P3S return to home
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nabzo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 353310 ft
South Africa

Hi all this my be a stupid question but i want to knpw before i do some thing wrong

When starting up to save home location must o save the remote home location or aircraft home location ?

Reason i asking is because when i hit the auto take off. I fly around and when i click he "H" on the go app it just decends where ever it is and lands but before i started my flight i said home location as of aircraft and not remote .

If some one could please left me know what i am doing wrong and educate me.

Thank you.
2016-1-23
Use props
davidlwoodall
lvl.2

United States

You may be within 20m of the home point? This post explains RTH very well:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=38269&mobile=2
2016-1-23
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello if you are within 20 m of your home point it will land.  give it a try next time fly out 30 m anf then rth
2016-1-23
Use props
nabzo
lvl.2
South Africa

Yes I think that's the thing I'm close to my drone like 5m just trying to play it safe tomorrow I willl try more then 30m . should I make my home point the aircraft or remote position .
2016-1-23
Use props
davidlwoodall
lvl.2

United States

nabzo@me.com Posted at 2016-1-23 08:21
Yes I think that's the thing I'm close to my drone like 5m just trying to play it safe tomorrow I wi ...

It will set its own home point (listen to verify it has, then double check in DJI GO app). If within 20m of that point, it will land where it is. Further away, it will ascend to the RTH height (set in GO app), return in a straight line, then descend to landing. The post I linked explains it all very well. VERY IMPORTANT to verify home point has been set, and your RTH height is high enough to avoid any obstructions in the straight line return to home.
2016-1-23
Use props
nabzo
lvl.2

thank you I have had a good read on you link you sent . thank you ,, I have noticed the "H" in green on App but I do not hear it verifying and setting home point I know from videos I have been watching that on the app the voice with say home point set automatically with out me selecting to capture home point been either aircraft or remote.

for argument sake which is the best option to choose to have home point ? Aircraft or remote ?
2016-1-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

nabzo@me.com Posted at 2016-1-25 18:43
thank you I have had a good read on you link you sent . thank you ,, I have noticed the "H" in green ...

Always the departure point of the aircraft unless you move away from there with the RC. A classic case would be if you got in a car and drove away from where you started, taking the RC unit with you.

However, and this is important, your display device MUST have GPS capability to set the new home point, and they are not always that accurate. It is a dicey thing to do.
2016-1-25
Use props
WetDog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1131886 ft
United States

For simplicity's sake, Geebax is correct.  Set the AIRCRAFT Homepoint.
2016-1-25
Use props
nabzo
lvl.2
Switzerland

thank you .
2016-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules