Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Red Sea Picture Posted at 2016-5-12 00:31
I am a long time Red camera operator, I shoot Dragon  6K underwater, have been working with RAW vi ...

Nice, you will really like the X5R, I am still learning photography/videography/editing.
2016-5-11
Use props
RedSeaPictures
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-12 00:52
Nice, you will really like the X5R, I am still learning photography/videography/editing.

Thanks Ken, just wanted to add, when shooting RAW, file sizes are so enormous, and eat up so much storage memory, that you have to be a brutal editor of your own stuff. Used to be we could store it all, even the substandard footage, on the eventual chance a viable imaging solution becomes available in post. I have personally found that scrubbing through the footage and immediately trimming clips of unwanted ins and outs, as well as discarding stuff that is sub standard, goes a long way to decreasing storage requirements. Plus makes for a far smoother NLE process.

Not familiar yet with CineLight, but if it does not have that scrub and dump capability, then it really needs to. Even better, to do that with the SD proxy files, linked to the SSD RAW, would save everyone lots of headaches. This holds true even with the highest spec editing machines available at the moment. Computing power has consistently lagged behind RAW video image processing requirements. And now Red wants us to manage 8K files, yikes!

Just in case anyone is panicking, a RAW image contains huge amounts of spectral data, every new and improved codec that comes out is able to use that to advantage. Your footage is future proof. Think of every frame as a painting, where all possible colors and pigments have been splashed on to the canvas, from blacks to highlights and everything in between, your task as the artist is to extract only those you want, create an image that is your personal vision, it's all there for you to choose from.

Hope this helps,

Cheers, Tom
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

RedSeaPictures Posted at 2016-5-13 06:03
Thanks Ken, just wanted to add, when shooting RAW, file sizes are so enormous, and eat up so much  ...

I played with the Inspire1 and X5R for a few weeks but my testing was more flight testing since I'm not that versed in the photo/video editing like I said. BUT, I just got a new laptop and would like to try again
2016-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules