you yaw it's a fluid motion on the video. You can see this by moving the yaw stick left and right and you will see the camera sway just a tad in both directions and this is how it's supposed to work.
If you can post a short video clip then we can see if there are jerky movements caused possibly by the pilot or a gimbal motor needing repair.
2016-2-28
Use props
mneilson
lvl.1
Italy

Here is a Vimeo clip of two shots - the first issue starts about 17 seconds in and displays the 'twich' issue and the second shot shows the not so stable footage - I have plenty like this. Wind wasnt too strong but a breeze -   - thanks
2016-2-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mneilson Posted at 2016-2-29 16:44
Here is a Vimeo clip of two shots - the first issue starts about 17 seconds in and displays the 'twi ...

That definitely shouldn't be like that.
It's strange that you said it started after an upgrade.
Can you try to downgrade and see what happens.
Also, it was never crashed was it?
2016-2-29
Use props
mneilson
lvl.1
Italy

Hi - no it has always been there - i upgraded the copter before i flew it first time. Successfully i might add. It has never been crashed and in fact has never had even a bumpy landing. I am paranoid about damaging the thing. As i said even when in the box i use the gimbal protector to remain stable. I think one of your people need to examine it. How do I do that? Where is the closest service centre - Germany?
2016-2-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

mneilson Posted at 2016-3-1 09:27
Hi - no it has always been there - i upgraded the copter before i flew it first time. Successfully i ...

Yes, I agree it needs to be looked at. The closest to you is Germany. You can start a support ticket or I can send an email to them if you post your email fairly quickly.
And if I am offline for the night then possibly someone else will send an email to Germany repair.
Here is the link to start a ticket.

http://www.dji.com/support
2016-2-29
Use props
mneilson
lvl.1
Italy

THANK YOU I HAVE INITIATED CONTACT WITH SUPPORT AND WILL WAIT TO HEAR BACK. APPRECIATE YOUR HELP
2016-3-1
Use props
mneilson
lvl.1
Italy

Ken - I have now sent three messages to the support team - I have received automated acknowledgements but nothing further - please can you add weight by sending them an email or something. I am pretty dismayed at the level of support ' from support' what is going on?. I am happy to upload all the flight data that shows no crashes etc. ...but I need something/or someone to respond to - thanks
2016-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules