Completely Unrestricted Flight for Professional Users
746 0 2016-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lessinspired
lvl.1

United States

This new geofencing kept us grounded for a  full day while on a shoot in a very remote location.  We were no where  near a no fly zone according to charts and the FAA app.  We finally got  inspire to fly by downloading beta on a very slow internet  connection.  We were lucky.  Next time we might be days away from an  internet connection or have to bring an extremely costly BGAN unit and  even then it might not fly. This was not only extremely embarrassing,  but it cost us time, money and reputation.  I am not very happy that  after spending around $15,000 to become fully FAA compliant and then be  grounded by the manufacturer.  I now cannot trust the DJI Inspire 1 Pro  for shoots if they have any control of where I fly.  

I would like to recommend the following solution for professional  user.  Allow users to enter their Section 333 number, Tail Number and  Pilot Certificate number for totally unrestricted flight.  We already  have to deal with FAA and cumbersome COA... asking  permission from DJI after that is completely absurd.  For recreational  users, I feel your pain too.  You should at least be able to fly up to  200' and everyone should be able to return their devices if you cant fly  them.  If you plan on using the Inspire 1 or pro for business, think  again and wait it out.  

2016-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules