1367 14 2016-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome case. $359.00 including shipping.
http://microraptorcases.com/prod ... pire-1-landing-mode
This thing is bulletproof!
aa2.jpg
aa3.jpg
aa4.jpg
aa5.jpg
2016-1-23
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Wow nice one ! however, not cheap at all
2016-1-24
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great case for the Inspire 1 and the P3 I have them both
2016-1-24
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the goprofessional  landing mode case for the inspire 1 pro with x5, cost over $500.00 and i would not recomend it because its massive, akward and heavy.
2016-1-25
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

This is a bit bulky and heavy as well. But one thing I looked at before I bought was the measurements.
The Mircoraptor is 2.5" shorter, 1.75" narrower and 1" lower.
The reason I was willing to buy a case is I don't want to have to mess with the travel mode thing, plus I read plenty about the stock case having zipper and handle issues.
I've got way too much into this bird to take chances.  I'll sell the stock case on ebay to recover a little of the cost of this case.
2016-1-25
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-1-25 06:28
I have the goprofessional  landing mode case for the inspire 1 pro with x5, cost over $500.00 and i  ...

I have the GPC case for the Inspire Pro. It's heavy but looks like it will protect well
2016-1-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-26 16:48
I actually really love the stock case because of the way it fits into our car, perfectly.

I am ex ...

Like I said, the landing mode case is not worth the extra money I don't even use mine only for in home storage of my second, spare inspire 1
2016-2-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-4 08:24
Do you not use it at all, now? Has it become a workshop coffee-table?

One thing that strikes me as ...

No I don't use it in the field, it's just to heavy, it will barely fit in my car. It would be nice if you were going on a trip and it went into the checked luggage cause it's built like a tank but then you can't lock it and you have to take your batteries on the carry on luggage with you. The people at the tsa are thieves so that's out. I think if you wanted to take bird on a trip with you the best bet would be the phantom 3 pro, they make carry on cases for them. I'm actually looking for a light weight landing mode case, if I can find one for sale or a do it yourself I will let you know.
2016-2-4
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-2-4 22:41
No I don't use it in the field, it's just to heavy, it will barely fit in my car. It would be nice ...

Caseman makes one http://www.caseman.com/product/DRCS1WF.html
I sold the microraptor b/c too heavy and bulky.
2016-2-23
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

I was going to buy a landing mode case but once you have to remove the props, you may as well go through the whole process I Recon.....
2016-2-23
Use props
raphael.dahan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18275925 ft
  • >>>
France

But I'm looking for the same case that you can carry on your back
2016-2-24
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Makers of landing mode cases claim that you do not need to remove the gimbal. While it will fit in the case, there is no support to keep it from bouncing around in transit. I don't feel comfortable at all risking a $2200 camera and gimbal to un-necessary shock. This is another thing that led me back to a travel mode case.
     I was removing the props and gimbal anyway. All that was left was to power it up once more to put in travel mode. (Not at all difficult, or that time consuming)
     Once I got that huge, bulky, heavy case I immediately knew I would not like it. I don't fly on airlines or carry it more than from the house to the car. (30 feet)
     I can see where these massive cases have their use and where they are needed. But I am much happier with the caseman case.
     Ironically, I sold the stock DJI Plastic suitcase on eBay to a guy who had the zipper fail on his after only a month of use.
2016-2-25
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

raphael.dahan@d Posted at 2016-2-24 22:18
But I'm looking for the same case that you can carry on your back

If you have the x3 camera this looks good: http://www.amazon.com/Bestem-Aer ... proof/dp/B0187QCN1C
If X5, all I can find is this one (Big $) https://goprofessionalcases.com/dji-inspire-1-backpack.html
2016-2-25
Use props
raphael.dahan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18275925 ft
  • >>>
France

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-2-25 20:36
If you have the x3 camera this looks good: http://www.amazon.com/Bestem-Aerial-DJI-Inspire-Waterpr ...

Thanks Aero, landing mod? , is it will be for the x5r also?
2016-2-28
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

raphael.dahan@d Posted at 2016-2-28 19:04
Thanks Aero, landing mod? , is it will be for the x5r also?

The one on amazon is X3 only. The other is for X5. Don't know about landing mode, but in the pictures it appears to be landing mode.
2016-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules